Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 4th, 2016, 09:56 AM
This question is most likely for Aaron or Mathias but maybe Frumple or so may know. I will try my best to explain my issue without a wall of text.

I have a new component I created that needs to put Tags onto specific skills. To prevent the need of using a foreach loop I used a Linkage to select skills that will get set with the a Tag. Over all I found this worked great. But some of the community skills where not setup as "Unique" so I changed them to be unique. Everything seemed to work great with just about 0 CPU overhead.

The issue came up that now a gamer can no longer add the "Knowledge (Psionics)" or Autohypnosis skills to any characters. From research this seems to be related to having a "Consolidated Skill" called Psionics that bootstraps both Knowledge (Psionics) and Autohypnosis and these skills being set to "unique".

HERE is a link to the skills file for Ultimate Psionics. Encase seeing the XML makes what I am saying more clear.

My guess is that once they are bootstrapped and on the hero as Picks (caused by the consolidated skill) the Skill tab can't see them anymore. In addition this is only the case because they are Unique and not addonce?

If I change them to "addonce" then I can select them on the Skills tab again but I can't use the skill as a linkage because it's no longer unique. Seems like a catch 22...

My solution appears to be setting the skills to "addonce" and changing my component to use foreach loops instead of a linkage. Any other way to assign tags to specific skills that would be a very low cost CPU? Someway without actually having the ability to change the BaseSkill component?

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote