Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Elltear

Old August 15th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Okay when i played a Ebberon game we had this armor that could grow such as if someone used and Enlarge Person on a party member instead of them destroyer there armor it had an attribute that it would grow with them how could i implement this in Hero lab to add to weapons and armor
Elltear is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 16th, 2015, 12:28 AM
The spell adjustment should do this automatically, since the "Enlarge Person" increases the size of all armour and weapons worn (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-sp...enlarge-person).

You can add the spell adjustment on the "Adjust" tab of your character which will increase the damage of your weapons automatically.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Elltear

Old August 16th, 2015, 02:03 AM
well the problem i'm coming across is the creature can transform naturally from medium to large and i want to make his armor and weapons to change with him the only way i have been able to fix this so far is double armor and weapons
Elltear is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 16th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elltear View Post
well the problem i'm coming across is the creature can transform naturally from medium to large and i want to make his armor and weapons to change with him the only way i have been able to fix this so far is double armor and weapons
Enlarge Person affects armor/weapon as normal for 3.5 and Pathfinder rules (ie they increase with the character). You are not the hulk that when gets bigger destroys his armor. ALL his gear increases in size to LARGE hence why so many warrior types like the spell as weapon damage increases. So the confusion is where you are saying that weapons/armor do NOT increase in size. Unless this is a specific house rule your group has.

In such a case sense HL already increases the size of armor when Enlarge Person is cast I would simply add your new Armor Item Power as text only. You can add this in the editor creating a new Item Power on the "Equipment->Item Power" tab in the editor.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Elltear

Old August 17th, 2015, 02:42 PM
alright i have a character that is affected by lycanthropy weretiger when he transform he goes from medium to large but his gear is unaffected by his personal transformation hence why i wanted to allow said character to purchase masterwork armor enchanted to grow when he grows
Elltear is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 17th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Quote:
alright i have a character that is affected by lycanthropy weretiger when he transform he goes from medium to large but his gear is unaffected by his personal transformation hence why i wanted to allow said character to purchase masterwork armor enchanted to grow when he grows
Well again in Pathfinder the gear "does" change as change shape is a Polymorph affect. And the general rule for Polymorph is that all equipment changes size.

If you look at the stat blocks for a Wearbear you will see that the Battleaxe is doing medium damage of 1d8 and when transformed it does 2d6 for a Large Creature.

So what I said still stands true. You are more than happy to make up a houserule to go against the above but if you use the Lycanthrope template in Hero Lab it will auto change the size of your gear. So something to keep in mind about how HL will handle situations.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Elltear

Old August 18th, 2015, 04:14 PM
except when yo transform in hero lab it does not change
Elltear is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 18th, 2015, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure if it'll resolve things with lycanthrope change shape stuff, but you can look forward to some improvements to how polymorph interacts with gear next release.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 18th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Quote:
except when yo transform in hero lab it does not change
Well that is strange as I thought it had been fixed long ago. So that we call a "bug". I put in a ticket for it so that it is tracked and eventually fixed.

So my bad about that as it came up in a post back in 2014. That is when I learned about the change in Polymorph for Pathfinder.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Elltear

Old August 19th, 2015, 03:29 PM
No problem I'm just glad i could find out what i was doing wrong lol
Elltear is offline   #10 Reply With Quote