Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

baeleg

Old November 23rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere; I did search the forums and found some mention of "known problems" but they didn't seem to fit the bill.

I'm trying to figure out how to get both Flurry of Blows and Power Attack/Deadly Aim to show up on the printable character sheet. I see Flurry under Special Abilities, but I can't seem to assign it to a weapon type and see what the flurry would be for that weapon. Same with Power Attack/Deadly Aim.

I generally write these items on my character sheet as separate attacks to help speed up play.

Also, I was writing a Zen Archer and the "Basics" summary lists both a ranged flurry and a melee flurry, but the Zen Archer loses the ability to use flurry in melee.
baeleg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk

Old February 8th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I am going to necro this because I want the same thing.

I am messing with levelling a monk PC right now. Basically, now like at every level for the last 8 levels, I print the pdf, then have to go and manually add in the flurry of blows attack/damage and then the power attacking attack/damage (and flurrying power attacking) manually in the weapons section with a pen, which is lame.

It would be great if flurry, power attack, etc. were options one could get pre-printed as weapons. The implementation can be ghetto, I don't care - make a weapon called "Unarmed attack, flurry" or... something. I don't use HL at the table so am not interested in 'turn it on/turn it off," I want it on the character sheet...

Oh on that same topic, "Belier's Bite" (d4 bleed on unarmed attacks) should show up under unarmed attack damage since it applied all the time if you have it. In general, specials (poison, etc.) don't appear with the weapon listing, which would be very helpful for combat purposes.
mxyzplk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxyzplk View Post
add in the flurry of blows attack/damage and then the power attacking attack/damage

"Belier's Bite" (d4 bleed on unarmed attacks) should show up under unarmed attack damage
Flurry is on there in Specials as a modifier to your attacks, the way it is printed is strange and includes your BAB and the -2 Penalty. I just ignore it, and use TWF (and ITWF/GTWF if you have sufficient explicit levels in Monk) and apply the -2 to all attacks normally.

I kind of wish we had a direct "Flurry" chain printed or I wish the Flurry Special would fetch the unarmed attack and print the sequence. Hmm, I bet that could be coded as a ReplaceID. Never checked into that.

Power Attack is in In-Play tab. I just enable it and leave it enabled, since I never attack without it.

The Belier's Bite is heavily debated exactly how it works.
It was a very early version of Bleed and doesn't have a great wording.
There are two ways to read the RAW:
1) Every attack gets 1d4 Bleed; take the highest value on the d4 you got during the Full Attack, apply that value
2) Every attack gets a stacking 1d4 Bleed

Option 1 is what most people use.
Option 2 can be read that way, but it is definitely an uncommon interpretation. I've never seen a PFS table run it this way.
risner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 9th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Baby setting a server upgrade, I decided to try to tackle this problem.
Here is a fix that includes an Adjustment that you can use to target your Flurry of Blows to something other than Unarmed and the patch that modifies the system Flurry of Blows to display the attack sequence with all bonuses includes.

It should work in all cases, except in cases where wAttack on a weapon is modified after Final/10002 (shouldn't ever happen)

HERE

Mathis, if the code isn't too ugly, you are welcome to copy this into the real FoB special.
risner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 9th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
HERE

Mathis, if the code isn't too ugly, you are welcome to copy this into the real FoB special.
Nice just tested it out and works really well including working with Weapon Focus, Weapon Finesse, and mixing in Fighter levels.

Though yours has the same problem as mine which is Power Attack. A 4th level monk using FoB and PA should be -2/+4 with the weapons they are FoB with.

I also went a little different and changed the livename on Unarmed Strike to show the additional information. So i.e it says "Unarmed Strike +4/+4". Though it does run out of a little room with a level 20 monk and using the extra ki attack. For those using PnP its nice to have all the attacks listed right their next to the weapon not on the 2nd page with other specials.

I like the adjustment you added so one can pick the weapon. Though changing the live name of the chosen weapon I think would make it just perfect.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 9th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Though yours has the same problem as mine which is Power Attack.
Pen and Paper its nice to have all the attacks listed
I need to ponder on this.
The fundamental problem with PA displaying properly is the BAB change.

I'm wondering if we need a "Am Flurrying" In Play? If so, it could (early on) modify the BAB of the PC, so that all things that flow from it like:
PA
Bleeding Critical DC
Agile Maneuvers

All those would be correctly modified?

Yea, I need to update the live name (and account for PA if active) as the PnP folk can't see changes to text other than livename.
risner is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 10th, 2011, 11:31 AM
The eventual solution for flurry of blows will be new lines on the display for the flurry attacks, added to the existing lines for melee and ranged attacks, but I haven't had time to implement that yet. So thank you for offering it for the program, but I'm going to hold off until I can get it properly implemented.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
stragen

Old February 22nd, 2011, 01:40 AM
Hello Gents/Ladies/Code Monkeys,

I was just looking for a solution to the monk flurry of blows problem. Figuring out all the correct values for a multi-class monk and having on a character sheet was the reason I bought hero lab for pathfinder.

Hopefully this patch/thingo will make it all sweet. I'll let you know how I go. Thanks for your work!

-Stragen
stragen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
stragen

Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:42 AM
Hi Again,

I tried to use this data file.

This is what I figured out so far.

Open Hero Lab, and load monk character.

Open the editor.

Open the data file in the editor.

Press Test Now.

I get the following error message

"Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation with the following errors were detected.

file: mfob.user (line 304) - Thing invalid unique id"

Any suggestions/instructions on how I should install this file?

Much Thanks,

Stragen
stragen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 22nd, 2011, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stragen View Post
file: mfob.user (line 304) - Thing invalid unique id"
There isn't a line 304.

I'm not sure how to help.
Don't try test.
Just while in the editor hit ctrl-c and recompile the whole data set.

Last edited by risner; February 22nd, 2011 at 05:11 AM.
risner is offline   #10 Reply With Quote