Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mhossom

Old April 25th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So once you select the Encounter then you hit "import" and all the creatures are imported into HL. Once in HL you can make any changes you want to the monsters. Is that what your asking?

Sort of. I am running a party of six through Rise of the Runelords. I would like to add a level or two to some of the BBEGs and I would like to do it ahead of time rather in the middle of playing. I suppose I could mod the encounters I want and then just save the portfolio.
mhossom is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 25th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhossom View Post
Sort of. I am running a party of six through Rise of the Runelords. I would like to add a level or two to some of the BBEGs and I would like to do it ahead of time rather in the middle of playing. I suppose I could mod the encounters I want and then just save the portfolio.
I think you will need to save it as a "custom .por" file. Then during the game you could go to "Portfolio->Import Hero from Portfolio".

So far I have not seen another way to do this. You can't really modify the data in the Encounter Library. Or if so I don't know how...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
mhossom

Old April 25th, 2015, 10:19 AM
That's what I figured. Thanks for the help. The party is nearing the end of book one and things have been too easy. I need to turn up the heat a little bit.
mhossom is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 25th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhossom View Post
That's what I figured. Thanks for the help. The party is nearing the end of book one and things have been too easy. I need to turn up the heat a little bit.
Oh I agree. If you have anything but totally new players then you have to start pretty much doubling monsters and hit points. In addition I am taking away from my players characters. So this campaign is only 15 point buy and next will be 10 point buy as characters are still powerful. I also cut out about half the magic they are suppose to get. Even with that they are walking through encounters up to 4-6 CR above them. Good planning, experienced players, and working as a team will do that.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old April 25th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If anyone is interested I added Iron Gods AP as an encounter library you can download from inside of HL. If you have the community servers setup and have GM Pack installed.

I would like to have the community stuff setup as these Encounter Librarys but it means I can't host them on d20pfsrd anymore. d20pfsrd has a size limit on files, which I got around before by having several zip files per AP. So checking to see what size/bandwidths cost for putting these all up on the community server.

Another problem that may be bad is having a dozen plus new downloads show up for people in the 'Updates List'. That could get overwhelming.
Maybe it should be a separate secondary update site/link? Only GM's really need it and would love to move to this format myself.

If you need assistance in hosting, I can slice off a directory for you and give you ftp access to my webserver. I don't have size/bandwidth limits so... It's a godaddy server that I've had for 10 years and paid for the next 3 so it's not going anywhere...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 25th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Maybe it should be a separate secondary update site/link? Only GM's really need it and would love to move to this format myself.

If you need assistance in hosting, I can slice off a directory for you and give you ftp access to my webserver. I don't have size/bandwidth limits so... It's a godaddy server that I've had for 10 years and paid for the next 3 so it's not going anywhere...
That is not a bad idea actually. Then only DMs would setup the secondary URL. Defiantly will be keeping this in mind Jamz. Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old August 13th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Question for the devs, is there no sort order for Ecounter Libraries? Well, specifically the right side panel? (Left side sorts ok).

I was putting together an Encounter Library for The Emerald Spire, and I added the Random Encounter tables. For the name, I was putting the % roll and # before the actual name so I add the complete table available in one spot and could then import to correct # for said encounter.

But my list is all random, not my encounter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg encounters.JPG (111.8 KB, 15 views)

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 13th, 2015, 12:56 PM
I think it is just by the order of heros in the portfolio. Try opening one of those portfolios and clicking on the Up/down arrows on the left side of the dashboard to resort all heroes by their names. You might have to dirty the portfolio as well (add and then remove a skill rank from somebody). Resave, and see if the encounter library now lists them in the order you expect.
Aaron is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 13th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Question for the devs, is there no sort order for Ecounter Libraries? Well, specifically the right side panel? (Left side sorts ok).

I was putting together an Encounter Library for The Emerald Spire, and I added the Random Encounter tables. For the name, I was putting the % roll and # before the actual name so I add the complete table available in one spot and could then import to correct # for said encounter.

But my list is all random, not my encounter
Are you making this from scratch or using the Community Emerald Spire files?

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 13th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Alright, it seems that the order stuff shows is in the order it was created, or something unhelpful along those lines. I am told this should be changed so that it is alphabetical based on the hero name next release.
Aaron is offline   #20 Reply With Quote