Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kunger00

Old May 25th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Mathias,

With the Bestiary having come out, HL changed slightly the way natural weapons work, correct? Now, when creating a race, you just click on the natural weapons button in the editor, select what type of attack it is (i.e. slam) and how much damage it does (i.e. 1d6) and how many of them the race gets. (Btw, this new way of doing races is awesome!)

What happened to the Helper.NatPrime tag requirement for natural weapons?

I ask because I'm trying to figure out how to make a 3 armed monster that has 2 primary arms w/ slam attacks at 1d6 and a non-primary 3rd arm with a claw attack at 1d8.

I can get it to list the 3 attacks but they are all calculating as primary attacks (meaning that I can't get the claw attack to have the proper -5 to hit since it isn't a primary attack, etc).

Natural weapons used to default to secondary unless it had the helper.natprimary tag and now they seem to default to natural primary?

I know I'm doing something wrong... I just know what it is.
kunger00 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 25th, 2010, 07:41 AM
The posts Natural Attacks and Primary Attack covers your question actually.

To sum up the old tags still work and now their is a new one(NatOverSec). Here is a quick break down from my understanding and testing of the tags in HL.
  • Helper.NatPrimary - Forces a natural attack to be primary(ie no -5 to hit)
  • Helper.NatTwoHand - Makes the natural attack gain 1.5x Str damage instead of 1x.
  • Helper.NatOverSec - Forces a natural attack to be secondary(ie -5 to hit and .5x Str damage)

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 25th, 2010, 09:33 AM
In the Bestiary, pg. 302 is table 3-1, which has the default Primary/Secondary settings for natural attacks. It seems like natural weapons now default to primary because the majority of the things on that list default to primary.

In terms of what's happening in Hero Lab, Helper.NatPrimary is now assigned to those weapons in their definition, so in 90% of the cases, the user doesn't need to assign it again. ShadowChemosh has already given you the tags that can be used to modify that, for those 10% that are exceptions.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old May 25th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Thank you!
kunger00 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote