Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Maquiscat

Old June 12th, 2016, 07:24 AM
I am adding Dervish as a PrC, and they receive an AC bonus similar to the Monk's. I have managed to overall add the ability, but it is supposed to apply even to being flatfooted. I looked at the Monk's AC bonus and the Monk class itself, but I could not find anything obvious that would allow the AC bonus to also be applied to the flatfooted AC value. Where do I make this adjustment?
Maquiscat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 12th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Go to "Develop->Floating Info Windows->Show Selection Fields". In the new window find and check mark "Armor Class (ArmorClass)" and press OK. This is the Pick that makes up the fields off Armor Class. Do you see any fields that you can add to for Flat Footed AC?

I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Maquiscat

Old June 12th, 2016, 10:09 AM
I am doing this in the editor, and it doesn't have that menu path. Looking at the main program, yes see that but it is graded out.

A lot of tutorials I find, including the one that comes with the editor, seem to be created with an older version in mind. Layout doesn't look the same and it is harder to find things.

I might have found something with scripting that will do the trick, but other options might be helpful.
Maquiscat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 12th, 2016, 10:10 AM
The very first item in the Develop menu is "Enable Data File Debugging". Make sure that's checked, and then you'll be able to follow ShadowChemosh's instructions.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 12th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquiscat View Post
I am doing this in the editor, and it doesn't have that menu path. Looking at the main program, yes see that but it is graded out.
The videos walk you through this. This step has never changed. Click the 'Enable Data File Debugging'. VERY important to have this enabled to work in HL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquiscat View Post
A lot of tutorials I find, including the one that comes with the editor, seem to be created with an older version in mind. Layout doesn't look the same and it is harder to find things.
Yes the UI has changed a little over time. The basic ideas are 100% still valid in the videos and tutorials.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Maquiscat

Old June 12th, 2016, 11:16 AM
OK so this seems to work. If anyone sees something wrong with how this would react with other classes and such, please let me know. Posting this for anyone else who might have had this question.

I found an AC Bonus for some class with the ID of cSDeAC that is as follows:
Quote:
field[listname].text = field[thingname].text & " +" & field[xIndex].value

~ only run the rest for the first copy
doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)

~ If we're not shown, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

field[abValue].value += field[xCount].value
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDodge].value += field[abValue].value

field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " +" & field[abValue].value
I then made the following change to the script:

Quote:
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDodge].value += field[abValue].value

hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACFlat].value += field[abValue].value

field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " +" & field[abValue].value
So it seems that since Dodge is not counted towards Flatfoot then it is fine to just only add the bonus to Flatfooted. Any flaws in my logic or script?
Maquiscat is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 12th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Wouldn't the only thing in the first script that needs to be changed be the Dodge to FF? You will need those stop script logic or your script will fire at level 1 not for example level 3 if placed there.

XCount is the number times we are bootstrapped to the Class. If you only need this once (i.e. Like a Monk) then you don't want to use xCount. You want to use the attribute like Wisdom right? I am asking because you did'nt give allot of information in your first post.

If it's just like a Monk's ability I am confused why you can't just use the monk class feature directly? Or use its scripts as is?

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Maquiscat

Old June 12th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Wouldn't the only thing in the first script that needs to be changed be the Dodge to FF? You will need those stop script logic or your script will fire at level 1 not for example level 3 if placed there.
The class feature applies an AC bonus that also applies to Touch and Flatfooted AC's, not just Flatfooted. So I needed to account for both.

Quote:
XCount is the number times we are bootstrapped to the Class. If you only need this once (i.e. Like a Monk) then you don't want to use xCount. You want to use the attribute like Wisdom right? I am asking because you did'nt give allot of information in your first post.
Sorry, about that. The class feature is not tied to any attribute as the Monk's is. That is why I selected the other one which was a straight addition. I don't even know what class it is.

Quote:
If it's just like a Monk's ability I am confused why you can't just use the monk class feature directly? Or use its scripts as is?
Looking a little deeper in the books, the Monk class is both the Wisdom bonus and a straight bonus. I'll now have to go back an see if that scripting is any better for hitting both flatfooted and touch AC's
Maquiscat is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Maquiscat

Old June 12th, 2016, 03:07 PM
Just confirmed. The Monk AC bonus also uses XCount for where it increases in level.
Maquiscat is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 12th, 2016, 03:36 PM
So are you good? It's really hard to follow what your asking or need help with.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote