Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOlsen View Post
Shuriken don't seem to be adding in the strength bonus. They are thrown weapons (albeit with some properties of ammo). However in terms of damage, they fall on the side of being thrown weapons.

Page 141, left column, under Thrown weapons lists them and verifies that Strength Bonus applies.

Unless this has been errata'd. I'm betting it hasn't, but you never know.

Edit: Actually I'm not quite sure what is happening with this. I have a monk with a +2 Strength modifier who in (HeroLabs) is getting 1d2+1. So HeroLabs is giving him some kind of damage bonus, but not the full one. I can't follow why not.
Do you have them equipped in your off-hand? That would halve the strength modifier like any off-hand weapon.

I added shuriken to a blank character and adjusted the STR, and the damage changed with the STR mod.
Mathias is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOlsen View Post
This will probably be a small headache for Mathias. My regrets in advance.

Animal companions appear to be retaining their racial modifiers based upon an equivelent animal in the Bestiary. For example: if a 1st level Druid takes a lion animal companion, that animal companion (in HeroLabs) is receiving +4 in acrobatics and +4 conditional modifier for stealth in undergrowth.

This is a no no. Animal Companions do not receive racial modifiers like their Bestiary analogs.

Here is the documented answer from Paizo Creative Director James Jacobs (just to verify)

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...hThis&page=1#8

And copied here:
This has been previously reported, but I haven't had time to address it yet.
Mathias is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
Something that I noticed - and am not sure if its being recorded correctly - if you are using a military saddle - how do I know if that goes on the gear of the animal or if it goes on the gear of the PC? I really like the little hammer icon that tells me that I"m using a tool - and would like to see this too for ride skill.
This sort of thing is on my to-do list, but has not been implemented yet.
Mathias is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaum View Post
If you create a magic wand by scrolling down the list until you find said wand and add it to your character the wand doesn’t show the edit symbol by it (hammer and wrench) in the magic tab, the item also show up in the in-play tab right away where you can make adjustments to charges there but they don’t affect resale value. If you create a custom wand the edit symbol appears in the magic tab and it doesn’t show up in the in play tab until equipped. It would also be nice if the in play tab was synced to the edit tool to automatically adjust cost of wand for how many charges are left.
PS. Hero Lab is awesome and thanks.
The in-play tab's uses do not change the total uses of the item because it's easy to overshoot the mark when using more than one charge (wands can't use more than one, but other items that look the same on the in-play tab can), or even from a stray mis-click. You shouldn't have to edit the item to fix a mistake.

Wands aren't set up to be adjustable once created, because there aren't any game rules for altering a wand short of esentially re-creating it (and getting the old price as a discount on the new item). Recharging is handled on the in-play tab, simply by undoing the charges used.
Mathias is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
When Inputing in to Adventures Journal a new journal entry starts at the top of the list and list go from the newest to the oldest, when inputing into the Prestige Award journal a new entry starts at the bottom of the list and the list goes from the oldest to the newest.

That is annoying as all hell *Never mind that they where separated in the first place is annoying*, please have them both new entries start on the top of thier lists and go from the newest to the oldest.
I've put this on my to-do list, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
"Melee Touch Attack"(thingid.wTouchFine) is not tagged with "wCategory.Melee". Think it should as it is a melee type of attack.
What context are you referencing this in?
Mathias is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwarden View Post
Weapon proficiency feats are being removed and shouldn't be.
Bestiary pg. 289: "A Zombie loses all feats possessed by the base creature, and does not gain feats as its Hit Dice increase, but it does gain Toughness as a bonus feat."

There's no exception given there for weapon proficiencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwarden View Post
All feats are being printed in the feats section of the statblock output, making it confusing.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 15th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
"Melee Touch Attack"(thingid.wTouchFine) is not tagged with "wCategory.Melee". Think it should as it is a melee type of attack.

What context are you referencing this in?
I noticed when I was doing Challenge Evil buff that the Melee Touch attack does not get the bonus. The ranged buff Bomber's Eye did correctly change Ranged Touch Attack as it is marked as a Ranged weapon. I am thinking that a Melee Touch attack is a melee weapon and should get any bonuses that other melee weapons get.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; November 15th, 2010 at 11:19 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkmage View Post
I beleive the multiattack feat is not properly being attributed to the secondary attacks on an Eidolon. The bonus feat is gained at summoner lv 10. It shows as a special ability but the secondary attacks are still -5 not -2.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkmage View Post
When adding reach to an Eidolon evolution attack it does not print out on the Char sheet.
Abilities like reach, grab, poison, extra energy damage, etc. are not currently linked to their natural attacks. This is on my to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #130 Reply With Quote