Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ancient

Old January 8th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I want to remove Banded Armor, but i don't know how. What "source" i need to enter? Precluding stuff from known sources is easy, just for the core material i dont' know the source (and i need to enter something).
ancient is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
thaimletches

Old January 9th, 2011, 02:10 AM
This should be easy enough. In the editor, on the armor tab click New (Copy). Scroll until you find 'Banded Armor'. Don't hit okay to create a copy, but take not of the unique item id. With that id, head over to the preclude tab and add it.

That should be it, but I may be wrong and as I don't have a computer capable of running HL immediately in front of me, I can't check to make sure.
thaimletches is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 9th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Pretty close. Using the *Preclude tab means you are associating removing stuff when a Source is activated. In this case you would want to create a New source for say "ancient's CORE house rules" then use this new ID when entering the *Preclude info combined with what thaimletches said.

So go to the Simple Tab and create a new simple thing with a unique ID of say "_srchlder". Then click on Edit next to the Sources. Click on "-New Source-" and press Ok. Enter a Source Name(ie Desc), Unique Id(example srcAncient) and press Ok. Then do a Test Now! to make it.

Now using this new Source ID(srcAncient) you can have it setup so that when its activated your Banded Mail becomes invalid using the *Preclude tab.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ancient

Old January 9th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaimletches View Post
This should be easy enough. In the editor, on the armor tab click New (Copy). Scroll until you find 'Banded Armor'. Don't hit okay to create a copy, but take not of the unique item id. With that id, head over to the preclude tab and add it.

That should be it, but I may be wrong and as I don't have a computer capable of running HL immediately in front of me, I can't check to make sure.
This doesn't work, because i NEED to enter a Source ID and I don't know the ID. It works for example for APG material, not for Core.
ancient is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ancient

Old January 9th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Hope that helps.
It did, thanks. Impossible to find out alone.
ancient is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ancient

Old January 9th, 2011, 12:45 PM
another question: Any idea how to get the "unique id" of an item other than by the "new (copy)" dialog? The problem is, that the window of the dialog is too small and the id is only shown by the first 2-3 characters. I didn't see another option to get the idea.
ancient is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM
In the main HL window go to "Develop->Enable Data File Debugging". Now when you right click on the "?" of a Thing you get new options. One of these is to Copy Unique ID. Plus it will show it too you.

With the new option you can also look at each Thing's tags and fields now to really starting understanding what HL is storing in the background.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 10th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Above each scripting window, press the Find Thing button, then narrow its search parameters down to the category of Ids you're looking for. Double click on a thing to add it's Id to the script you're working on, where you left the cursor.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote