Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Eretas

Old March 20th, 2011, 07:05 PM
When I transfert magic arrows from a hero to another, the stack of 20/20 become 50/50. Previously you asked me how I transfer magic arrows from a hero to another to obtain that bug. I just did it today ...
I open the weapon section then click on the bag item then transfert gear to hero.
When I went to the hero to whom I trasfert the stack of magic Arrows, there is 50 arrow instead of the orginal 20. I did it three times. One with 20 arrow, and twice with 15 arrow. Then all of the stack became stack of 50 arrows.
Eretas is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 20th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeorian View Post
Regardless of what you think, Hero Lab seems to think there are flaws in Pathfinder. I'm being prompted to add Flaws (as per the screen shot below)...
Their is no thinking Pathfinder the RPG has no flaws.

Please fully read my post to see where Flaws are coming from. In this case you have specifically told HL to use Flaws and Traits and 3.5 material. Then you are asking why HL is showing you Flaws from 3.5?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
HowwwwL

Old March 20th, 2011, 08:44 PM
The Expert Acrobat ability states that the character does not suffer armor check penalties on Acrobatics, Climb, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth while wearing light armor.

The builder is imposing the armor check penalty on Acrobatics while wearing a Chain Shirt... Chain Shirt is light armor...
HowwwwL is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old March 21st, 2011, 06:36 AM
Re: Flaws

If you look at the top right corner of your screen shot it says that flaws are only available to starting characters. At what level are you trying to take flaws?

Last edited by blzbob; March 21st, 2011 at 06:39 AM.
blzbob is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
Daeorian

Old March 21st, 2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh

[...] In this case you have specifically told HL to use Flaws and Traits and 3.5 material. Then you are asking why HL is showing you Flaws from 3.5?
Not quite so. The "Use Traits & Flaws" is listed under "Optional Rules". It is not identified as a 3.5-specific feature. Yes, it was selected and I'm sure I must have done so. However, nothing indicates that by doing so I was enabling 3.5 content.

I am new to Pathfinder (though I've been DMing for over 30 years) and I was hoping Hero Lab would help me manage and keep track of some of the Pathfinder details as I go through the process of learning the system. I find that confusing and misleading "features" like this are hindering rather than helping my learning.

I have also been a software developer for over 30 years. I know a thing or two about application development and testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blzbob View Post
Re: Flaws

If you look at the top right corner of your screen shot it says that flaws are only available to starting characters. At what level are you trying to take flaws?
If you'll read my message, that red text in the top right corner is precisely what I specifically quoted in my text. The NPC is level 16. If these can only be added to a starting character, why is Hero Lab prompting me to add them?
Daeorian is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old March 21st, 2011, 08:08 AM
Sometime you can run into a problem when you create a character at levels higher then 1, when it comes to things like flaws and backgrounds at least. have you tried to create the character at level 1, add the flaws/backgrounds, then added the rest of the levels after that? just curious if that will take care of it.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 21st, 2011, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Not quite so. The "Use Traits & Flaws" is listed under "Optional Rules". It is not identified as a 3.5-specific feature. Yes, it was selected and I'm sure I must have done so. However, nothing indicates that by doing so I was enabling 3.5 content.
While the "Use Traits & Flaws" option is not listed as 3.5 option - it's primarily intended for those who want to create their own sets of traits and flaws to add to Hero Lab, the specific list of flaws you're seeing is from the "Open Content from Unearthed Arcana" option, and that is part of the "Prior SRD Content" grouping.
Mathias is online now   #67 Reply With Quote
Daeorian

Old March 21st, 2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Sometime you can run into a problem when you create a character at levels higher then 1, when it comes to things like flaws and backgrounds at least. have you tried to create the character at level 1, add the flaws/backgrounds, then added the rest of the levels after that? just curious if that will take care of it.
Actually, I created this character as a level 1 character and added each level, one by one, to get him to level 16. He's a mix of Bard and Sorcerer. I really, really don't want to have to re-do all that work. I just deselected the "Use Traits & Flaws" item and, as far as this particular character is concerned, the problem went away.

This touches on a point I just moments ago raised in a new thread, NPC vs. PC -- Opinions Solicited. The character we've been discussing is a major NPC that I developed in Hero Lab as a PC, rather than an NPC.
Daeorian is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
risner

Old March 21st, 2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
"Use Traits & Flaws" is listed under "Optional Rules". It is not identified as a 3.5-specific feature.

NPC is level 16. If these can only be added to a starting character, why is Hero Lab prompting me to add them?
The program can't help you on this issue, as you need to know the material. You need to know that "Trait and Flaws" refers to 3.5 Unearthed Arcana Traits and Flaws (and any more you add yourself.)

Pathfinder Traits are automatically enabled when you have society material added (or it maybe always) to the character.

If you have a feature selected, that can only be taken at 1st, and you delete the option (because the DM told you it was invalid) then there would be no way to add the correct one back if you were unable to add 1st level material at 15th level.

In any event, if you don't have Unearthed Arcana enabled, the flaws selection will be empty (until you add some of your own.)
risner is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
rashidali

Old March 21st, 2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
If you'll read my message, that red text in the top right corner is precisely what I specifically quoted in my text. The NPC is level 16. If these can only be added to a starting character, why is Hero Lab prompting me to add them?
I noticed that you have "Everything" showing for the picks in the flaw screen. If you click on the drop down box and choose "Only Valid Items" then everything that is ghosted out will not show. However once you do this, if you attempt to add a flaw you will not be able to since you have nothing to choose from in the flaw screen since you show "Only Valid Items." You can't open the window again until a trait is created in the editor that is not a flaw only available to first level characters. <-- This could be a possible bug, since you can't go back and later add a flaw even if you wanted.

Since the only flaws that are available in HL (Open Content from UA) can only be added at first level, you'll need to create the other flaws in UA that are not Open Content for yourself, unless you can find someone that has already completed them. Also even though these traits are only available to 1st level characters the flexibility of HL allows you to choose these traits even though you have a character that is not 1st level without encountering any errors.
rashidali is offline   #70 Reply With Quote