Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LazarX

Old June 7th, 2017, 08:44 AM
I'm working on building the classes for the LSJ campaign and I'm currently working on the Noble Class.

The Noble has a class ability called "Sphere of Influence" which is structured like the Ranger Class ability save that it gives improving bonuses to social skills in areas of influence, i.e. cities, nations, the way favored enemy works on creature types.

I've tried looking at copies of the ranger class, but still have no idea on how to build this.
LazarX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 7th, 2017, 12:09 PM
There is a "Favored Community" ability that certain archetypes get, perhaps you could look to that?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old June 7th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
There is a "Favored Community" ability that certain archetypes get, perhaps you could look to that?
That's new to me, I'll look into that, thanks.
LazarX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old June 9th, 2017, 11:05 PM
No luck there, I still don't know how to integrate the ability into the class.

Short form: I want to put an ability that's structured like Favored Enemy/Terrain where you can upgrade previous bonuses, but the ability affects social skills. I also need to put in an ability that gives a class level/2 bonus to a skill.
LazarX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 10th, 2017, 02:18 AM
I've got a class ability or two based on existing code that increases on a regular basis. If I'm correct, what you want is to choose which "skills" get the increase - is that right? If so, I haven't worked out a way to do that, but I want the same thing for another ability - so if you work it out, can you post your code!

Last edited by Dami; June 10th, 2017 at 02:32 AM.
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 10th, 2017, 09:22 AM
I created a quick "example 1" class in the attached .user file that duplicates the Fav Enemey logic without actually using the built in HL Fav Enemy components. I did this because Fav Enemy components are not exposed at all in the editor and you would be forced to work at the XML level. If I get time in the future maybe I will add a editor tab for Fav Enemy/Terrain but that will take longer than I have currently.

Add the attached .user file to your HL and start HL. Then add the class 'Example 1'. Then on the "Example 1" tab you have the ability to add a new "Fav Enemy Chooser". This represents your nobles skills or anything else you want to be chosen. You could even code this to have a dropdown of skills after being added....

You can see the ability has a +2 bonus at this level. Now then increase the class level to 3. At level 3 you can add a new 'fav enemy chooser' and the drop down on the "Fav Enemy Upgrade 1" ability allows you to chose an ability to upgrade.

After adding a new Fav Enemy and selecting one to upgrade I have one with a +4 bonus and one with a +2 bonus.

Hope that helps....
Attached Files
File Type: email ~Favored Enemy.user (3.3 KB, 6 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old June 10th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I created a quick "example 1" class in the attached .user file that duplicates the Fav Enemey logic without actually using the built in HL Fav Enemy components. I did this because Fav Enemy components are not exposed at all in the editor and you would be forced to work at the XML level. If I get time in the future maybe I will add a editor tab for Fav Enemy/Terrain but that will take longer than I have currently.

Add the attached .user file to your HL and start HL. Then add the class 'Example 1'. Then on the "Example 1" tab you have the ability to add a new "Fav Enemy Chooser". This represents your nobles skills or anything else you want to be chosen. You could even code this to have a dropdown of skills after being added....

You can see the ability has a +2 bonus at this level. Now then increase the class level to 3. At level 3 you can add a new 'fav enemy chooser' and the drop down on the "Fav Enemy Upgrade 1" ability allows you to chose an ability to upgrade.

After adding a new Fav Enemy and selecting one to upgrade I have one with a +4 bonus and one with a +2 bonus.

Hope that helps....
Thank you much. Another avenue for a quick and dirty route was to make a copy of your Favored Terrain adjustments and figure out the skill logic choices.
LazarX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old June 10th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Update. I renamed the file to remove the special character in front. droped in my game system folder and restarted herolab. The only thing I'm finding is a Favored Enemy and Terrain count adjuster. It does put in the counter, but it still doesn't let me adjust the skills and targets (which I would put in as a write in field.
LazarX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 10th, 2017, 01:19 PM
I dont understand your comments about adjustments. The file I attached is a "class" that mimics Fav Enemy. ;

Here is what I said.;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post

Hope that helps....
This is an Example. Once you understand the logic you can then adapt it into your own class...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old June 10th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
Update. I renamed the file to remove the special character in front. droped in my game system folder and restarted herolab. The only thing I'm finding is a Favored Enemy and Terrain count adjuster. It does put in the counter, but it still doesn't let me adjust the skills and targets (which I would put in as a write in field.
Never mind, I found the class Example 1 and I've also opened the file in both wordpad and the herolab editor. It looks like I've got to create other things to make it happen?
LazarX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote