Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dragnmoon

Old August 29th, 2012, 09:01 PM
So I have some feedback on the Pathfinder/PFS standard sheet

Some of this I gave to Armidale with his sheet.

Page 1
  • Has way too much white space, you need some spacing between the different items and the font used for Skills/Weapons/Languages and Character Info are way too small, also some of the Boxes can be larger.
  • The Following section s are not using the correct bordering CMB/CMD/Waepon, you are using the correct bordering on BAB and Skills
  • I would suggest adding an option to add blank Weapon blocks so players can pencil weapons in the get during the play session, this will also use up space.
  • Languages are not on a Line, but that is just me being picky
  • The PFS Logo you are using is too small and is poor quality, it is slightly blurred.
  • Saving Throw Temp Modifiers should be one Box, but I actually like what you did better.
  • You are missing a Modifiers Box next to CMB/ This will cover Misc Modifiers that are not being shown, instead you can add a Misc Mod Box to both CMD and CMB.
  • DR is not showing
  • Swim and Climb speed is not showing (Don't know if it is the same for fly and burrow)
  • The +3 bonus for class skill should go into Misc Mod.
  • Your Margins are off, it is set to the left which is cutting a little bit off and is not centered, also the left/Right and Top/Bottom Margins need to be greater

Page 2
  • font size used for the input is too small
  • The Following section s are not using the correct bordering AC Items/Experience points and fame, you are using the correct bordering on Gear/Feats/Special Abilities and spells
  • Totals under AC Items and Total Weight under Gear are too much to the right, you could use some space there.
  • Totals are not showing on AC items
  • Under fame the line between Total Fame and Current Prestige should be a forward slash
  • Spell Section is not separating Spells per Day and Bonus Spells, the full number is going under Spells per day.
  • Spell section should be optional for classes that do not have spells, that is just a preference not something to match the standard
  • Your Margins are off, it is set to the left which is cutting a little bit off and is not centered, also the left/Right and Top/Bottom Margins need to be greater
  • I like how you are showing the normal Spell Save DC and Adjust Spell Save DC for Spell Focus
  • Tracking Boxes for Limited use Items and Special Abilities would be very useful
  • It does not point out when there is more then 1 item in a stack.
  • If you have more items then you have space for in you gear section, it cuts off the extra items, all items beyond the space available should go to a special 3rd page just for items.

Background Details/Traits/Special Abilities/Features/Feats/Magic Items
  • font size used for the input is too small
  • Should add Character Portrait to Background Detail Area
Spells
  • Spells are cutting off at the end of a page, they should move to the next page so the full Spell is all on one page.

I will give more feedback as I find them
Dragnmoon is offline   #111 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 30th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
... good stuff...
Thanks for the detailed feedback Dragnmoon.

With regard to the page margins and centering... that behavior is very dependent on your browser. You'll almost certainly have to use your browser's "page setup" to adjust that.
AncientOne is offline   #112 Reply With Quote
dballing

Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:53 AM
First: as a newcomer to HL, thanks for an awesome-looking output sheet.

Now, my request... I've got half-orc character with an Orc Double-Axe.

in HL, I've got it configured as "2H" and "Double Weapon".

In my ideal world, this weapon would appear on my character sheet twice, once for if I'm wielding it as a 2H-single-weapon, and once as a 2H-Double-Weapon (maybe against a one opponent I'm willing to take the TH penalty to get two swings, and against another I'd rather have the greatest chance of hitting by only using one of the blades on the weapon).

I realize this MIGHT be a Hero Labs FREQ instead of something for the output sheet, but I figured I'd at least start the discussion and see what direction it went. :-)
dballing is offline   #113 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old September 5th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Woot! Awesome turnaround time on the font thing. Thanks for indulging a picky gamer, and way quick too. You rule.
Ambush is offline   #114 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old September 5th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dballing View Post
Now, my request... I've got half-orc character with an Orc Double-Axe.

in HL, I've got it configured as "2H" and "Double Weapon".

In my ideal world, this weapon would appear on my character sheet twice, once for if I'm wielding it as a 2H-single-weapon, and once as a 2H-Double-Weapon (maybe against a one opponent I'm willing to take the TH penalty to get two swings, and against another I'd rather have the greatest chance of hitting by only using one of the blades on the weapon).
This isn't exactly what you're asking for but, as a work-around... what if you don't equip the double axe in Hero Lab at all (and also don't click the 'Dbl' option), and then go into the Configure Hero window and select the "Always Print 2-Weapon Attacks" option? (You could also override that option on the sheet Control Panel, but then you'd have to do it every time you export the sheet.)

This would leave you in the position of still having to do the math on the fly, but at least all of the information would be on the sheet to do it with.
AncientOne is offline   #115 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old September 5th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
Woot! Awesome turnaround time on the font thing. Thanks for indulging a picky gamer, and way quick too. You rule.
Thanks Ambush!
AncientOne is offline   #116 Reply With Quote
dballing

Old September 5th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
This isn't exactly what you're asking for but, as a work-around... what if you don't equip the double axe in Hero Lab at all (and also don't click the 'Dbl' option), and then go into the Configure Hero window and select the "Always Print 2-Weapon Attacks" option? (You could also override that option on the sheet Control Panel, but then you'd have to do it every time you export the sheet.)

This would leave you in the position of still having to do the math on the fly, but at least all of the information would be on the sheet to do it with.
But it's not a "2-weapon" attack. It's a "Double Weapon" (the weapon itself has two blades which can be used as part of a single attack form).
dballing is offline   #117 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post

The other idea I do for my GF is add the same weapon TWICE to your character and configure it differently. Then set the extra weapons to the Ground container so it does not count against your weight.

This also works out well for things like Favored Enemy bonuses. If you use a "Custom" magic weapon you can even set the Name to be "Greatsword vs Undead" or such.

Just another idea on how to get info like this to display.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #118 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 5th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dballing View Post
But it's not a "2-weapon" attack. It's a "Double Weapon" (the weapon itself has two blades which can be used as part of a single attack form).
Umm no a Double Weapon works exactly the same as if you had a Longsword/shortsword combo. So if you move you get a single attack only and only during a Full-Round action can you get to Two-Weapon Fighting.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 5th, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #119 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old September 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM
What ShadowChemosh said...

Just to be sure, I checked the Core Rulebook. Here's the relevant text:

Double Weapons: ...orc double axes... are double weapons. A character can fight with both ends of a double weapon as if fighting with two weapons, but he incurs all the normal attack penalties associated with two-weapon combat, just as though the character were wielding a one-handed weapon and a light weapon (see page 202).
The character can also choose to use a double weapon two-handed, attacking with only one end of it. A creature wielding a double weapon in one hand can’t use it as a double weapon—only one end of the weapon can be used in any given round.
AncientOne is offline   #120 Reply With Quote