Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 12th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramanujan View Post
How do I get Sabre, Sawtooth to appear in the list of weapons available?

I've tried deactivating Inner Sea World Guide and associated names, but that doesn't seem to work.

Adventurer's Armoury and Curse of the Crimson Throne are both active (If I recall correctly both had the old version of the sword).
The name as listed in HL is "Sawtooth Sabre" so if you do a search for Sawtooth you don't see it? I see it is in CotCT, AA and ISWG.

Last thing is make sure you have turned on those books for your specific character. So open your character and press "CTRL-K" and make sure one of those books is turned on.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Ramanujan

Old February 22nd, 2016, 12:01 PM
For anyone else with the same problem, I had misunderstood and assumed "PFRPG_PC_AdventuresArmory_ArmWep.user" was an official LoneWolf/HeroLab file.

Instead the file in question can be found at:
http://www.ourrpgs.com/extras/commun...tions/hero-lab

Last edited by Ramanujan; February 22nd, 2016 at 12:14 PM.
Ramanujan is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Ramanujan

Old February 22nd, 2016, 12:13 PM
Huh.

Ok, so I've now got the old Sabre, Sawtooth.

I have Exotic weapon proficiency (Sabre, Sawtooth) ... but I'm not able to add Sabre, Sawtooth to either (Unchained) Rogue Finesse Training, nor to Slashing Grace (although I just noticed Slashing Grace doesn't work for duel wielding anyway).

The suggestion to use Longsword instead doesn't seem to work (and isn't available for the Finesse Training).

EDIT: Update, so I used ShadowChemosh's instructions on editing the Red Mantis above, but instead edited the Sabre, Sawtooth (Under Equipment->Weapons) to be a light weapon rather than a one handed weapon. It complained at me, but it worked. I suspect there is a better way of doing this, but I don't know it.

Last edited by Ramanujan; February 22nd, 2016 at 12:36 PM.
Ramanujan is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 22nd, 2016, 02:07 PM
Quote:
For anyone else with the same problem, I had misunderstood and assumed "PFRPG_PC_AdventuresArmory_ArmWep.user" was an official LoneWolf/HeroLab file.

Instead the file in question can be found at:
http://www.ourrpgs.com/extras/commun...tions/hero-lab
I so need to remove that stuff. Its so out of date its not even funny. You would be much better off getting the one from Lone Wolf. I mean this thread is 5 years old. ALLOT of Errata has happened in Pathfinder and only the books you get officially from LW will be kept updated.

Then you would also be able to put in an official bug report if you find an issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Ramanujan

Old February 22nd, 2016, 10:52 PM
Well, that file at least was useful!

And unless LW have provided some means of accessing the old Sabre that isn't mentioned anywhere on the web, then it's the only source I know of that does so. (I own pretty much everything LW have put out for pathfinder that I can find, so I don't think its a matter of acquiring another file from them)
Ramanujan is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Well, that file at least was useful!

And unless LW have provided some means of accessing the old Sabre that isn't mentioned anywhere on the web, then it's the only source I know of that does so. (I own pretty much everything LW have put out for pathfinder that I can find, so I don't think its a matter of acquiring another file from them)
I guess that is true actually. It would be a "pre-Errata" version of the Sabre. I guess in that case what I would do for my home games would be make your own .user file with Sabre. Then use the 'Replace Thing ID' feature so that your new version is treated as the LW version. That would prevent any issues where the Thing ID's are different.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote