Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old February 17th, 2015, 10:51 PM
I tried to load a friend's portfolio this morning, and it reported
"One or more required sources are not accessible for hero ..."

But it didn't tell me which ones are missing! Please can HeroLab be updated to report the missing Sources (since it appears that information exists in the saved file)>

It is referring to two picks which it needs ("has been orphaned due to missing thing.."), but I can't find a way to see which source might have those tags.

drUmbrUnma
trBldyMind
Farling is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old February 18th, 2015, 05:41 AM
trBldyMind stands for the trait (you can identify it is a trait by the starting tr part) bloody-minded if you look at the bottom you can see it appears in Champions of corruption.

drUmbrunma stands for the drawback (identifiable by the dr) Umbral Unmasking which comes from the same source.

With the information about the identifier I looked them up in the editor (I have all sources besides the bestiaries already tho) and then looking up the name on d20pfsrd. The other way would be guessing what the full name of the thing might be from the abbreviation or asking which traits/drawbacks (in this case) the player used.

I must admit the request isn't a bad one to show the actual source you need to prevent these steps.

Last edited by Togainu; February 18th, 2015 at 06:06 AM.
Togainu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old February 18th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Whilst it should be easy enough to manage for the official packages, it would be limited by the fact that there is no way to cover the community sources or other userfiles as the very fact they were missing would prevent the software finding out what they were.

As noted by Togainu, it is also fairly easy to find the details already if you're willing to look in the editor.

Therefore, whilst I could see uses for it, I wouldn't see it as a priority item...
Portilis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 18th, 2015, 10:46 AM
The portfolio file contains a long list of "<needsource source="...">, so it should be possible to have the error message report the missing sources, rather than just saying that some sources are missing.
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old February 18th, 2015, 11:24 AM
The "missing sources" comes in two flavours - one is where you haven't bought an official pack (whilst will currently include the "one or more required sources is not available"), the other is where you don't have the files required for the source.

If it is an article from the LWD sold packs (and therefore would currently have the "not available" note), it could grab the source tag from it and use that to get the book in question. Unfortunately, if it's something from the community packs it won't be able to do this, as if you don't have the pack it is actually reporting that the article doesn't exist in your copy - and you can't grab information that isn't there.

That said, I agree it'd be nice to see for the official packs
Portilis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 18th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portilis View Post
If it is an article from the LWD sold packs (and therefore would currently have the "not available" note), it could grab the source tag from it and use that to get the book in question. Unfortunately, if it's something from the community packs it won't be able to do this, as if you don't have the pack it is actually reporting that the article doesn't exist in your copy - and you can't grab information that isn't there.
Mostly valid except the "Source" including its "ID" and "text" is stored directly inside of the .por file. So it could say "X" is missing ID from source "xxxxxx" where "xxxxx" is the saved text from the community package.

Farling mentions this above it is stored as an XML element in the .por. So why you wouldn't get more than Unique ID and a "source text" it would be a little more helpful.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote