Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AndrewD2

Old April 26th, 2014, 02:14 PM
I'm working on a race that has some racial ability packages, every package has a primary and secondary ability. The race has 2 Alternate Racial Traits that change the races size to either small or large, in doing so it disables the secondary abilities from the package.

For most abilities this is simple and works fine, but some of the secondary abilities are a "pick one of these 3 abilities" type of thing. I've got helper abilities made up that are bootstrapped to the racial ability. I've got an eval script to assign specific tags when you choose which ability you want which are used in the bootstrap condition of the helper abilities. The bootstrap conditions are something like:

First/500
Custom.IronPrimary & !AbReplace.raRPIroXXX

The problem I'm having is the abilities are still showing up even with the main ability is replaced, which they shouldn't.

Any suggestions?
AndrewD2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 26th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Check your timing? Is the tag being applied early enough to stop the conditional?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 26th, 2014, 02:36 PM
I copied the timing from a class ability and was just using the RaReplace.? Tag on the ART skits whenever the default timing to assign the tag is. I haven't debugged it to test timing yet. I was hoping someone might know that part already. •whistles innocently •
AndrewD2 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 27th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Well I debugged it to death, the AbReplace tag for Racial Abilities is placed later than Class Abilities, as with classes it's before First/500 since that's what works for Bootstrap Conditions (like the Wizard's Scribe Scroll) but racial abilities it's placed at First/600 so it's gotta be set after that.

Hope that helps anyone in the future that comes searching.
AndrewD2 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 27th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Well I debugged it to death, the AbReplace tag for Racial Abilities is placed later than Class Abilities, as with classes it's before First/500 since that's what works for Bootstrap Conditions (like the Wizard's Scribe Scroll) but racial abilities it's placed at First/600 so it's gotta be set after that.

Hope that helps anyone in the future that comes searching.
Thanks for finding and sharing. I had been using First/1000 for Racial Specials which was working. It's nice to know I can if I need to back it back down to 600.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 27th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Actually I should say First/601 as when I debugged at First/600 the tag wasn't there.
AndrewD2 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote