Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Techgnosis

Old June 23rd, 2017, 03:02 PM
This was originally posted in the general HL discussion thread but Mathias suggested it was a game specific issue and should be posted here. The original thread is linked above.

Original Post
When I open a character file on my PC I get the following error, but when the same file is opened on either my laptop or my iPad not a peep.
Code:
Pick 'pMPFamKick' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '346'
Pick 'pMPClDmMdf' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '346'
Pick 'p3PBloodie' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '431'
Im tempted to uninstall and reinstall but from what I have read that tends to not fix problems, and I would much rather know what the issue is so as to avoid it in the future.

Response
I only use Hero Lab for Pathfinder. I have renewed the licence for my PC, and verified that the one User Created Package that I use is correct based on ShadowChemoshs post for it in the Community Packs thread for Pathfinder, which I am also using on my laptop and iPad, and as mentioned am getting no errors from them.
Code:
http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20pfsrd/updates.xml
Techgnosis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 23rd, 2017, 03:08 PM
I did a forum search for "pMPFamKick", and it seems to be connected to an obsolete version of the modern path files still being present on that computer, alongside the community files (which contain the current version of the modern path files): http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ght=pMPFamKick
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 23rd, 2017, 04:11 PM
I would make sure that you have the most current version of the Pack installed on your PC. Start HL then Pathfinder and go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates". In the list I would delete anything with the wording of Pack or Modern in its name.

Then go to Updates and download and install the Community Pack v1.9 on to your PC. Restart HL and see if the error is fixed...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Techgnosis

Old June 27th, 2017, 03:44 AM
Thanks ShadowChemosh, that seems to have fixed it. Does this mean I should no longer be using the pack hosted on your server?
Techgnosis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 27th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techgnosis View Post
Thanks ShadowChemosh, that seems to have fixed it. Does this mean I should no longer be using the pack hosted on your server?
Only "ONE" Pack exists now and its on my servers which are the community servers. Current version is 1.9.

I think you had some of the individual Packs (3PP, Eberron, Modern, etc) from before still installed. Its now just "one" download with everything in it. This makes it much easier to install and much easier to support.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote