Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Please NOTE that this addon is NO LONGER supported. You can still download and install but it is not being added too. Please pick up the official "Mythic Adventures" package from Lone Wolf.

STEPS TO CONVERT FROM PLAYTEST TO OFFICIAL MYTHIC ADVENTURES
The playtest and Mythic Adventures can be loaded on to the same computer without issues.. So my advice is to install the Playtest and activate your new license for the Official Mythic. Then open your character up and do "CTRL-K" to activate the "Mythic Adventures" source for that character.

On the "Configure Your Hero" window is a new option, after you turn on mythic adventures, to say your character is mythic so click that on. A new "Mythic" Tab will appear. I would carefully move all your settings of mythic on the Class tab over to the new "Mythic" tab. Once done remove the Mythic Class levels and archetypes.

Then save your character and go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and remove the play test package. Once removed restart HL and open your character. You will get error messages about "missing" sources. This is ok and easy to fix. Go to "Portfolio->Strip Missing Sources" and then save your character.

Its not transferred over to the official rules. Sorry its a few steps but it works.

THIS IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED
So the Mythic playtest addon is finally ready for everyone!!

This is 100% free and all it requires is the "CORE" installation of HL no extra data packages are required.

How to Install?
Like most of our community packages we now use the Powered by HL feature. If you already have the community one setup just start HL and click "Find Updates" and look for "d20pfsrd - Mythic Playtest".

First time with community packages? Then just follow these 3 easy steps:
1) Please see THIS pdf document. It will go over the couple steps needed to setup the Updates feature.
2) The URL you need to input is:
Code:
http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20pfsrd/updates.xml
3) Restart Hero Lab and click on the Find Updates button and near the bottom of the list you will find the new "d20pfsrd - Mythic Playtest" available.

Whats included?
  • Mythic Tiers - This is a class you find on the "Classes" tab.
  • Mythic Paths - Done as archetypes and found under the archetype section of the "Classes" tab.
  • Path Abilities - 98% coded and working. A couple like Precision are not currently working.
  • Mythic Feats - 100% finished and coded.
  • Mythic Magic - 100% finished and coded.
  • Mythic Spells - 100% finished and coded.
  • Magic Items - All inputted some scripting still needed.
  • Mythic Monsters - 100% finished and coded. Go to "Portfolios->Import Stock Hero" and select "Mythic Monsters" to pull them in.
  • Templates - All except Mythic Vampire are in and working.
TO-DO
  • Templates (Arcane, Divine) - Not 100% implemented as they don't correctly calculate the DC of spells or the correct number to pick.
  • Templates not done: Mythic Vampire.
  • Precision ability removes the -5 attack penalty on iterative attacks. Don't think this can be done. Hmm found some interesting ideas with Helper.ExtraHigh.
  • (FIXED) Intelligence-boosting items past level 20+ may not be calculating correctly.
  • (FIXED) The Armor Master ability for the Champion does not seem to be working.
  • (FIXED) Not every single ability is 100% coded. But a good amount are as I did the ones I could could very quickly and left the others to be finished up in phase 2.
  • (FIXED) Bonus HP should only happen once when using Dual Path. Not sure how to fix right now.
KNOWN-ISSUES
  • Extra Hit Point - Found a strange issue I can't currently fix. If in the "Configure Your Hero" window for "HP Options" you have checked "Average HPs at New Levels" and then add a Mythic Tier you will gain an extra hit point. Current work around is to "uncheck" this option then add your Mythic Tier and then you can turn it back on.
  • Path Dabbler (trickster ability) - Has no way to currently allow selection of just "one" other class path ability.
  • (FIXED HL 4.1b)If you have multiple "Paths" (ie Archetypes) added to your character and you try to remove one HL can/could crash hard. The next update to HL will have this fixed.
EDITOR INFO
Please see THIS post in the User Project section of this forum if you want info on doing stuff to this data set.

SPECIAL THANKS
Jai (AKA Umarian) - For inputting all the Path abilities, magic items, and for doing the monsters. I would be a week later getting this out without his help.
Jason (AKA Tizzar) - For his excellent beta testing of the package. Dozens and dozens of issues found by this guy. Awesome job!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; April 4th, 2014 at 10:47 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Version History

