Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

winterstew

Old November 17th, 2016, 08:40 AM
I am very new to Hero Lab and am trying to add a custom piece of magic armor. The armor comes with spiked gauntlets which can throw 12 conjured spikes per day.

So the Armor (iWSSpineA) bootstraps the gauntlet weapon (iWSSpineG), and the gauntlet bootstraps the shooting weapon (iWSSpingS) with a count of 12 max/day (actually I have to enter 11 to make 12 show up on the sheet which I do not understand, but whatever).

In the Hero I can equip the armor and punching gauntlet in one hand and a shooting gauntlet in the other. Doing so causes all three show up as equipped on the bottom of the In-Play tab, but the counter in the Tracked Resources stays greyed out claiming the "Not Equipped"

I suspect I will have to write some sort of script, but I do not know where or what. Any ideas?
winterstew is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 17th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Happy to help but I would be SO much easier if I could see the .user file. If you could attach the .user file to a post in this thread be much faster to get you help.

See FAQ#4 to how to attach a .user file.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
winterstew

Old November 17th, 2016, 03:42 PM
I have attached my current .user file. In this version it sort of works. If I have the armor bootstrap both the gauntlets (melee only), and the shooting spikes (range only) it seems to sort of work. However if the spikes bootstrap from the gauntlets it fails.
Also I borrowed the Helper.FalseDoubl from unarmed strike, but if I select Dbl it will not enable the tracker either. This seems to be due to it not removing the Helper.SpcDisable and Helper.SpcNotWorn tags.
As a side note, the weight I specify fro the armor as 20lbs seems to be over-ridden somewhere such that it makes it 30.
Attached Files
File Type: email winterstew_items.user (13.3 KB, 11 views)
winterstew is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 17th, 2016, 04:09 PM
So yeah you can't have the weapon bootstrap the weapon in this case as it won't pick up the main weapons equip/no-equip feature. Also as "Helper.FalseDoubl" is only meant for unarmed strike will also most likely NOT activate a bootstrapped pick.

I think I am a little confused. So to get on the same page which of the following are you trying to accomplish?

1) You want the tracker to always display no matter if the armor or gauntlet is equipped?

2) You want the tracker to only show when the Ranged Gauntlet (iWSSpineS) is equipped?

3) You want the tracker to display when just the armor is equipped?

4) Something else?

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 17th, 2016, 04:14 PM
NOTE: With this many "bootstraps" going on. Make sure after each change you are doing a "CTRL-R" NOT a "Test Now!". In addition make sure you are not using a test character yet with this item. HL does not deal with this many bootstraps well using Test Now or when saved in a .por file.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 17th, 2016, 04:17 PM
To get the "Dbl" to work I added the following script logic to the Thing ID "iWSSpineS"

Final/50000
Code:
      ~ If in double or main hand remove the disable tags
      if (tagis[Hero.MainHand] = 1) then
         perform delete[Helper.SpcDisable]
         perform delete[Helper.SpcNotWorn]
      endif

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
winterstew

Old November 17th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the Ctrl-R trick. I had discovered the problems with bootstraps and the .por file. I was doing a lot of quitting and restarting and remove and re-adding of items.

Thanks also for the script. I used the FalseDoubl, because I wanted to just have one set of gauntlets listed in the hero's weapons but also usable in a two-handed fist fight, or two handed spine shooting.

Still not sure why gWeight and gearWeight for the armor are both at 30, when I have 20 set as gWeight in the fields. If I remove this field id it turns out to be 35. It seems to add 10 pounds to the default Hide armor weight.
winterstew is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 17th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Took me a little bit to find the weight issue. In the "Gizmo" section look at the bootstraps. You have Armor Spikes "wArmorSpk" which weigh 10lbs plus the 20lbs of the armor gives you 30lbs.

I think if you really want the armor to weigh a total of 20 I recommend setting the armor to be 10. Be easier than trying to get the armor spikes to weigh nothing.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
winterstew

Old November 17th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Of course, the armor spikes. You know I looked all over to find where I could duplicate armor spikes so I could look at them. Thanks, I will make gWeight=10.

Thanks for all the help. I think I am starting to get the hang of it.
winterstew is offline   #9 Reply With Quote