Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

stargazer_dragon

Old May 29th, 2014, 06:09 PM
thx was exactly what I was looking for
stargazer_dragon is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old May 29th, 2014, 08:22 PM
There are 32 Gods that are listed under the other section and seam to have no category.

Is there a Other category that can somehow be hidden to hide these last 32 gods?
stargazer_dragon is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 29th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer_dragon View Post
There are 32 Gods that are listed under the other section and seam to have no category.

Is there a Other category that can somehow be hidden to hide these last 32 gods?
Just wondering if you have watched the Four Intro videos to the Editor? The third one covers how to find tags/fields.

In this case add one of these "other gods". Then go "Develop->Floating Info Windows->Show Selection Tags". In the new list find the god you added to your hero and check mark it and press "ok". Do you see any "tags" in the new window that would be what your looking for?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old May 29th, 2014, 10:14 PM
that worked, and no haven't watched the videos but will make that my new homework for tomorrow. Thus far I have browsed the forums a lot, checked out a few different websites that didn't help much and learned it via trial and error very slowly. Thx for the video links wasn't even aware of there existence.

>>>>
Edit -- So just as a FYI those last 32 gods simply don't have a CAT to remove, thus they all have to be manually entered in. There also a few here and there,Half Eberon gods, some cult of the ebon destroyer, tomb of horror, CB tomb of horror, CB way of the wicked, faith of eberon, book of the dammed 3 Legacy of fire. That covers most.

Really most are Eberon source books, which I think it one of the 3rd party books. Originally I was going to just change the eberon gods to use a Cat however soon as I updated it would over right these again.

The exact gods that have no cat tag are

deiAhriman
deiArawai
deiAureon
deiBalinor
deiBloodVl
deiBoldrei
deiCultDrg
deiDevoure
deiDolArah
deiDolDorn
deiFury
deiKeeper
deiKolKorn
deiMockery
deiOlladra
deiOnatar
deiPathLif
deiShadow
deiSilvFla
deiTravele
deiUndying
deiDhalave
deiFGFrazU
deiuHassit
deiFGHassi
deiWoWMit1
deiWoWMit2
deiWoWMit3
deiKPStHel
deiKPStPir
deiFGGrtOa
deiuAhrima

Case anyone cares

Last edited by stargazer_dragon; May 30th, 2014 at 07:25 AM. Reason: update
stargazer_dragon is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old May 30th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I thought the whole point of

HideDeity and HideDeiCa

was they they where supposed to be able to be used without breaking the mod.

I made a mod that used those t hide all the gods so I could add my own and not have a monster list to sort threw. I then swapped to my second licence (I have 1 with all the books and 1 with only the books my players have so I can more readily made the mod without breaking things)

Loading with the secondary license breaks the mod as some of the things referred to with HideDeity and HideDeiCa are no longer present.

I think this is pretty much just the HideDeity stuff not sure there was a page full of errors

>>>
Edit - ok so actually it looks like they are the HideDeity ones that are not currently assigned to a category that are causing a error

Rereading the update post it mentions

HideDeity can do the same, though you may have to use tagassignstr in order to generate the tag for a deity in an unowned package.

Could someone post a example of the eval script code that might do this? really just the last 32 gods most of which are from eberon so I might be able to simply exclude that file for now or make the changes manually and then not update that file. But would be great if I could learn the way to use the hideDeity code to hide gods that players may not have the data pack for.

Last edited by stargazer_dragon; May 30th, 2014 at 02:11 PM.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 30th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I did fix the Eberron gods already to have A) category and B) a new option to disable all Non-Eberron gods. I have not released this to the community yet.

In that case what I did was Foreach loop through all the Deity Things and simply forwarded the new tag onto the hero. This way I only hide the gods that are not Eberron and don't care what gods a person actually has. Plus as I only generate the tag for a deity that exists it won't break if a new person suddenly does not have a specific package.

