Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old September 30th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Looks like I managed to break the Extra Magic Talent feat at some point. I'll have that fixed in 1.12, no ETA yet but I'll get it done as soon as I can. In the meantime, you can use the Magic Talents Known adjustment (which I have confirmed still works).
TheIronGolem is offline   #161 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 24th, 2016, 12:02 PM
A few questions...

The easier question.
After Destroyer's Handbook, which of the Handbooks will appear next?

The longer questions...

Our group is playing with Gestalt characters, and Shadow Chemosh's (free) Gestalt sometimes does funky things with non-standard options (that it was likely tested against), but it is free and I'm not complaining.

Almost every issue with the Spheres of Power files, is not an issue if we're not using Gestalt, so it's just an weird interaction between two sets of files.

I'm trying to 'fix' them with adjustments.

One of my players has gone Incanter 14 || Elementalist 14.

The Gestalt package counts his 14 CL (Incanter) and his 10 CL (Elementalist) and shows him having a 24 CL; I can adjust this down to 14 with the 'Sphere Casting Level' adjustment.

I noticed that his dice damage was still out, and then I clued in that an Elementalist is 14 CL with the Destruction Sphere, and after applying that adjustment (-4) 'Sphere Casting Level (Sphere)' it fixes almost everything for Destruction.

With Gestalt (but not with straight Spheres of Power files), the first 'Favored Element' does not increase to full Elementalist level, once the second 'Favored Element' is selected.
I can use a Weapon Damage Adjustment to modify this, and it shows as something like 14d6+7+7.
Close enough to +14 for me.

The Incanter|Elementalist has Conjuration Sphere, and seven talents within the sphere. His pet has 18 hit dice, and a +18 BAB.

If I create a non-Gestalt Incanter, of level 14, the minion has 11 hit dice (not 18).

I've already applied the Sphere Caster Level adjustment, taking the character from CL 24 down to CL 14 (with a -10 adjustment).

As far as I can tell, that should give me a minion with 11 Hit Dice.
Since it did not, I attempted to apply the 'Sphere Casting Level (Sphere)' for Conjuration sphere, like I did for Destruction, and that doesn't alter the hit dice (and relevant things calculated off of creature HD) for the minion.

My best solution so far... since caster level adjustments don't seem to adjust pet calculations is to create a clone 14 Incanter character. Give him the same Conjuration talents as the character with the crazy Gestalt interaction. And then I have a pet with proper calculations.

Am I missing an adjustment option, to have the pet calculated off of 14 CL instead of 24 CL?
Ualaa is offline   #162 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old October 24th, 2016, 12:36 PM
I'm currently working on the Geomancer's Handbook (Nature Sphere). This has been held up by the fact that I need to put in a fairly big new feature for the Armorist class in 1.12 (on which I am behind my normal schedule) in order to support it, and have been struggling with the best way to do it without introducing an extra book dependency.

I'm not surprised to see that SoP doesn't play nice with Gestalt. It's a hard subsystem to integrate with, especially since it's not "official" and thus hard for me to justify spending extra time/effort to accommodate. Caster Level, as you've seen, is a prime example of this.

If changing the Conjuration CL with an Adjustment doesn't change your companion's HD count, that does seem wrong to me. I'll have to look at that. If I can't (or determine that I shouldn't) make the Adjustment change companion HD, I'll see about making a separate adjustment for companion HD. Same goes for Death sphere's HD cap on controlled undead.

As long as I'm here, my apologies to everyone still waiting on 1.12 for the base package. Real life has been brutalizing my free time lately. However, I think you're definitely going to like 1.12 if you've got an Armorist...
TheIronGolem is offline   #163 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 31st, 2016, 11:40 PM
Thanks; we appreciate the effort, and look forward to what comes next.
Ualaa is offline   #164 Reply With Quote
meemaas

Old November 2nd, 2016, 09:01 AM
Just yesterday, one of my fellow players experienced a horrendous Herolab crash. After reinstalling it and wiping all the data packages, we narrowed it down to the Sphere's of Power files.

For some reason, this crash was only with his, and I even made sure to install the files fresh. None of our other players have experienced it, but he has had the problem on two devices, both containing the Sphere's files.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the actual error code, but I am posting this here to find out if anyone else has had the same problem. To be clear, the error causes Herolab to shut down between opening Pathfinder and fully compiling the files for use.
meemaas is offline   #165 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old November 2nd, 2016, 09:47 AM
Spontaneously, I would suspect a very specific interaction of loaded packages as well the order the packages are loaded, considering that it doesn't seem to happen elsewhere and that player likely uses the same packages on both devices. Can you please provide this particular information, too?
EldritchWeaver is offline   #166 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old November 2nd, 2016, 10:27 AM
That seems likely to me as well. It may be something as simple as SoP having a thingid in common with another data file, with some other external factor causing HL to crash when it would normally just give a compile error and load in safe mode.
TheIronGolem is offline   #167 Reply With Quote
meemaas

Old November 2nd, 2016, 11:26 AM
The thing is, all members of my group use the same packages. We have most of the officially released data packages, the three Sphere's packages currently out, and the Pathfinder Pack, but it didn't start on him until the most recent update to the official Pathfinder files.
meemaas is offline   #168 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 2nd, 2016, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemaas View Post
The thing is, all members of my group use the same packages. We have most of the officially released data packages, the three Sphere's packages currently out, and the Pathfinder Pack, but it didn't start on him until the most recent update to the official Pathfinder files.
How many "official" licenses does this player have? There is an issue where if you have pretty much all official LW books, community Pack, and another large addon like SoP that HL runs out of memory.

And actually if this is at all the case check out the new link to the BETA that Colen just posted. He has what appears to be an official fix.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #169 Reply With Quote
meemaas

Old November 2nd, 2016, 01:20 PM
I believe he owns everything official that came out by the end of 2015, and not much more. We will try out the Beta next week and see if that solves his problem, and I appreciate that you posted to inform me of this.

I will admit I never tested to see if his could run Spheres without the Community Pack installed, but that was because most of his characters use the Community Pack, and he's only recently actually tried making a Sphere's character.
meemaas is offline   #170 Reply With Quote