v1.11 - May 5, 2013
  • Fixed old file that got into the package and did Raise Dead on the "incorrect attribute increase" vermin monster.
  • Also fixed the incorrect version number of 1.09 that was showing for v1.10. It now correctly shows v1.11 in the Configure Your Hero window.
v1.10 - May 5, 2013
  • Fixed "cMaPGrePow" "Greater Power" to not throw error when the update is turned on.
  • Fix to the "Mythic Magic" procedure to actually find ALL classes. This will prevent incorrect notice of the mythic spells not valid error message some classes where getting.
V1.9 - February 13, 2013
  • Fixed issue where the Attribute increase every 4 levels was sometimes giving an error message about having too many.
V1.8 - January 31, 2013
  • Removed the "Source" on the Mythic Playtest Mechanic. This prevents the odd error on a character load about the mechanic not being live.
  • Found a few strange cases where a Feat/Trait picked up the Mythic Tiers as levels still causing some totals to be off. These tags have been fixed to prevent the Tier from being seen as a class or Hit Dice.
V1.7 - December 24, 2012
  • Added in Jason Bulmahn forum post of updated rules from 12/21/12. This is a new source that you have to turn on in the "Configure Your Hero" window. This way groups can decide to use these changes or not as they see fit.
  • To use these new rules on an existing character open your .por file. Then press "CTRL-K" and then click on "Mythic Playtest: Update 12/21/12".
  • The "Mythic" template will now add a 2nd tab called "Mythic Abilities" that allows one to choose Mythic Path abilities. I am leaving it up to the DM to figure out the correct abilities to select as some path abilities don't make sense for Monsters.
  • I have created a post that shows how you can add your own Monster Abilities that are selectable from the "Mythic" template.
  • Redid the sources a little to add in the new "Update 12/21/2012" rule changes.
  • Added a warning message and note for the "Dual Focus" feat that it should not be taken or swapped out if you are now using the 12/21/2012 rule updates.
  • New "Mythic Power" adjustment added that lets you up/down the number of mythic power points per day your character has.
V1.6 - December 6, 2012
  • Fixed skill points for humans that where still getting their racial bonus skill point for Mythic Tiers. Sorry this means humans with Mythic Tiers will have "overspent" skill points after you install this update.
  • Known Issue - Found a strange issue I can't currently fix. If in the "Configure Your Hero" window for "HP Options" you have checked "Average HPs at New Levels" and then add a Mythic Tier you will gain an extra hit point. Current work around is to "un-check" this option then add your Mythic Tier and then you can turn it back on.
V1.5 - December 2, 2012
  • Fixed skill points to correctly total in all cases including when using Int boosting items. In most cases after this update you will have "More" skill points to spend on the "Skills" tab. This is correct now.
  • When you have more than one mythic path the "Bonus Hit Point" class ability will give a choice to Enable/Disable. This lets you turn off the extra HP's you want. This gives the control fully into the end-gamers hands and I think works out the best.
V1.4 - November 27, 2012
  • Emergency fix of Mythic Power die size was always showing 2d8 instead of the correct amount at tier 1.
V1.3 - November 27, 2012
  • Finished scripting all Path abilities. This includes even just some helper text when the bonus is a situational modifier.
  • Added a note for the couple abilities I can't actually script.
V1.2 - November 24, 2012
  • Added templates: Invincible and Savage.
  • Fixed some calculations on the Divine/Arcane templates to correctly go to MR2 with enough Hit Dice.
  • Mythic Tier will now give a error message if no Path has been taken. This should help remind gamers new to this addon what they need to do. Thanks "Lord Magus" for this suggestion.
  • Improved the "Flaws" to be fully scripted and have more accurate choices for "Material Weakness".
  • Scripted up the Universal Path Abilities to have activations now that affect your character.
V1.1 - November 23, 2012
  • Added in "Mythic Tier" header in the Archetype list. Thanks Mathias for providing the RAW XML. This allows for the Paths to correctly display under the "Mythic Tier" class header now.
  • Tested against Pathfinder v7.4 including against the "Inner Sea Bestiary" package.
V1.0 - November 23, 2012
  • Released to the community.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; May 5th, 2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: New Version Released.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
This post goes over how to add your own "Monster Abilities" that will be selectable from the "Mythic Template".

To do this you will have to use the editor but don't have to do any scripting. For more details on using the editor see FAQ#2.
  1. Start the editor "Tools->Launch Editor"
  2. "File->New Data File"
  3. "File->Save Data File"
  4. Give this file a meaningful name like "My Mythic Houserules" and press save.
  5. Click on the "R Cust Special" tab.
  6. Click on the blue button bottom left "New (Blank)".
  7. Your cursor will be at the "Name" box where it shows "????". Change this to the name of your ability.
  8. Tab over to "Unique ID" and remove the "?" leaving "rc". After "rc" Type in a unique 8 digit set of characters. This should be something that matches the name of your ability.
  9. In the big "Description Text" text area type in the full info about this ability.
  10. Look for drop down box called "Available to Race" and in the drop down select "Mythic Abilities".
  11. Top Left corner click on "Test Now!". Answer yes to any "save" questions.
  12. You should get a nice message saying your "Thing is ready for use".
  13. Open up your Mythic Monster with the "Mythic Template" and your new ability will now be choose-able from the list on the "Mythic Abilities" tab.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; December 24th, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Xorial

Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Downloading now. Just in time to convert the old Santa Claus material from WotC using Mythic stuff. :P

Lo, there do I see my Father..
Lo, there do I see my Mother
And my Sisters and my Brothers..
Lo, there do I see the line
Of my people back to the beginning..
Thay do bid me to take my place among them..
In the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the Brave may live forever.
Xorial is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If you have multiple "Paths" (ie Archetypes) added to your character and you try to remove one HL can/could crash hard.
If you have a saved character that reliably produces this crash when one of its archetypes is removed, could you send it in, please?
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorial View Post
Downloading now. Just in time to convert the old Santa Claus material from WotC using Mythic stuff. :P
Nice! If you find anything feel free to report it here. It already maybe something I know about or an ability that is not scripted but its good to be on the safe side and report it. Plus it will let others know about the issue who maybe are also questioning something.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; November 23rd, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If you have a saved character that reliably produces this crash when one of its archetypes is removed, could you send it in, please?
Yep Colen already knows about it and had a beta fix in like 5 hrs. The guy is a machine! Just I wanted this out the door and not sure when the next HL release will be. Shouldn't come up often so I thought it was safe to release. =)

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Here's the XML for one of the headers in the archetypes table. Hopefully that's enough to let you create a header for your paths.

Code:
<thing id="arHdCleric" name="Cleric" compset="ClassVary" uniqueness="unique" isshowonly="yes">
  <link linkage="varies" thing="cHelpClr"/>
  </thing>
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Here's the XML for one of the headers in the archetypes table. Hopefully that's enough to let you create a header for your paths.
Sweet! That worked perfect. Thanks Mathias!!!!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 23rd, 2012, 06:34 PM
Reposting question to help others that could have same question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asandir View Post
Selected the Dual Path. Is it setup to allow the character to select another Mythic Path?
Yes it is but I can't suppress HL's warning about taking a Archetype past tier 1. But simply add the path and you will get no warnings after its added to your character.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote