Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lord Magus

Old November 11th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Kudos for the great work! Seems to me those mechanics could rather easily be adapted to cover a spell-point magic system...
Lord Magus is offline   #151 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
So, out of curiosity, how are you going to handle a multiclass mage/psion that takes a metapsionic feat that by definition affects only psionics and not spells?
The current v1.7 of PU does not use Powers as of right this second. It has never used powers as you have to work in the RAW XML to get them in. This is also seen in why the Psion class and others give a error message about No Powers Taken. Cause their are no powers to select.

So your issue exists right now. What also exists is the activation of lots of unsupported 3.5 Psionics that are getting turned on. So we have strange error messages and a extra Tab that just adds an extra place to spend power points.

With the addition of the new tags I created I should be able to separate the two with the classes better but no it won't be perfect. The player will have to use some common sense to not adjust a spell with a metapsionic feat.

I have already talked to LW and they have said they are NOT fixing/supporting 3.5 Psionics in Pathfinder. They have already confirmed that when/if Paizo does Psionics the 3.5 stuff in the data package already will be removed/changed.

So all our stuff will break at that point anyways. Not including the biggest issue is if I make Spells actually be "Powers" they will NOT print to a paper character sheet. Turns out they don't even do that in 3.5 d20 package.

Using the 3.5 Psionics is just making things SUPER confusing to work with and turning on background mechanics that are getting confused with half spells half powers idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
IMO, we need to go the other direction and get Lone Wolf to support the use of psionics as a integrated game mechanic that is separate from spells.
If you can convince LW this is a good idea and they are willing to do it I am all for this. If this happens I will happily move the stuff away from spells.

But as I have to work with what I have I have no choice but to go down this path currently.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
darkhero03

Old January 12th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Hi, I keep getting on the Psychic Warrior the message that I have one power to pick when I don't. How do you fix this? It keeps as a permanent error on the character. It also keeps saying "Learn more powers" as the error on all psychics even though it won't let me pick more until the character levels up.
darkhero03 is offline   #153 Reply With Quote
ronaldsf

Old January 16th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks for your work on this! I am using v4.1 of Hero Lab and am trying to use the Psionics Unleashed addition to my Pathfinder RPG installation. When I go through the steps on the cheeseweasel PDF, then under "Configure Hero" I notice only the following new checkboxes:

--pPUPow
--pPUSkills
--User Content
----Psionics Unleashed: Classes
----Psionics Unleashed: Feats and skills

And so I don't seem to be able to choose races.

My first project is to make a 4th-level Soulknife -- after choosing the form of the Mind Blade (I chose "light"), 2 Mind Blades appeared under the Weapons tab. However, the Enhanced Mind Blade feature doesn't seem to be implemented. Does this mean I'll need to write it out on the character sheet after printing it out? (I can understand this might be difficult to program, since the Soulknife can customize the Mind Blade greatly.)

Also, I noticed that the default Mind Blade was not a masterwork weapon, though the PU text says it should be treated as a masterwork. Perhaps this is a function of the same workaround?

Or is there something I'm missing? Thanks in advance!
ronaldsf is offline   #154 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:06 PM
Sorry about taking so long.....

What version of the PU files are you using?

I'll look into the Mind Blade masterwork thing......
TCArknight is offline   #155 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old February 27th, 2013, 11:18 AM
TC: I've been working with the latest verions of the the PU files. Two things leap out at me:

1) Psychic warriors can't use the craft feats due to not being considered to be spellcasters (for some odd reason I was able to use Chemosh's adjustments to qualify for Craft Wondrous).

2) In the Feral Warrior's path, the path power has the text for a path skill... and isn't giving the specific bonus powers/spells ...although, again, chemosh's adjustments allow for this.
Quintain is offline   #156 Reply With Quote
zero_traveler

Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldsf View Post
Thanks for your work on this! I am using v4.1 of Hero Lab and am trying to use the Psionics Unleashed addition to my Pathfinder RPG installation. When I go through the steps on the cheeseweasel PDF, then under "Configure Hero" I notice only the following new checkboxes:

--pPUPow
--pPUSkills
--User Content
----Psionics Unleashed: Classes
----Psionics Unleashed: Feats and skills

And so I don't seem to be able to choose races.

My first project is to make a 4th-level Soulknife -- after choosing the form of the Mind Blade (I chose "light"), 2 Mind Blades appeared under the Weapons tab. However, the Enhanced Mind Blade feature doesn't seem to be implemented. Does this mean I'll need to write it out on the character sheet after printing it out? (I can understand this might be difficult to program, since the Soulknife can customize the Mind Blade greatly.)

Also, I noticed that the default Mind Blade was not a masterwork weapon, though the PU text says it should be treated as a masterwork. Perhaps this is a function of the same workaround?

Or is there something I'm missing? Thanks in advance!
I brought the bit about the Soul knife Mind blade Enhancement up a while back, and TCArk said it was going to be in the next update.

I updated to 1.7 of the Psionics file, and immediately ran Hero lab again, looking for the fix, but I can't find one.

There is still no way to do enhanced mindblades. The workaround I proposed for the moment was to add the "Mindblade" weapons to the base weapon lists in the magic weapon creator, so that you can use the mind blade as a base, and add the special abilities onto it manually.

This wouldn't be able to keep track of how many points of enhancement you are using for straight enhance and points for Special abilities though. You'd have to do that manually, but like I said, right now, there is no way at all in Hero Lab to track this feature, which is kind of a soulknife's whole bag.
zero_traveler is offline   #157 Reply With Quote
bennowak

Old April 27th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Anyone have an ETA for Psionics Expanded? While I prefer to stick to HL as I do not have the patience to obtain, read, memorize all the books, etc. I have one fellow gamer who insists on creating real obscure characters, etc. 1/2 of our current party is out of the expanded handbook... a Duergar Vitalist and a Blue Aegis... neither of which i can include in the party on HL.
bennowak is offline   #158 Reply With Quote
mikeymike_bw

Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:40 PM
I recently installed psionics unleashed and everything is showing up in hero lab except for two races the githyanki and the githzerai
mikeymike_bw is offline   #159 Reply With Quote
mikeymike_bw

Old May 6th, 2013, 04:37 PM
does anyone know anything about the two races missing in the psionics unleashed the githyanki and the githzera there in the book but cant find them after install i have tried reinstalling any help will be appreciated
mikeymike_bw is offline   #160 Reply With Quote