I will try and put a to-do not to add a Category to any gods added in the CB and stuff. Really should not be any except for the Way of the Wicked AP. When I get home i can post the Eberron script. You can them mimic the code for your games to disable all except the ones with a specific category.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old May 30th, 2014, 04:03 PM
You rock.

Along the same lines is it possible to do a for each for code disabled all things in other non god categories if it don't have a specific source or tag of some sort? Or is this all just possible because of the new code for the gods?
stargazer_dragon is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 30th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Quote:
You rock.

Along the same lines is it possible to do a for each for code disabled all things in other non god categories if it don't have a specific source or tag of some sort? Or is this all just possible because of the new code for the gods?
This currently only works with this new Hide God tag they added.

The below code is actually running on a "Simple" thing that is bootstrapped to the Eberron Mechanic. This way I can easily associate the Simple thing to its own Source ID. So only if the new "Hide Non-Eberron Deities" is checked marked will the script run.

First/10000
Code:
~ Find all non-Eberron deities
foreach thing in Deity where "!DeityCat.S2Eberron & !thingid.deiAtheist & !thingid.deiOther"

~ If no deity category then pull the thingid
  If (eachthing.tagcount[DeityCat.?] = 0) Then
    perform eachthing.pulltags[thingid.?,HideDeity]
  ~ If we have a category then pull the cateogry only
  ~ if we have not already pulled it.
  Else
    If (eachthing.intersect[DeityCat,DeityCat] = 0) then
      perform eachthing.pulltags[DeityCat.?]
    Endif
  Endif  
nexteach

~ Create Hide Deity Catagory tags
perform pulltags[DeityCat.?,HideDeiCat]
~ Push the hide deity tags to the hero
perform hero.pushtags[HideDeiCat.?]
perform hero.pushtags[HideDeity.?]

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 30th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Quote:
>>>
Edit - ok so actually it looks like they are the HideDeity ones that are not currently assigned to a category that are causing a error

Rereading the update post it mentions

HideDeity can do the same, though you may have to use tagassignstr in order to generate the tag for a deity in an unowned package.

Could someone post a example of the eval script code that might do this? really just the last 32 gods most of which are from eberon so I might be able to simply exclude that file for now or make the changes manually and then not update that file. But would be great if I could learn the way to use the hideDeity code to hide gods that players may not have the data pack for.
Upon testing further, it seems I was ascribing powers to assignstr which it did not have. I'd thought it would define the tag if the system hadn't created it already. Using pulltags/pushtags is very clever ShadowChemosh, well done!

Here is what I have in my own homebrew mechanic:

First 10000
Code:
      ~ Hide Golarion Deities and most good worship options like Empyreal Lords.
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.CoreGolari]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.OthGolari]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.KPCrossrd]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.KPDarkGods]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.KPDragEmp]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.KPSouthGod]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.KPCityGods]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.Pantheon]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.Eldest]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.Elemental]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.Empyreal]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.Giant]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.Elf]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.OldOnes]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.Halfling]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.Dwarf]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.Gnome]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.Goblin]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.Orc]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.RiverKing]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.TianXia]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.ShoantiQua]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.FalseGod]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.Forgotten]
      perform assign[HideDeiCat.DeadGod]

~ Now get any deities with no category tags, and specifically exclude them.
      var searchexpr as string
      searchexpr = "!DeityCat.? & !thingid.deiAtheist & !thingid.deiOther"

foreach thing in Deity where searchexpr
        perform eachthing.pulltags[thingid.?,HideDeity]
        nexteach

perform forward[HideDeiCat.?]
      perform forward[HideDeity.?]
Aaron is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old May 30th, 2014, 07:10 PM
is there a way to convince HL that you don't have a Data pack that you have in order to be able to check source material. I know my mod was referencing race builder powers. Should I just rebuild all of the powers so this is never a issue?
stargazer_dragon is offline   #40 Reply With Quote