Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dwayne

Old September 9th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Are you going to adjust the traits for the adventure path when the characters get mythic levels? Page 54 gives the details.
Dwayne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old September 14th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I guess if you ever are critical of LW you just don't get answers to questions.
Dwayne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 14th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I guess if you ever are critical of LW you just don't get answers to questions.
I seriously doubt that is it.

I suspect it is far more likely that they haven't noticed this thread as it is short on details. I wouldn't have noticed it except I caught the word "critical" and wanted to see what that was about.

Anyway, if page 54 details how something should work and it isn't working that way. Then the proper thing to do is report it as a bug. They do in fact want to know of all bugs so they can plan how to fix them. If you don't know how to report it, then go to the forums and there should be a thread titled "reporting issues" or something similar. Please report it.
risner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 14th, 2013, 07:40 PM
I myself have posted a few bugs. In some cases they showed me where I was wrong (ooops ), but in the cases that it was a genuine bug they have put forth effort to fix it or put it on the queue. Some things were easy fixes and put into the following update.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old September 16th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I think I am right. Any questions of mine are ignored by LW. They can't take criticism from paying customers. They seem mad about me bringing up how LW will not fix their past problems and they just keep putting out more material while ignoring past problems and creating more incomplete items. There are a lot of feats and traits that do nothing or are not implemented. I don't bother to report most of them anymore since they are never fixed. Some have been around over 3 years since the Advanced Players Guide. Why do you think LW wants to have bugs sent to them where no one can see them anymore? Their product is not free and costs quite a bit. For what they charge more things need to be fixed in a timely mannor.
Dwayne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Dwayne, I've posted this bug report on your behalf, and added this to our to-do list. Thank you for reporting it. I apologize that we had missed it while adding adventure path 73.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
JolarEQ

Old September 18th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Why do you think LW wants to have bugs sent to them where no one can see them anymore?
In my opinion, they want the bugs sent to them directly, through their page, as it makes it easier for them to track them, then have to hunt them down in the forums. It's easy to miss them if they just get posted in a thread, and if someone just casually mentions it, that makes it easier to miss.

Would a system where the currently reported bugs are shown be nice? Of course it would. People would be able to check to see if their bug has been reported before posting it, and it would cut down on the number of duplicates that the team gets. However, they don't have that in place at the moment, so this is the way they want to do it.

I highly doubt it's because you're critical of their product. I've dealt with Aaron a few times on some things, and Mathias to a lesser extent, and both of them are top notch, and they don't strike me as the type that would act like that. Other times when I've had to contact support, they've been very helpful and friendly. Lone Wolf is one of the better companies I've dealt with.

I think you're reading too much into what's happening, and taking a "poor me" outlook.
JolarEQ is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
risner

Old September 18th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JolarEQ View Post
I think you're reading too much into what's happening, and taking a "poor me" outlook.
I would second nearly everything you said with the exception that I've dealt with Mathias more than Aaron. I also would find it very out of character if they would behave as suggested. They both seem to genuinely want to help in every way they can.
risner is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 18th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Hey, sorry I haven't been around much on the forums this week. I'm on vacation until next Monday.

For my part, Dwayne, I don't hold your criticisms against you. While I believe we put out a good product, constructive criticism is vital to remind us that there is always room for improvement. And I don't recall you ever being unfair or impolite in your posts, so I am thankful for that.

Truth be told, I'd love to go back and overhaul old things, implement the missing stuff (like Spell Perfection, as you mentioned in the other thread), and overall bug smash. I know you're tired of hearing it, but again "there just aren't enough hours in my day".

One thing I can promise you is that I am working on several improvements for the Bestiary 4 release in October. For example, here are 3 things I am working on for that (none of them are finalized, but they are working pretty well):

1 - I've got attack bonus breakdowns in (so you can see what types of bonuses go into the attack bonus and better use situationals). This functions like the AC breakdown (hover the cursor over the number to see the breakdown).
2 - I've made typed bonuses to attack and damage granular and ensured they stack correctly. That is, one thing can now apply a +1 Morale bonus to a dagger, and another can apply a +3 morale bonus to melee attack for that dagger, resulting in +1 to damage, and +3 to melee attack (but not ranged attack). Since damage bonuses can now be applied to only Ranged or only Melee damage, I had to make a second damage field and all the logic having to do with that. Needless to say, this was a bear to implement (mostly because I tried not to break anything already existing).
3 - Special abilities can now show on the weapons tab, complete with attack bonuses and damages.

I hope that convinces you that I'm not intentionally ignoring anyone, just busy. And I agree about Spell Perfection being long overdue. I'll try to get to that after Bestiary 4 is done.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 18th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
1 - I've got attack bonus breakdowns in (so you can see what types of bonuses go into the attack bonus and better use situationals). This functions like the AC breakdown (hover the cursor over the number to see the breakdown).
2 - I've made typed bonuses to attack and damage granular and ensured they stack correctly. That is, one thing can now apply a +1 Morale bonus to a dagger, and another can apply a +3 morale bonus to melee attack for that dagger, resulting in +1 to damage, and +3 to melee attack (but not ranged attack). Since damage bonuses can now be applied to only Ranged or only Melee damage, I had to make a second damage field and all the logic having to do with that. Needless to say, this was a bear to implement (mostly because I tried not to break anything already existing).
3 - Special abilities can now show on the weapons tab, complete with attack bonuses and damages.
Nice!!!!!! Oh I can do some good stuff with these new features...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote