Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hirsute

Old November 21st, 2014, 04:19 AM
Hi all!

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place, I looked for a bug report submission link on the website, but there were only bug report links for specific gaming systems. It referred me to the forum or email for issues related to the program itself, and since I have a workaround, I thought I'd post this publicly rather than just send an email.

First, the background information:
I am using Hero Lab with the Pathfinder Role Playing Game data set.
I have not yet tested this with any of the other machines I have applied licenses to, as I am in the middle of a few projects currently, and don't have a lot of time.

Since the last patch (6.1 which dropped on 17 November 2014) I am unable to use double quotation marks in character names. When attempting to save a portfolio that contains a hero whose name has double quotes in it (ie - Tsadok "Big T" Darno) I get the error, "Unexpected internal error while saving portfolio," and the portfolio will not save.

The easy workaround is to change double quotes to single quotes, but I'm assuming this is both unintended and related to the ability to use non-English characters that was introduced with this patch, so I wanted to pass it on.

Thanks,

Hirsute
Hirsute is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 21st, 2014, 06:56 AM
Nice debugging! I had run into the character issue with Unique ID's as it was causing one of my community packages to no longer load.

I linked a guy with this issue in the Pathfinder game stuff to this post to see if it helps him out.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 21st, 2014, 05:28 PM
We have a fix for this that is going through final testing now - we're hoping to release it later tonight. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone!
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Hirsute

Old November 22nd, 2014, 01:02 PM
It's working now for me, thanks for the quick fix!
Hirsute is offline   #4 Reply With Quote