Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old August 6th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Yea... my sheet has always had this "limitation". I can certainly put something there, but I've never been sure how to represent DR in that tiny box. (that section is done the same way as the standard character sheet).

For example, a character might have both DR "10/Magic" and "5/Fire". Neither of those would fit in that box by itself, let alone both together.

Any suggestions? I could just put in a "Yes" and leave it to you to look up elsewhere. Or I could pick the highest DR value and just put the number there (in this example, it would just be the value "10").
Can you duplicate the box for each iteration of DR?
Saves you using a larger box or omitting any info at all!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 6th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Can you duplicate the box for each iteration of DR?
Saves you using a larger box or omitting any info at all!
There's no space on the page for duplicates of the box to go.

Of course, that's only true if I keep that section in "standard Pathfinder sheet" form. For example, I could gain some space to work with by taking out the "WOUNDS/CURRENT HP" and "NONLETHAL DAMAGE" boxes.

Meh... In the end, I'll probably do what I've done with other sections: Come up with 2-3 different layouts and allow users to choose the layout that works best for them. That seems in keeping with the rest of the sheet and offers the best chance of satisfying the most users.

EDIT: I see I've made it to "Senior Member" now... I assume this means that trumpets will be played whenever I come in the room and legions of oiled man-servants will wave palm fronds to ensure that I never lack for cool breezes. No? Oh... well, we now return you to your regularly-scheduled fantasy game.

Last edited by AncientOne; August 6th, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
AncientOne is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 6th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
EDIT: I see I've made it to "Senior Member" now... I assume this means that trumpets will be played whenever I come in the room and legions of oiled man-servants will wave palm fronds to ensure that I never lack for cool breezes. No? Oh... well, we now return you to your regularly-scheduled fantasy game.
Yes it does. If this is not currently working feel free to put in an official Bug Report!!

Hmm yea for the DR I see some of the issue especially as HL marks things like Fire Resistance as DR also. Personally from watching players I see that any DR, resistances, or save bonuses should all get their own special section on the sheet. These are very important during dangerous combats and are the most often forgotten abilities. Especially when the save bonuses are situational.

My current thought would be to show the highest DR value in the little box. At least its some type of note that a person has DR.

Then maybe have a section similar to tracking resources that sums all the Resistances, Damage Reductions, and saves. Then at least this section can be easily moved around to put it where the player wants.

Quote:
Of course, that's only true if I keep that section in "standard Pathfinder sheet" form. For example, I could gain some space to work with by taking out the "WOUNDS/CURRENT HP" and "NONLETHAL DAMAGE" boxes.
I could live with this. Most people I have watched use another piece of paper to track Wounds and stuff not the actual character sheet. Just what I have seen so it could just go away to make room...

Just throwing out some ideas.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 6th, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old August 6th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
**snip**

My oiled man servants are attended by non oiled man servants, just for the verisimilitude! And I replaced the trumpets for harps easier upon the ears!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 6th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
My oiled man servants are attended by non oiled man servants, just for the verisimilitude! And I replaced the trumpets for harps easier upon the ears!
Well, verisimilitude *is* important.
AncientOne is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 6th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Version 4.2 of my custom Pathfinder sheet has been released through the auto-update mechanism. See the opening post of this thread for details of what is included.
AncientOne is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old August 7th, 2012, 07:53 PM
ZOMG this sheet is awesome!

Just signed in to say that, that is all.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 8th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
ZOMG this sheet is awesome!

Just signed in to say that, that is all.
Thanks Jamz!
AncientOne is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old August 8th, 2012, 06:57 PM
What size character picture does your sheet use? It always displays only a small part of the picture I use.
Dwayne is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 9th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
What size character picture does your sheet use? It always displays only a small part of the picture I use.
FWIW, the sheet allows you to resize your picture to fit the "picture frame" and/or drag it around within the "frame" to show a specific part of the picture if you prefer.

You can do this by enabling "On-Sheet Controls" in the Control Panel; then you can move the picture within its frame by dragging it with your mouse, or click one of the "Fit Width"/"Fit Height"/"Full Size" buttons that appears over the image. (If you have more than one picture, it will also allow you to choose the picture you want to display.)

All that said... the size of the "picture frame" is:
  • Portrait-Oriented Page: 3.7" wide x 2.5" high
  • Landscape-Oriented Page: 2.45" wide x 2.5" high
AncientOne is offline   #60 Reply With Quote