Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Terek

Old January 30th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Hi, I am trying to get the Yamabushi Tengu proficient with all weapons and include their +1. I searched this board and found a solution for getting it to have a +1 to swords and monk weapons. I am just having a hard time creating a script that will give weapon proficiency to all swords and monk weapons.

The reason I want to use a script instead of just check each weapon manually, is because if a new monk or sword is added, then I want the Yamabushi Tengu to automatically include it. Here is what I have. I followed the Tengu's eval script as a model.

Code:
~ Make proficient with all blades and monk weapons
      foreach thing in BaseWep where "wSpecial.Monk | wFtrGroup.BladeHeavy | wFtrGroup.BladeLight"
        perform eachthing.pulltags[WepProf.?]
        nexteach
I have this on a Racial ability called Yamabushi Weapons as the second eval script.

Also, is there a place that can give me a good startup on learning how to code data files?

Thank you for your help
Terek is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 30th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terek View Post
Also, is there a place that can give me a good startup on learning how to code data files?
Sorry without being near HL I can't answer your script question. But I can help here. Go to THIS post in the FAQ and the 2nd question has pointers on where to look to learn the HL editor. Also worth reading the whole FAQ as it has some good stuff in it.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Terek

Old January 30th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Thank you ShadowChemosh. I will do research on how to do this stuff. I have been very impressed with Herolab and it's versatility. Way better than CodeMonkey's Etools. They didn't have a decent way to modify the stuff yourself.

If you find out how to make a person proficient with the weapon please let me know. I don't think this script works on the Tengu even because I used their script almost exactly. I just added "wSpecial.Monk | " to include all weapons with the monk special property. I am almost certain that is not the problem because it works on my first eval script where I give a bonus of 1 to every weapon in those two fighter categories and that monk special category.

Thank you for your time,
Terek
Terek is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Terek

Old January 30th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I was reading on the wiki and I think I have figured it out. The problem is that I put this eval script on a racial ability and not on the race itself.

I looked up pulltags and found out that it is context sensitive and was adding that tag to the tags in the racial ability and not to the tags in the race. So the race was missing the WeapProf tags.

This was a learning experience. I still feel it would be nice to be able to have a racial ability that would automatically include the weapon proficiencies but I couldn't find out how to dynamically do that.

I found hero.assign[WepProf.x] but I couldn't figure out to dynamically put in the x pos the eachthing.idstring.

If anyone could point that out to me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Terek
Terek is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 30th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Code:
perform root.pushtags[WepProf.?]
That will create duplicates of all the WepProf tags on that thing on the pick that bootstrapped this one (the race, for a racial special). Or:

Code:
perform forward[WepProf.?]
(forward is an abbreviation in the code for hero.pushtags)

(technically, it's shorthand for container.pushtags, but unless you're working with an item power, the container of everything in the Pathfinder files is the hero).
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Terek

Old January 31st, 2012, 06:57 AM
Mathias,

Thank you very much for those samples and that explanation on how each method works. The explanations are necessary to help me understand so I can do more on my own.

Now I am trying to understand the context of the tag you are using in pushtags, pulltags and forward.

When you do a foreach does it change the context so when you reference the tag in a push or forward or pulltags it is grabbing them out of the thing or pick referenced in this iteration of the foreach loop?

Thanks for your time and I really appreciate it.

Terek
Terek is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 31st, 2012, 07:09 AM
While you're within a foreach, you can add

eachpick

to the beginning of a reference to refer to the current pick the foreach has found, or you can leave the eachpick off, and you'll still be in the context of the item that's running the script.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote