Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

tatteredking

Old September 8th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Howdy all,

I'm running a Pathfinder Game in Eberron. I want to set HeroLab up so none of the core Pathfinder deities (and demon lords) show up. I've unchecked the Core Deities box in the character configuration, but am still getting a host of non-Eberron deities.

Second question......I know metamagic feats don't have "Must be a spellcaster" as a prerequisite, but logic dictates they should. Is there any way to get them to only show up for spellcasters...and not for my double axe wielding half orc fighter?
tatteredking is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 8th, 2011, 12:42 PM
#1 - most of the deities are in "Core Rulebook Deities", "Inner Sea World Guide", and "Gods & Magic", with some others scattered through the other campaign setting and player's companion books (like some elven deities in Elves of Golarion) - you'll need to turn off all those sources to not see them. Look at the "Appears In" text at the bottom of the deity's description to see which sources you need to turn off in order to hide that deity.

#2 - you can make replacements for each feat in the editor to add an "Ability to cast spells required" exprreq.

Here's the expression you can use for that Expr-req
Code:

#cancastspells[] <> 0
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Charender

Old September 8th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Followup question, is there an easy way to make it so that when a certain source is active, like my homebrew campaign rules, the core dieties sources are automatically turned off?
Charender is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 9th, 2011, 04:51 AM
When you go to the Configure hero option from the pull down menu, a pop up dialog box will appear. you can select or de-select any of the source materials you want or not want to use.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Charender

Old September 9th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
When you go to the Configure hero option from the pull down menu, a pop up dialog box will appear. you can select or de-select any of the source materials you want or not want to use.
I know that, but I want to make it so that when my homebrew campaign is active it deselects the other sources automatically. I don't want to have to hunt down sources XYZ for every character I create in my campaign.
Charender is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 9th, 2011, 08:08 AM
you can set what sources you want and not want as a default. that way every time you create a new PC or NPC it will use the same sources. Just select/deselect the sources you want/dont want and then click on the Set Default button.

For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Charender

Old September 9th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
you can set what sources you want and not want as a default. that way every time you create a new PC or NPC it will use the same sources. Just select/deselect the sources you want/dont want and then click on the Set Default button.
Problem is that I go back and forth between 4 different groups of settings.
PF Society
Core Rules only
My gaming group's house rules
My homebrew campaign rules.

I am looking for a way to make 4 sources that let me switch between these 4 sets.
Charender is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 9th, 2011, 10:18 AM
You could create duplicate game systems, one for each group. Then configure the source materials for each one seperately. That way everything would be seperate.

chiefweasel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old September 9th, 2011, 08:50 PM
This is what we have done. We have a game system for Core Only, one for PFS, and then one for "Doug's Game" and one for "Larry's Game".

This does make you update four times when a patch comes out however, but it makes custom campaign info, classes, spells, etc much easier to keep separated.
Thazar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 10th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thazar View Post
This does make you update four times when a patch comes out however
Going to assume you are downloading the patch 4 times? In that case there is a much easier way. The patch/update is stored in HL after the download. You can find it at Hero Lab\download\pathfinder.hl and simply double clicking on it will start the HL import process again. Saves allot of time then downloading 4 times.

You can also use this to easily create a new CORE version of pathfinder. Double click the pathfinder.hl and on the import screen change the the game system folder to say "PathfinderCORE" and click Start Import. It will create the folder and install a fresh official copy of pathfinder only.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote