Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zorikune

Old June 23rd, 2015, 03:58 AM
Hello everyone, new to the forums here, but not to the program or its editor.

I have a question about implementing this into hero lab. I have been putting in druid animal companions like dinosaurs, dire animals, and other companions, and the one I'm currently having a bit of trouble is the dire animal, rhinocerous from Fiend Folio as I cannot figure out how to change the crit range and multiplier on the natural weapon. Is there a way to change the crit range and multiplier on the natural weapon, or a script that can be put into the Augment Critical that would do so. I have already made the Augment Critical into the special to show what it does now I just have to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Zorikune; June 23rd, 2015 at 08:58 AM.
Zorikune is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 23rd, 2015, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorikune View Post
Hello everyone, new to the forums here, but not to the program or its editor.

I have a question about implementing this into hero lab. I have been putting in druid animal companions like dinosaurs, dire animals, and other companions, and the one I'm currently having a bit of trouble is the dire animal, rhinocerous from Fiend Folio as I cannot figure out how to change the crit range and multiplier on the natural weapon. Is there a way to change the crit range and multiplier on the natural weapon, or a script that can be put into the Augment Critical that would do so. I have already made the Augment Critical into the special to show what it does now I just have to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.
The Critical hit range is handled by a tag. If you add Keen or Imp Crit to a weapon is automatically doubles the range, but obviously don't both work at the same time. So, for this, I would recommend something like this:

Code:
perform hero.childfound[wGore].delete[wCritMin.20]
perform hero.childfound[wGore].assign[wCritMin.19]
This should force the critical range to 19-20, which would then be doubled by the Imp Crit feat to 17-20. You may have to play around with the timing.

Incidentally, I am currently in the process of adding monster races to the community set. If you have anything you'd like to add, it would be greatly appreciated.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old June 23rd, 2015, 09:42 AM
Thank you Sendric! Yea I've been adding all the companions for druid and finished with the ones from Stormwrack, Sandstorm, and Fiend Folio. Now adding the ones from MM2 and will go from there. After its done I can send it to you.
Zorikune is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 23rd, 2015, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Thank you Sendric! Yea I've been adding all the companions for druid and finished with the ones from Stormwrack, Sandstorm, and Fiend Folio. Now adding the ones from MM2 and will go from there. After its done I can send it to you.
Thanks. Much appreciated.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old June 23rd, 2015, 02:42 PM
I don't know what to say about Monster Manual 2 or its Accessory Update, but when it comes to the skill points for it, alot of it just doesn't match what either say when it shows on hero lab. I still have all the monsters from MM2 on here after using the accessory 3.5 update, just when it comes to skill points, don't expect it to match to what the book and 3.5 accessory update says. Anyways, on to MM3 lol.

Last edited by Zorikune; June 23rd, 2015 at 02:54 PM.
Zorikune is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 23rd, 2015, 02:50 PM
Quote:
I don't know what to say about Monster Manual 2 or its Accessory Update, but when it comes to the skill points for it, alot of it just doesn't match what either say when it shows on hero lab. I still have all the monsters from MM2 on here after using the accessory 3.5 update, just when it comes to skill points, don't expect it to match what to what the book and 3.5 accessory update says. Anyways, on to MM3 lol.
This is pretty true for many games not just 3.5. Shadowrun and Pathfinder have this issue where statblocks are oven WAY wrong. Too many feats, too much attack bonus, wrong damage, too many or two few skill points...

Its not surprising at all actually.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old June 23rd, 2015, 02:53 PM
Quote:
This is pretty true for many games not just 3.5. Shadowrun and Pathfinder have this issue where statblocks are oven WAY wrong. Too many feats, too much attack bonus, wrong damage, too many or two few skill points...

Its not surprising at all actually.
True on that.

Last edited by Zorikune; June 23rd, 2015 at 03:00 PM.
Zorikune is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old June 24th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Finished. I'm going to enjoy all the druid animal companions I can pick from. Hope you got my message with the attachment Sendric.

Last edited by Zorikune; June 24th, 2015 at 03:19 PM.
Zorikune is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 25th, 2015, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Finished. I'm going to enjoy all the druid animal companions I can pick from. Hope you got my message with the attachment Sendric.
I got your message, but the attachment didn't work. Feel free to email me at sendric [at] gmail [dot] com.
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old June 25th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I got your message, but the attachment didn't work. Feel free to email me at sendric [at] gmail [dot] com.
Alright I've sent it to your email. Tell me what you think and if you have questions, feel free to ask me.
Zorikune is offline   #10 Reply With Quote