Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

dafrca

Old September 7th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzini View Post
Herolab doesn't stop you when adding spells to your spell book. There are limits in the rules as to which and how many spells you can add per level and initially. I'd like the software to save me the time of looking those limitations up.
Those limits are soft limits. They are just what you get for free so to speak. If my third level wizard can find someone to help him, or a scroll to copy from etc there is no real limit to the spells I can get at any given level. The cost in time and gold may slow me down for sure though.

So with that in mind, I am glad they did not "lock" the spell book with the soft limits and would not call this a "bug" that needs to be fixed.

Last edited by dafrca; September 7th, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
dafrca is offline   #271
hangarflying

Old September 7th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Summoner's Eidolon:

The summoner is 1st Level. In the eidolon evolution selection, Improved Natural Armor is grayed out and says that the Summoner must be 5th level before this evolution can be chosen. This evolution may be picked at 1st, and then again at 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th levels.
hangarflying is offline   #272
Steev42

Old September 7th, 2012, 11:10 AM
APG/ARG Alternate Racial Trait : Ancentral Arms. Adds the proficiency appropriately, but does not remove the free Skill Focus feat.

A second one just discovered: Tactical Console. If you delay (doesn't seem to happen with ready), when you have that character go later, if the initiative modifier is lower than the next player to go, when the next round starts, the character who delayed goes after the character who's action got interrupted.

Last edited by Steev42; September 7th, 2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: another bug
Steev42 is offline   #273
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 7th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangarflying View Post
Summoner's Eidolon:

The summoner is 1st Level. In the eidolon evolution selection, Improved Natural Armor is grayed out and says that the Summoner must be 5th level before this evolution can be chosen. This evolution may be picked at 1st, and then again at 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th levels.
Just to help LW guys out here is the link to the Official FAQ about how this is to work.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #274
Silveras

Old September 7th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev42 View Post
A second one just discovered: Tactical Console. If you delay (doesn't seem to happen with ready), when you have that character go later, if the initiative modifier is lower than the next player to go, when the next round starts, the character who delayed goes after the character who's action got interrupted.
Delay does not interrupt anyone else's action, and it *does* change your initiative to whenever you do take your turn. It sounds like it is working correctly.
Silveras is offline   #275
ancient

Old September 8th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Just to help LW guys out here is the link to the Official FAQ about how this is to work.
Yes, but a even a 1st Level Summoner can choose it once. I assume that this isn't possible (grayed out) for "hangarflying". He should check if the Evolution was already chosen, if so, Herolab would be right to deny an additional selection until the Summoner reaches Lvl 5.
ancient is offline   #276
ShadowChemosh

Old September 8th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient View Post
Yes, but a even a 1st Level Summoner can choose it once.
Correct. I was in agreement and pointing out that the official rules agreed with him..

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #277
lordrodd

Old September 8th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I've tried updating today to 6.20 on two different computers I've received the same error. I even did a complete reinstall of HeroLab on one of them and still got the error. After the error Pathfinder will not open.

HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details, or you can find them in this file: C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\lwderror3536.txt

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
4.0b 314

major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x77cae41b
Type: bad write
lordrodd is offline   #278
Anpumes

Old September 8th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Found a problem with Predator's Grace (dFurPredat); this is supposed to return a value of +10 foot Movement when activated at base value, however, as it is written it only infers a +5 foot Movement at base value. It is then supposed to increase by +5 foot per 5 Cleric levels gained. It returns the appropriate bumps as the characters level but it is always missing that additional 5 foot of movement.

Now, I found the problem and a fix for it...
The eval script for it is off by one number; this may not be the cleanest way to fix it but it did work, returning a +10 foot movement at 1st level when activated and increasing by +5 foot per 5 cleric levels.

The original line reads:
field[abValue].value += 10 + round(field[xAllLev].value/5,0,-1) * 5

It should instead read:
field[abValue].value += 10 + round(field[xAllLev].value/5,0,0) * 5
Anpumes is offline   #279
blzbob

Old September 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
When I purchase both the celestial plate armor and shield, I get this message:

"Live state of gizmo 'mSpecMagic' is being tested before live state of parent pick 'iCelShield' is resolved"

It appears whenever I add any items after both have been purchased.
blzbob is offline   #280
Closed Thread