Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jjacko

Old June 5th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Is there a way to disable the natural attack from the original form so there is no clash with the ones gained from the beast shape ?

Scenario:
Tiefling with a bite natural attack, which is counted as a primary attack with 1.5xSTR damage bonus, seen it is the only natural attack.
Now our tiefling uses Beast Shape into a form that ONLY has a bite attack (lets say Behemoth Hippo).
Now HL shows i have two bite attacks (the tiefling one and the hippo one) and only use 1xSTR damage bonus for them whereas only the hippo bite should be available (you lose your original form natural attack when polymorphing) with 1.5xSTR damage bonus.

While i understand everything cant be perfect, is there a way to do something to prevent this (like an adjustement from ShadowChemosh or anything else) ?

Last edited by jjacko; June 6th, 2013 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Typos
jjacko is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 5th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacko View Post
While i understand everything cant be perfect, is there a way to do something to prevent this (like an adjustement from ShadowChemosh or anything else) ?
Thats funny as the next version I plan to release will have the ability to force the damage of a Natural Attack to 1.5, 1x, or 1/2. Also to change a natural attack to a Primary or Secondary attack.

So "soon" is all I can say....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
jjacko

Old June 5th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Thats funny as the next version I plan to release will have the ability to force the damage of a Natural Attack to 1.5, 1x, or 1/2. Also to change a natural attack to a Primary or Secondary attack.

So "soon" is all I can say....
Awesome

Thanks a lot
jjacko is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old June 16th, 2013, 11:56 PM
thomaspryde: Download the file and extract it to your Hero Lab Pathfinder data folder. You can find the Pathfinder data folder by going into Hero Lab and clicking on the Tools menu, then Explore Folders, then Game System Data Folder. After you've extracted the file, you'll need to restart Hero lab. To use the adjustments, in the "Configure Your Hero" window, you'll need to check the "Wild Shape Adjustments" checkbox, which should be below "User Content." (there is a picture of this in a previous post of mine in this thread).

Jinx7027: I do not have an iPad, so I cannot say if the adjustments will work with the app. Sorry.

jjacko: Sounds like ShadowChemosh's next set of adjustments might help out. I do not anticipate releasing any further updates unless somebody finds a simple bug (like poison on something that shouldn't have it, incorrect speed, etc.). Sorry.

ShadowChemosh: Could you update the file that's on d20psfrd? It looks like the first release is what's up there.
alientude is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 17th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
ShadowChemosh: Could you update the file that's on d20psfrd? It looks like the first release is what's up there.
My bad. Thanks for the poke!

Update: Its uploaded to the d20pfsrd now....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; June 17th, 2013 at 11:50 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Argonnite

Old August 21st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx7027 View Post
After the file is created on the computer
And I transfer it to my iPad
On your new app
Will it still give me the wildshape options?

If so I am willing to pick up the bestiary packets

Thanks
Todd
I just tried it and it complained about not being able to find the wildshape files.
Argonnite is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
lowew79

Old September 29th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Wow Alientude thank you for this! What a fantastic tool! Wolf lair just pay you and sell this themselves.
lowew79 is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
blsmith71
Banned

Old January 25th, 2014, 02:19 PM
I'm trying to create a Bear Shaman Druid. Beast Shape 1-Bear seems to be missing, unless I've done something incorrect.
blsmith71 is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
pogie

Old March 6th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Was hoping someone would take pity on the computer illiterate and help me out as I really want to be able to use the wild shape options.

I purchased the Beastiary 1 package and enabled it. I have downloaded the data package and it appears to have unzipped as all of the files are showing .user except for the read me file. I have moved it into the game system folder but am not sure if I have "extracted" it as I am not sure what that means. When I restart Hero Lab, nothing is shown under user data/files so I know something is amiss.

I play using the ipad so any help to get it there would be great as well.

Thank you!
pogie is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
pogie

Old March 6th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Ahh, got it to work. The template for the Allosauras appears to be incorrect. It is listing the bite as 4d6 when it should be 2d6 and the claws as 2d8 when it should be 1d8. I am not sure if the creator is updating this or not at this time, but thanks for your work.

Last edited by pogie; March 6th, 2014 at 09:37 AM.
pogie is offline   #50 Reply With Quote