Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

expectdelay

Old November 13th, 2016, 06:19 AM
Help! I'm new to using the editor. I have created a hl file with one custom weapon in it for my 5e characters. It's a 2d6+1 bow of fire. Everything looks fine in the editor. I have transferred the file to my IPAD installation, no errors. When i look at the weapon in the "weapon" tab everything looks right, damage shows as 2d6+5 fire1. The +5 is correct for this character. When i got to the "play" tab and try to use the dice roller, it shows up as (2d6+51) and rolls the same incorrect way. Is this a known bug, or have i done something wrong? Should I post this in a different forum?
Thanks for any help.
-l
expectdelay is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
expectdelay

Old November 13th, 2016, 08:57 AM
never mind i figures it out. Needed to add a + before the extra damage 1. It was appending the 1 on the end of the characters damage bonus of 5 and making it 51. Adding in the + made the equation work properly.
expectdelay is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 13th, 2016, 09:05 AM
In these cases its always easier to "SHOW" then to have people guess. If you could upload the .user file that would make things go MUCH faster. See FAQ#4 for how to do that.

If I had to totally "guess" without seeing anything? No bug in the HL software the bug is in how you created the weapon. I think you typed in the "extra damage" area a single value of "1". Which HL sees as 2d6+5 1. But the die roller removes spaces leaving it at 2d6+51. You need to say "+1 fire" or " plus 1 fire". That is my guess.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
expectdelay

Old November 13th, 2016, 05:38 PM
That was right - thanks!
expectdelay is offline   #4 Reply With Quote