Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pooptickler

Old November 26th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Good evening everyone. Hope you're having a good night.

Now, I'm making a Mounted Fury build with a Beast Totem (L, G) along with Ferocious Mount (G) on my mount. Problem is, the mount doesn't take on my aspects of rage.

What do?
Pooptickler is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 27th, 2015, 09:48 AM
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources is a sticky thread at top of Forum where you request official support for issues. A bug is ANYTHING you think is not working correctly. Weather you know for a fact or are just wondering if it is wrong. Report it using the above links to get an official response from Lone Wolf.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old November 27th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Be sure that in the on-play tab the following options are checked:
Ferocious mount
Rage

Then in the Condition tab make sure you check marked:
mounted and select the correct mount

Now when you go to the mount there is a new tab: Ferocious mount
In this tab be sure to select the same rage powers as your official character has.

(Some of the abilities won't work, such as the natural armor (+3 as example) seeing most mounts already have a natural armor bonus of +3 or more) So be certain to check everything just in case.
Also don't forget that the claws ability doesn't mention growing limbs for it. Meaning the mount has their own hooves becoming claws (and you your hands. Meaning you dont wield a 2 handed weapon and get 2 claw attacks). Seeing claws and hooves have the same damage values there is no need for replacing them. (that said if you don't have hooves or weaker attacks on your legs they should be replaced)

So I guess the only thing that you might be missing is the part from the greater totem? If that is the case follow Shadows post response for that one.

Last edited by Togainu; November 27th, 2015 at 02:40 PM.
Togainu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old December 21st, 2015, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
Be sure that in the on-play tab the following options are checked:
Ferocious mount
Rage

Then in the Condition tab make sure you check marked:
mounted and select the correct mount

Now when you go to the mount there is a new tab: Ferocious mount
In this tab be sure to select the same rage powers as your official character has.

(Some of the abilities won't work, such as the natural armor (+3 as example) seeing most mounts already have a natural armor bonus of +3 or more) So be certain to check everything just in case.
Also don't forget that the claws ability doesn't mention growing limbs for it. Meaning the mount has their own hooves becoming claws (and you your hands. Meaning you dont wield a 2 handed weapon and get 2 claw attacks). Seeing claws and hooves have the same damage values there is no need for replacing them. (that said if you don't have hooves or weaker attacks on your legs they should be replaced)

So I guess the only thing that you might be missing is the part from the greater totem? If that is the case follow Shadows post response for that one.
Oh, I've had all the necessary tabs selected, but none of the Barbarian powers transferred to my Mammoth mount (Ferocious Mount/Mammoth Rider), ie. Strength and Constitution boost, Superstition, etc.

Does it work for you if you do it?
Pooptickler is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old December 21st, 2015, 10:06 PM
STR, Con and superstition show up just fine for me when doing so. Hell superstition even stays on there when I ain't raging under the special tab. It will say "requirements not met" under the Ferocious mount tab under the mount though.

I added my portfolio from the test I did.

Under in play if you don't have "Raging" and "share rage with mount" the mount will have the following stats (same is true if you only tick raging):
STR: 35, DEX: 16, CON: 23, INT: 2; WIS: 12, CHA: 6
and under ferocious mount the rage power: superstition says requirement not met. But still shows under the special tab (this last bit might have to be reported cause it isn't active at that point)

When both "raging" and "share rage with mount" is selected the stats become:
STR: 37, DEX: 16, CON: 27; INT: 2; WIS: 12, CHA: 6
And with that under the ferocious mount the rage power: superstition says the actual bonus text.

As for only seeing a STR increase of 2. This seems to be caused by another bug in the archetype. It seems to be applying the +2 morale bonus (from level 5) even when not raging.
This seems all to be working correctly (besides the small issues summarized below).

So to sum up the bugs I have seen with this setup:
- The lvl 5 (mounted fury) archetype morale bonus to the mounts STR when raging is always applied even when not raging as the barbarian.
- The raging power (at least superstition) showing in special for the mount even when the requirements aren't met.
- When only ticking "Share rage with mount" the bonus text shows up (under ferocious mount tab) for the mount even when the barbarian isn't raging.

I haven't officially reported these yet seeing you are mostly encountering them while trying this out. So for now I will leave the official bug report into your hands unless you prefer me doing so.
Attached Files
File Type: email quick test.por (88.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Togainu; December 21st, 2015 at 10:52 PM.
Togainu is offline   #5 Reply With Quote