Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

psych777

Old July 26th, 2015, 12:50 PM
kewl. i would meet up if i was going, but still haven't managed to make it to a gencon yet
psych777 is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 26th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych777 View Post
kewl. i would meet up if i was going, but still haven't managed to make it to a gencon yet
Maybe next year! Yeah I don't go every year myself. But its usually a good time.

Anyways the next version of the Packs are out! Thanks to everyone that contributed stuff!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 8th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
I wasn't finished with the changes. Is there any way for me to commit my changes and have you apply them to the newer set?

I opened up the classes - user file and was able to copy/paste my additions to another file, so It looks like I can preserve them and commit them to the next batch.
So I am really confused. Do you have GitHub setup in the same place you download and install the Packs? You should have a two additional Game Folders setup for containing the 3PP GitHub and Basic GitHub packs.

So if you didn't push your changes to the server then you need to do a PULL to get the latest files and let GitHub merge in the latest changes into your files. (Make a backup copy before just to be safe). Then if any conflicts you will have to go into the .user file with notepad or something and fix them. If no conflicts then you will be able to commit/push the changes up to GitHub. You should never EVER be doing only a "Commit" you need to be doing "Pulls" and "Commit/Pushes".

If you ONLY did a commit then when you push you will be rolling back the files on GitHub like what happened last time.

You shouldn't have any issues or care that I Released a new version.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 8th, 2015, 09:57 PM
HERE is a help document about Source Tree to undo a commit that you have not pushed. I think this will work even if you did a Push.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old September 9th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So I am really confused. Do you have GitHub setup in the same place you download and install the Packs? You should have a two additional Game Folders setup for containing the 3PP GitHub and Basic GitHub packs.

So if you didn't push your changes to the server then you need to do a PULL to get the latest files and let GitHub merge in the latest changes into your files. (Make a backup copy before just to be safe). Then if any conflicts you will have to go into the .user file with notepad or something and fix them. If no conflicts then you will be able to commit/push the changes up to GitHub. You should never EVER be doing only a "Commit" you need to be doing "Pulls" and "Commit/Pushes".

If you ONLY did a commit then when you push you will be rolling back the files on GitHub like what happened last time.

You shouldn't have any issues or care that I Released a new version.
Ok, this is what I needed. I have a regular pathfinder folder for during game.

I have GitHub set up in a development folder and this is where my stuff exists. What I didn't know is what to do so that my changes weren't lost (not familiar with the SourceTree tool in this regard.
Quintain is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old September 9th, 2015, 06:48 AM
Ok, when I did this, I get this:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch origin
From https://github.com/shadowchemosh/HL-Pack-3PP
2706e79..54f2b97 master -> origin/master

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false pull --rebase origin master
Cannot pull with rebase: You have unstaged changes.

Please commit or stash them.

Completed with errors, see above.

Does this mean I have the new files in the dev environment? I don't think the pull/merge was successful.

Ok, I pulled out the conflicting files. and was able to finally do the pull (the RGG feat files being overwritten was having an issue, so removing them allowed for a pull to be successful (finally)).

What are the next steps.

---

Looks like someone has a bad commit I'm getting this error when starting my dev env.

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cPUCollect' (Eval Script '#2') on line 17
-> Non-existent thing 'cPW5Zeal' referenced by script
'eval' script for Thing 'cPUMfgASE' (Eval Script 'Increase Astral Suit CP') calls a non-existent procedure for the active script context
One or more timing errors were identified. Please review the timing report and correct the errors. You can access the report under the 'Develop' menu or by clicking this link.

Last edited by Quintain; September 9th, 2015 at 07:59 AM.
Quintain is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 9th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Ok, when I did this, I get this:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch origin
From https://github.com/shadowchemosh/HL-Pack-3PP
2706e79..54f2b97 master -> origin/master

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false pull --rebase origin master
Cannot pull with rebase: You have unstaged changes.

Please commit or stash them.

Completed with errors, see above.

Does this mean I have the new files in the dev environment? I don't think the pull/merge was successful.
So no the pull was not successful. This is because you did a "commit" and a not a "Commit/Push". You can't and should NOT do a commit only. You need to do a "Commit/Push". What I am talking about is found on page 9 of the SETUP document.

If you had changes and had not done the commit the PULL would have merged in the latest changes with your files. Sense you commited the changes it won't let you do the pull.

In the future if you are not done with your changes don't do anything and just turn off Source Tree. It will pick up the changes again on next restart. Once you are happy with your changes do a Commit/PUSH to fully commit them to the remote repository. This is how I handle things and it so far been working great!

Quote:
Ok, I pulled out the conflicting files. and was able to finally do the pull (the RGG feat files being overwritten was having an issue, so removing them allowed for a pull to be successful (finally)).

What are the next steps.
Based on what you wrote your next steps are as follows:
1) Do a PULL of the 'Basic Pack' down into HL. Then manually copy over all the Basic Pack files into your 3PP Pack data folder. That will clear up your HL load issue. I moved things out of the 3PP Pack and into the Basic Pack.

2) Make sure you don't have these "commited" files still in Source Tree. You will need to uncommit them using the article I listed in the above post. You need to make sure the commit matches to exactly what GitHub is saying HERE. If they are different DO NOT do a push please.

2) No RGG files where changed during this last release. So go ahead and drop in your back up copy of the changed RGG files into the 3PP Pack folder. Source Tree will see the changed files. Once you are all done with changes do a "Commit/Push".

Let me know how the above goes...

P.S. - Maybe have a cold beer after this is done also. =)

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 9th, 2015 at 12:57 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old September 10th, 2015, 11:31 AM
/sigh

This is starting to become a serious pain.

I tried to do a pull and then downloaded the basic pack (per your note above). I went in an removed a bunch of duplications, the stuff you moved from the Ultimate Psionics. This gave me a series of errors I tried to correct...and got back to the same error I started with (the cPUCollect error). I got frustrated enough to wipe out everything in the dev environment by downloading all the updates from the latest release.

How do I download the latest updates that exist on Git and apply those changes back to my dev environment -- is there a way to package up what exists on git as like a zip file so I can extract them into my dev and bypass source tree?

I did a master source download via Zip file and applied all my old changes to the updated files. Now I just need Source Tree to figure out what I've done and not see the new files as changed. Any way to do that sort of thing?

Last edited by Quintain; September 10th, 2015 at 12:01 PM.
Quintain is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 10th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
HERE is a help document about Source Tree to undo a commit that you have not pushed. I think this will work even if you did a Push.
This article I think is what you need to do. As source tree still sees those commit. If that does not work you may wish to google the problem. SourceTree, GitHub, and Git are all well documented and feature rich applications. I didn't pick them because no one uses them. This means LOTS of documentation can be found about them including help pages and even videos.

The issue here is I can't SEE what your doing or your issues. If I was standing next to you I could help you allot easier. If you wish I could maybe this weekend do a session where we can share you desktop and I can help. Otherwise your best bet is to see if the above article helps you out. Or google for how to undo a commit in sourcetree/git...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old September 11th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Woo! looks like all I needed to do was a "reset current branch to this commit". I also committed all the stuff I've been working on for the tactician (all it's archetypes) and pushed the commit to the origin.

Appreciate all the help. Now that I'm back to being able to keep up with things, I should be good from here.
Quintain is offline   #90 Reply With Quote