Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 16th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lortondm View Post
Thanks. Re one of your suggestions, one problem, right, is that some things can't be copied because they're made un-copyable? That's a really annoying thing done with the official files. I wish that was removed. I guess that's done to create an incentive to buy the files, but I buy them anyway. It's just that the utility of the new material goes down if I can link to stuff when I create my own things.
This is done to prevent very easy pirating of material. If I could easily copy everything down then I could remake a whole book into a .user file in very short time. Then distribute that to all my players.

But you can copy everything you need you just have to do it piece by piece. You do know you can still bootstrap anything from any package you own right? You don't have to make a copy of it before using it. You only need to copy or re-create something if you plan to totally change how it works.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old October 11th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
This is done to prevent very easy pirating of material. If I could easily copy everything down then I could remake a whole book into a .user file in very short time. Then distribute that to all my players.

But you can copy everything you need you just have to do it piece by piece. You do know you can still bootstrap anything from any package you own right? You don't have to make a copy of it before using it. You only need to copy or re-create something if you plan to totally change how it works.
Thanks for the summer help. I don't know how to bootstrap things or what bootstrapping really means. Is there a tutorial available to do that?
lortondm is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old October 11th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Also, after the latest set of updates (which is what caused me to look back at these messages) I got an error in the DarkSun user file (without even having that loaded as a third-party update on my desktop -- to be clear I experienced this issue not on my iPad but on my desktop this time). The error I got was a duplicate file for the feat Concentrated Fire -- fConcFire. I used textpad to change the name of the feat to fConcFire2. That eliminated the duplicate error and let my user files be loaded as normal but wanted to alert you guys to that problem and to inquire whether using textpad to change the name of that feat to Concentrated Fire 2. And now, with the Dark Sun package loaded I can go to one of the characters in a portfolio and turn on Dark Sun in the configure thing and then I see two feats -- Concentrated Fire from Inner Sea Races and Concentrated Fire 2 from Dark Sun. So seems to have worked. But just wanted to set this out for others who might have experienced the problem.
lortondm is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 11th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the summer help. I don't know how to bootstrap things or what bootstrapping really means. Is there a tutorial available to do that?
If you look at my signature it has "help" stuff available. FAQ#2 has all the places including official an unofficial video tutorials.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 11th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Also, after the latest set of updates (which is what caused me to look back at these messages) I got an error in the DarkSun user file (without even having that loaded as a third-party update on my desktop -- to be clear I experienced this issue not on my iPad but on my desktop this time). The error I got was a duplicate file for the feat Concentrated Fire -- fConcFire. I used textpad to change the name of the feat to fConcFire2. That eliminated the duplicate error and let my user files be loaded as normal but wanted to alert you guys to that problem and to inquire whether using textpad to change the name of that feat to Concentrated Fire 2. And now, with the Dark Sun package loaded I can go to one of the characters in a portfolio and turn on Dark Sun in the configure thing and then I see two feats -- Concentrated Fire from Inner Sea Races and Concentrated Fire 2 from Dark Sun. So seems to have worked. But just wanted to set this out for others who might have experienced the problem.
Turning on a "source" ie Dark Sun does not activate the addon. Having the .user file in the data\pathfinder folder turns it on. So yes if the Unique ID clashes with an official ID HL falls into Safe Mode (ie no .user files are loaded) so that you can fix the issue.

Textpad can be used but you could have just used the editor to open the file and change the unique ID. The files are still in your data\pathfinder folder they just don't load in safe mode.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
ProphetPX

Send a message via Skype™ to ProphetPX

Old November 14th, 2015, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Turning on a "source" ie Dark Sun does not activate the addon. Having the .user file in the data\pathfinder folder turns it on. So yes if the Unique ID clashes with an official ID HL falls into Safe Mode (ie no .user files are loaded) so that you can fix the issue.

Textpad can be used but you could have just used the editor to open the file and change the unique ID. The files are still in your data\pathfinder folder they just don't load in safe mode.
I, TOO, just now encountered the error with fConcFire after adding the Dark Sun Campaign setting package files... just 1 error:

File: Dark Sun Campaign Setting.user (line 852) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('fConcFire')

So i did as the other guy did (before i even read this forum post thread) and changed it in Campaign Settings HL file, via the HL editor to fConcFire2

SAVED, SAVED, then reloaded HL.

This next time, THAT error went away but then i got like 9 new ones!?

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'fMyBlindFi' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMChDestro' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMAlFarwal' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMChAlwCha' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMalExtPow' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMalSight' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'sMalSight' does not exist
Thing 'rCBOMXIVBu' - Bootstrap thing 'fMySprAtta' does not exist
Thing 'rCBOMXIVBu' - Bootstrap thing 'fMyExMyPow' does not exist

What could be causing this?
And how do i fix it? Just remove the Dark Sun packages or what do i do about these new bootstrap issues?
ProphetPX is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
ProphetPX

Send a message via Skype™ to ProphetPX

Old November 14th, 2015, 06:54 AM
oops apparently my reply posted twice. Edited this one to save space.
How do i delete my own replies?
ProphetPX is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 14th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetPX View Post
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'fMyBlindFi' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMChDestro' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMAlFarwal' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMChAlwCha' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMalExtPow' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMalSight' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'sMalSight' does not exist
Thing 'rCBOMXIVBu' - Bootstrap thing 'fMySprAtta' does not exist
Thing 'rCBOMXIVBu' - Bootstrap thing 'fMyExMyPow' does not exist

What could be causing this?
And how do i fix it? Just remove the Dark Sun packages or what do i do about these new bootstrap issues?
This means you installed the GM Mythic Pack from the community without owning the official Mythic Adventures License. Past the "Basic Pack" the different Packs require official licenses to RUN. This is listed on THIS Post and is listed when installing the Pack.

Uninstall the GM Mythic Pack or purchase the Mythic Adventures license. See FAQ#1 for how to remove.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #28 Reply With Quote