Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mcargent

Old October 4th, 2013, 10:25 PM
I was hoping to get the code for the "Dynamic Priest" feat, that would be compatible with the Pathfinder rules. Any help would be appreciated.
mcargent is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 4th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Yea going to have to explain more. Where is "Dynamic Priest" feat from? Are you trying to script this in HL or what because saying you want the code makes it sound like its already done somewhere but I can't find this on d20pfsrd. Was this done in the d20 version of HL? If it was it will have to be created from scratch in Pathfinder then as d20 and Pathfinder are not compatible software.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 5th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcargent View Post
I was hoping to get the code for the "Dynamic Priest" feat, that would be compatible with the Pathfinder rules. Any help would be appreciated.
Are you referring to the feat from the Dragonlance book, Legend of the Twins? The one that swaps bonus spells per level from Wisdom to Charisma?

I don't remember the exact details of the feat off the top of my head, but if I am not mistaken that is what it does. You might want to consider building it as an archetype in Pathfinder instead of a feat and just having the archetype handle the spell attribute reassignment. I'd need to see the full feat for details and I no longer have a copy of that book that it comes from on hand.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; October 5th, 2013 at 01:01 AM.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mcargent

Old October 6th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Yer going to have to explain more. Where is "Dynamic Priest" feat from? Are you trying to script this in HL or what because saying you want the code makes it sound like its already done somewhere but I can't find this on d20pfsrd. Was this done in the d20 version of HL?
It's a feat from "Legend of the Twins", which is d20. I had assumed that d20 and Pathfinder were similar enough that it could be ported from one to the other. It was done as a d20 feat for Hero Lab.

Quote:
Are you referring to the feat from the Dragonlance book, Legend of the Twins? The one that swaps bonus spells per level from Wisdom to Charisma?

I don't remember the exact details of the feat off the top of my head, but if I am not mistaken that is what it does. You might want to consider building it as an archetype in Pathfinder instead of a feat and just having the archetype handle the spell attribute reassignment. I'd need to see the full feat for details and I no longer have a copy of that book that it comes from on hand.
You hit it right on the head. From "Legend of the Twins" and it swaps bonus spells per level from Wisdom to Charisma. Here's the text:
Quote:
Benefit: For the purpose of determining bonus divine spells per day and maximum divine spell level, your primary spellcasting ability is Charisma. If you have more than one divine spellcasting class, the bonus applies to only one of those classes. Your spell save DCs are not affected by this change.
Special: You may only take this feat as a 1st-level character. If you take this feat more than once, it applies to a different divine spellcasting class each time. You may take this feat even if you have no divine spellcasting classes yet.
If anyone can give pointers on doing this as either a feat or an Archetype, I'm open to either idea. Given time, I can figure it out myself, but that's given a lot of time, not a little.
mcargent is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 6th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
It's a feat from "Legend of the Twins", which is d20. I had assumed that d20 and Pathfinder were similar enough that it could be ported from one to the other. It was done as a d20 feat for Hero Lab.
Nope the software that runs the two games are totally different. The XML can not be just copy/pasted over.
Quote:
If anyone can give pointers on doing this as either a feat or an Archetype, I'm open to either idea. Given time, I can figure it out myself, but that's given a lot of time, not a little.
I would advise an archetype that you use to actually do the mechanics. Still make the feat up so it can be added to the character.

First stop is read the Glossary of Terms.

Then see FAQ#2 about the editor. I would advise watching at least the first video which introduces how to start the editor and make your first .user file.

Then on the "Archetype" tab in the editor do a "New (Blank)".
1) At the top give it a "Name".
2) enter a "Unique ID" by changing ar? to something that matches your name using arXXXXXXX where XXX is the 8 characters to make the id unique.
3) Set "Class to modify." to Cleric. Or whatever class we are changing I assume cleric.
4) Set "Override Spell Attribute" to be Charisma.
5) Bottom right press "Save".
6) Top Left press "Test Now!"
7) Add a level of cleric.
8) Add your new archetype.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mcargent

Old October 7th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the advice.

I didn't expect it to be that easy. I've played with the editor to make custom items, custom abilities, and custom prestige classes, and even custom races for Savage Worlds, just never an archetype, so I expected it to be difficult along the lines of the custom races for Savage Worlds.
mcargent is offline   #6 Reply With Quote