Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

frumple

Old May 28th, 2014, 07:17 AM
I have a template that allows a creature to absorb another creature's abilities.

I want to implement this in a configurable as follows

Primary : list of all base races
Secondary: abilities of races selected in Primary
Tertiary: custom abilities for things that do not fall in the above (user text box)

Is there a tag expression I can use in crfAllow1 that will build the list of all races? (setting field[cfgAllow1].text = "component.BaseRaces" doe snot work. I am guessing because I need to apply it to all things.

Another idea I has is have a single Racial Cust Special with a dropdown that selects from All Things and filters on component.BaseRace

This does work (so far), but I wanted to know if there was a way to just have a list of races in the configurable?
frumple is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 28th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Only picks with the component.Ability component tag can be added to table 1-7 of a configurable, so no races, sorry. Try the Racial Cust Special workaround and tell me how it goes.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old May 28th, 2014, 08:17 AM
The Racial Cust Special works in selecting the race. Now my challenge is populating the Secondary with all the abilities from that race.
frumple is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 28th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Is this perchance a new crack at doing wild shape forms? Because I have considered doing something similar to what you are attempting for those.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 28th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Is this perchance a new crack at doing wild shape forms? Because I have considered doing something similar to what you are attempting for those.
I have an approach for a Beast Shape adjustment that I have about 80% done. But it goes a slightly different way as pulling the information from a race was not working out well. So I made a new Editor Tab that allows a very quick easy setup for a Beast Shape creature. Besides after awhile you learn that basically from the point of view of "Beast Shape" that a tiger, lion, cheetah are all the same thing. You don't need "every" bear or cat just a basic one will do saying your a black bear vs brown bear is mechanically the same thing.

I had assumed that Polymorph stuff was still a long while off so making something that worked 98% of the time would be a good thing. If your "soon" to have a mechanic built for Polymorph than I should stop my work. If its still a half-year or more away then I will continue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old May 28th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Not quite, is for one of the new templates in the upcoming updated Advanced Bestiary (I am doing the HL conversion for Green Ronin as paid work. I cannot get more specific about the templates in public due to NDAs.). There are a few in the book that take abilities from other races, but this one seemed the easiest to start with.

In any case I have gotten it so the user can select directly bootstrapped abilities, but I cannot get it to list spell-like abilities, or abilities granted by type or subtypes. I think the issue is that I cannot change context with a string expression. What I woudn't give for a childstr[string] or thingstr[string] statement. :/

Additionally I want to tag each of the secondary abilities with a SpecSource tag of which race it came from. That way I can easily pull tags and copy field values.

In any case this is what I have so far.

Code:
~ set secondary abilities in configurable

doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

var secThing as string
var subThing as string

~ go through bootstraps of chosen race
foreach bootstrap in field[usrChosen1].chosen where "!(HasFeat.? | ArmAbilTyp.?)"
  secThing = splice(secThing,eachthing.tagids[thingid.?]," | ")

~ now go through things that were bootstrapped by any bootstraps
  foreach bootstrap in eachthing where "!(HasFeat.? | ArmAbilTyp.?)"
    subThing = splice(subThing,eachthing.tagids[thingid.?]," | ")
  nexteach
  secThing = splice(secThing,subThing," | ")
nexteach

~ assign list
hero.child[cfgGRConsu].field[cfgAllow2].text = secThing

Last edited by frumple; May 28th, 2014 at 10:52 AM.
frumple is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 28th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I have an approach for a Beast Shape adjustment that I have about 80% done. But it goes a slightly different way as pulling the information from a race was not working out well. So I made a new Editor Tab that allows a very quick easy setup for a Beast Shape creature. Besides after awhile you learn that basically from the point of view of "Beast Shape" that a tiger, lion, cheetah are all the same thing. You don't need "every" bear or cat just a basic one will do saying your a black bear vs brown bear is mechanically the same thing.

I had assumed that Polymorph stuff was still a long while off so making something that worked 98% of the time would be a good thing. If your "soon" to have a mechanic built for Polymorph than I should stop my work. If its still a half-year or more away then I will continue.
Nah, please continue. The idea hasn't gone beyond "Idle Speculation" stage in any case. And I am sure other folks like Mathias have their own idea. We aren't close to releaseing our own thing.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 28th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Nah, please continue. The idea hasn't gone beyond "Idle Speculation" stage in any case. And I am sure other folks like Mathias have their own idea. We aren't close to releaseing our own thing.
Cool thanks for the info.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote