Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lortondm

Old February 7th, 2015, 02:53 PM
(1) In trying to fix errors with Hero Lab related to new package installs, I came across this thread. There's a link on it that says you can click there to install the Community Bestiary. But when I click on it I get an error that says that Gator hosting can't find the file.

I found it in the directory structure on the web inside the archived files but I think the link to what's in your archives is broken. So I know how to get to the community bestiary but you might want to fix the link for those who want to find it.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...=202567&page=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarius View Post
Hello!

Mac user here. The Community Bestiary Pack was throwing the duplicate error as mentioned in the first post, so I followed the instructions given with the hotfix. Now Hero Lab crashes just a few seconds after it tries to load Pathfinder.

The forum won't allow me to post the Crash Report (The text that you have entered is too long (49409 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.); what would you like me to do?
If Hero Lab is crashing that is beyond anything I can help with as that is different than the Pathfinder game system. The above installs a "single" user file is all. I can't see how it would have any affect on the Hero Lab software itself.

Your first step is to send in the crash report information to LW support.

You could try and install the old CB files again if you wish. The file is located HERE.

The hot fix over writes a single file "PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user" with a new version that removes the "Protection From Energy" adjustment. So if installing 2.25 allows HL to start again then you can open the file "PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user" using the Editor and delete the "Protection From Energy" adjustment manually.

If that works then we have a major issue as the new version I will be releasing Sunday will have the modified version of "PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user" and it has NO reason that I know for causing HL to crash.

(2) Here are the files I have loaded in third-party add-ons at the moment:

Pathfinder GM Pack v3.1
Pathfinder Campaign Pack v3.4
Forgotten Realms Package v1.10
The Modern Path v4.1
Jeff Game v6.0 (my homebrew stuff)
Pathfinder 3PP Pack v1.3
Pathfinder Basic Pack v3.5

Things seem to be working perfectly. And that leads to my question:

(3) Is there a way I can also install the Community Bestiary 2.25 (which as I noted I have downloaded) as well? If so, do I have to remove any of the third-party add ons above to make that function error free?

Thanks
lortondm is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 7th, 2015, 11:14 PM
The community bestiary is gone. It was replaced with the Pathfinder GM Pack which you installed. So you have the latest version already. So you are good to go.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old February 8th, 2015, 06:06 AM
Got it. Thanks much!
lortondm is offline   #3 Reply With Quote