Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wurzel

Old October 24th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
So let's PLEASE get this discussion back to its proper purpose. Thanks!
Whatever purpose that may be, if not just pouring out the accumulated frustration...
Does somebody really think that the responsible management of those companies in question is reading this forum?
Take a deep breath, go out into the fresh air, hug a tree and kill some zombies (if you don't find any, hit stones instead). Then come back in and continue with that purpose

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 24th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Got a small question about the Paizo content. Sense you have a good working relationship with Paizo and will have Pathfinder adventures. Can we safely assume that Starfinder adventures will be coming to RW "soon" (soon of course meaning sometime in the future)?

My group will be switching to try out Starfinder when it comes out. Would be really nice if I could purchase the first Starfinder AP all done in RW. The time saving would be sweet!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old October 24th, 2016, 12:56 PM
On a similar subject, has a decision on if or how PFS scenarios will be handled?

I'm an active PFS player and GM besides running my own campaign and if the new scenarios became available in RW that would make my life so much easier.
kbs666 is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old October 24th, 2016, 04:31 PM
I apologize for my earlier comments. My intent was not to bash but to show the contrast between the two company's. Rereading my posts I see your point Rob. I removed them. I will endeavor to keep any future post vanilla.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 24th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Got a small question about the Paizo content. Sense you have a good working relationship with Paizo and will have Pathfinder adventures. Can we safely assume that Starfinder adventures will be coming to RW "soon" (soon of course meaning sometime in the future)?
Nothing is yet in writing, but I can pretty safely say "yes". Starfinder was announced long after our existing license was put in place, so it still needs to be added to our license. However, Paizo has sought assurances from us that we'll be supporting it, and we have a verbal agreement on it, so it should theoretically be just a matter of putting ink on paper at this point.
rob is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 24th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
On a similar subject, has a decision on if or how PFS scenarios will be handled?

I'm an active PFS player and GM besides running my own campaign and if the new scenarios became available in RW that would make my life so much easier.
PFS scenarios are on our radar, but there are some other things currently looming higher on our priority list. We're actively weighing the amount of time/effort involved in entering PFS scenarios vs. the number of copies we can reasonably expect to sell through the Content Market. Since they are primarily targeted at GMs running PFS, that's a smaller subset of the overall GMs running Pathfinder. There's also the consideration that we probably need to commit to doing all scenarios for a season, so we likely can't realistically "test the waters" by doing just a few of them on a trial basis.

At this point, the Magic 8-Ball is saying "Reply hazy. Ask again later."
rob is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 24th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
I apologize for my earlier comments. My intent was not to bash but to show the contrast between the two company's. Rereading my posts I see your point Rob. I removed them. I will endeavor to keep any future post vanilla.
There's no need to stay "vanilla". This is a hobby where we're all passionately invested, so it's normal to feel strongly about things. We all just need to be mindful of that and take the edge off some of those sentiments here on the forums. I'd bet that, if you had stopped to take a breath and re-read your post before pressing "Submit", you probably would have reasonably edited it a bit to remove that edge, at which point the post would have been fine. That's what I'm asking for here.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old October 25th, 2016, 05:55 AM
Mocha sucks. I want French Vanilla.

(Just trying to drum up some new more product appropriate drama...)
MaxSupernova is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old October 25th, 2016, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
PFS scenarios are on our radar, but there are some other things currently looming higher on our priority list. We're actively weighing the amount of time/effort involved in entering PFS scenarios vs. the number of copies we can reasonably expect to sell through the Content Market. Since they are primarily targeted at GMs running PFS, that's a smaller subset of the overall GMs running Pathfinder. There's also the consideration that we probably need to commit to doing all scenarios for a season, so we likely can't realistically "test the waters" by doing just a few of them on a trial basis.

At this point, the Magic 8-Ball is saying "Reply hazy. Ask again later."
While past seasons would be useful new scenarios are what I, and I'd guess most PFS GM's, would be most interested in.

I also think PFS scenarios show off part of what makes RW so powerful. Reducing session prep. PFS GM's do not usually have the sort of time to devote, or the foreknowledge of what they will be running, to spend more than a week prepping for a scenario. PFS actually has a website where GM's share resources to improve prep, pfsprep.com. There is definitely value in being able to buy the scenario where more of the prep has been done. RW can do that easily enough and with the ability to add each scenario into a Golarion realm with the setting info also present to give the players more immersion I think you might find that PFS would sell a lot of product, I bet it drives a lot of HL sales right now for similar reasons.
kbs666 is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
rlbeaver

Old October 26th, 2016, 05:05 AM
Okay, I searched around and see it mentioned, but can't find the official information...I know there was the player's view via the web, and I've heard there might be/will be a GM version for the web...is the intent of that to replace the desktop version eventually or to supplement?

Sorry if it's been asked and answered...if so, just pm me and I'll delete this post.

Last edited by rlbeaver; October 26th, 2016 at 05:28 AM.
rlbeaver is offline   #70 Reply With Quote