Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

sincla

Old August 27th, 2014, 08:17 AM
What are they? How are they used and what are they good for? Missing documentation.

ShadowChemosh? AndrewD2?

Thanks in advance.
sincla is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old August 27th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Identity tags are at least explained in the Savage Worlds tutorial. If I'm remembering correctly you add identity tags to a component to to create a tag group that has a tag of each item in the component.

So if you added an identity to the Attribute component called AttrUsed it would create a tag out of every attribute that is part of the AttrUsed tag group.

I could be remembering wrong, someone will probably come by to correct me.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
sincla

Old August 27th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Ok I found it in the wiki, it's referred to as "Identity Target References" not "Identity Tag Group" which is why I wasn't finding it. And it's not just target references that make use of it but the identity element in components, from which page it is unfortunately not linked to.

http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index....get_References

"There are a number of target references across different contexts that make use of identity tags. For each of these target references, a tag group is specified, but no actual tag. This is because the script itself implicitly identifies the tag id based on the initial context of the script.
The source of the identity tag is dictated by the pick or thing that begins as the initial context, with the unique id of that object being used as the identity tag id. The group in which to locate that identity tag is specified with the target reference. If the resulting identity tag does not exist, a run-time error is reported.
The use of identity target references has an important limitation. The identity source is based on the initial script context, and only things and picks possess identity tags. Consequently, identity target references can only be used from within scripts whose initial context is either a thing or a pick. Use from any other script results in a compilation error."
sincla is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 28th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Just to add on a practical example is the Identity tag "HasFeat" used in Pathfinder/d20. So every BaseFeat component is set up with a Identity tag HasFeat that then is setup to go to the hero around Render timing. This tag can then be checked by other pre-req script to see if a character "Has as Specific Feat".

That is one way where a Identity tag comes in very handy.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
sincla

Old August 28th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Just to add on a practical example is the Identity tag "HasFeat" used in Pathfinder/d20. So every BaseFeat component is set up with a Identity tag HasFeat that then is setup to go to the hero around Render timing. This tag can then be checked by other pre-req script to see if a character "Has as Specific Feat".

That is one way where a Identity tag comes in very handy.
The HasFeat is the group id. When individual tags are made for all the different BaseFeats, I assume it's named after the BaseFeat id? For example if you had a BaseFeat "bfBrthWep" then the identity tag template would be HasFeat.bfBrthWep?
sincla is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 28th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincla View Post
The HasFeat is the group id. When individual tags are made for all the different BaseFeats, I assume it's named after the BaseFeat id? For example if you had a BaseFeat "bfBrthWep" then the identity tag template would be HasFeat.bfBrthWep?
Correct so if you have the dodge feat thing id fDodge you end up with HasFeat.fDodge.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote