Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old November 24th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I have been wondering when the Psionics will have an official version. I am willing to buy the data set, and it would be great if it was through Hero Lab itself (like the 1001 spells, the Tome of Horrors and Midgard stuff). It would help to fix errors. For example, when I pick psionics it shows up as an error when I choose my powers as the counter does not seem to work properly.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #171 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 25th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
I have been wondering when the Psionics will have an official version. I am willing to buy the data set, and it would be great if it was through Hero Lab itself (like the 1001 spells, the Tome of Horrors and Midgard stuff). It would help to fix errors. For example, when I pick psionics it shows up as an error when I choose my powers as the counter does not seem to work properly.
I can't speak to "selling" it but I can say that new stuff is coming in the Pathfinder Hero Lab software. So TCArknight and I have talked and decided that instead of releasing what we have which will make people having to change their characters. Then get new features in HL and make changes again we are just going to wait for the new features. This way when we roll out "version 3.0" to the community you should have less to "redo" about your characters.

Unfortunately this means people are waiting but I think the final package will be very nice actually. Should allow us to fully support Psionics then.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #172 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old January 10th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Looking forward to this, especially now with Ultimate Psionics coming out. I've been putting in a few things myself to gain experience with the editor. So far I have all the Dream and Psionic traits, as well as a few other minor things.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #173 Reply With Quote
Neddy

Old February 5th, 2014, 11:59 AM
I don’t know if it just my but i have trouble whit the last update of Psionics Unleashed.
When I made psion I go to many power points.
Ex Psion level 6, 24 of intelligence, human = 35 for the level + 21 fon int. = 56 PP
Hero lab = 91 PP.
I made test and it look like the level it count double. 56 PP + 35 PP for level of the Psion = 91.
Neddy is offline   #174 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 5th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Thought I would share a Psioncis Update for everyone.

If you didn't know HL just made huge changes to the Psionics frame work in Pathfinder and so many of the "features" of our community package broke. I am in the process of re-working PU community package right now to work with the new frame work. This includes things like moving all the "Spells" to actually be "Powers".

During this I found some "bugs" in HL that are causing issues. So I am working with LW to resolve those. Unfortunately those bugs are big enough that I can't release what I have until the official bugs are fixed. I am in no WAY blaming LW or Aaron and personally think Aaron did a GREAT job with implementing Psionics. What I am finding never would have been seen by LW unless they actually started inputting classes and powers.

I am working on a fixing "allot" of issues with PU currently and this includes moving over allot of fixed issues that was previously done but never released to the community (ie it only existed in Dropbox). So many feats are fixed and the Soulknife Mindblade can now easily be made magical.

The new release dubbed "v2.0" will be out as soon as LW and myself do a little monster bug killing for XP. If these bugs really get me annoyed I may have to bring out my +3 Core Rule Book Vermin Bane weapon.

Thanks for everyone's patience while this is going on.

Also wanted to mention that with v2.0 all Spells/Powers will be wiped/removed from your character when you load the .por file. So my advice is a make a Paper Backup copy of your powers or make a pdf of your powers and save it. This way you can easily add back your powers when the new version comes out. Sorry about that...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #175 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 5th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Kind of you to say, ShadowChemosh, but this is definitely my bad.

Best way to test a new system is to build something with it, but since we're not entering anything officially I didn't go to the trouble of building a whole class. Time is tight, and that effort would have been be wasted I thought. I shouldn't have cut corners, because I missed some things which I'm working to resolve now. Once those are done, we can get ShadowChemosh a copy of the changes so he can finish his update. However, we won't be able to release the fixes to everyone until the monthly release in a couple weeks.

Sorry about the delay everyone.
Aaron is offline   #176 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old February 5th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Nothing to apologize for Aaron.

Getting psionics working is definitely a big deal. Very glad to have it now available and for all the work you've put in on it.
TCArknight is offline   #177 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 5th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Aaron - you Kicked the Red Dragons butt, so what if a few goblins got through, you still have done a great job and are still doing a great job. No worries. Thanks for all you do.
jbearwillis is offline   #178 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 16th, 2014, 04:50 PM
So 2.0 work is going good and we have the Psion, Psychic Warrior, and Wilder fully moved over to use the new Powers and Psionics Framework. Things are looking good for releasing this 2.0 right after LW official release this month.

While we did this work we made anything we change work like the rules in Ultimate Psionics. No real point to fix it and then just have to redo the work again in a month. So if things work a little different as in their are 0-level powers called "Talents" the reason is its from Ultimate Psionics. We also updated text to match Ultimate Psionics also.

Also wanted to mention that with v2.0 all Spells/Powers will be wiped/removed from your character when you load the .por file. So my advice is a make a Paper Backup copy of your powers or make a pdf of your powers and save it. This way you can easily add back your powers when the new version comes out. Sorry about that...

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; February 16th, 2014 at 04:53 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #179 Reply With Quote
rcsob657

Old February 17th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Hey thanks for the update. Will this new release have the Vitalist in it?
rcsob657 is offline   #180 Reply With Quote