Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

psych777

Old May 7th, 2014, 10:28 PM
my soulknife is getting Psionic Talent automatically

edit: guess i should mention the psionic talent didn't show up until i selected the race (maenad), and that it still shows the Wild Talent is there...and looks like it is adding the Power Points from both...i created new portfolio, added soulknife, added race, and nothing else and am showing 4 PP.

Last edited by psych777; May 7th, 2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: additional info
psych777 is offline   #211 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old May 7th, 2014, 11:57 PM
maybe i'm just going insane...i could have sworn the other day when i was able to select Crystallized Skin that it correctly added to my Armor Class.

today i add it and instead of changing my Defense from 11 to 12, it adds a Armor DR: 1/magic or Large
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crystallized.jpg (283.1 KB, 3 views)
psych777 is offline   #212 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old May 8th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The Astral Suit is controlled by a "Configurable". So for your archetype to get access to it you need to bootstrap "cfgPUAstSu".
Ok, cool. I was able to add the configurable as you directed. Next question. A bit more involved.

IN Ultimate Psionics, there is an Aberrant Archetype for the Aegis. He gets a version of astral suit called transformed body. This is all well and good. What I need is to create a next-version of transformed body that doesn't have as many abilities as transformed body (like natural armor bonuses), and having access only to the aberrant subset of customizations.

Is there any simple way to create new astral suit types? I want to create a duplicate of Astral Skin (Transformed Body) that gives customizations, but nothing else. I also want to remove access to all other astral suit types.

Edit: I was able to create a new astral skin version and removed all the bootstrapped customizations. The only thing that remains is removing access to the other astral suit types. I tried to expressly remove them using "removed class abilities" area of the archetype in the Editor.. but that doesn't seem to be working.

Last edited by Quintain; May 8th, 2014 at 11:50 AM.
Quintain is offline   #213 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old May 8th, 2014, 12:28 PM
I was able to figure out the class special/configurable/race cust special linkage...now I just have to copy and modify the customization list for the Aberrant.

For future-proofing -- are you and TArcknight planning on making the Aberrant archetype with just a different type of Astral suit.. or replacing the astral suit altogether in Hero Lab?

P.S. Two more quiestions -- is there any way to remove access to any of the astral suit types from within an archetype?

Second, is there a way to make a particular racial cust special available to more than just one race or is it a 1 to 1 relationship?
Quintain is offline   #214 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 8th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych777 View Post
my soulknife is getting Psionic Talent automatically

edit: guess i should mention the psionic talent didn't show up until i selected the race (maenad), and that it still shows the Wild Talent is there...and looks like it is adding the Power Points from both...i created new portfolio, added soulknife, added race, and nothing else and am showing 4 PP.
Yep this was reported in the post just before you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych777 View Post
maybe i'm just going insane...i could have sworn the other day when i was able to select Crystallized Skin that it correctly added to my Armor Class.

today i add it and instead of changing my Defense from 11 to 12, it adds a Armor DR: 1/magic or Large
Looks like your using the Variant Armor as DR option from UC? I am not that familiar with that variant rule actually. I will have to look into it to see how that works out with increasing natural armor.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #215 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 8th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
IN Ultimate Psionics, there is an Aberrant Archetype for the Aegis. He gets a version of astral suit called transformed body. This is all well and good. What I need is to create a next-version of transformed body that doesn't have as many abilities as transformed body (like natural armor bonuses), and having access only to the aberrant subset of customizations.

Is there any simple way to create new astral suit types? I want to create a duplicate of Astral Skin (Transformed Body) that gives customizations, but nothing else. I also want to remove access to all other astral suit types.

Edit: I was able to create a new astral skin version and removed all the bootstrapped customizations. The only thing that remains is removing access to the other astral suit types. I tried to expressly remove them using "removed class abilities" area of the archetype in the Editor.. but that doesn't seem to be working.
I have not looked at the archetypes yet for UP. My thought right now would be to override the Configurable's search expression for what "Suit Types" would display. That is a bit of an advanced method.

An easier way would be to put a pre-req on the Suit's to Show if they are valid or not. So the list would always show "all suit types" including these Aberrant types. Then the pre-req script would say if its valid to take this suit or not. So the Aberrant suits would only be valid if you had the Aberrant archetype.

Honestly this an off the cuff idea as I have not looked at the archetype or read even how it works. So based on the wording in UP I could go a different way.

Quote:
Second, is there a way to make a particular racial cust special available to more than just one race or is it a 1 to 1 relationship?
Honestly I am not sure. I have never tried but I "assume" you can by simply manually adding the tag for the Race on the "tags" button. But it would require some testing to see what happened.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #216 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old May 8th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Looks like your using the Variant Armor as DR option from UC? I am not that familiar with that variant rule actually. I will have to look into it to see how that works out with increasing natural armor.
ahhh!!!
i had just turned that on recently to see what it did but hadn't noticed a diff so it didn't connect as the culprit here. but just turned it off and immediately the defense went to 12 as expected. thanks!
psych777 is offline   #217 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old May 9th, 2014, 04:39 AM
Tim,

The aberrant's archetype ability that replaces the astral suit is, mechanically, the same as an astral skin that gives progressive natural armor bonuses as bootstrapped abilities +1 at level 1 and +1 at ever level evenly divisible by 5 (5, 10, 15, 20), etc.

I like having every option listed but only certain ones "available".

The reason I'm asking is that I'm working on a project for Multi-class Archetypes for Psionic classes...the first of which is the Aegis. So we'll have multiple archetypes that modify the Form Astral Suit ability in individual ways. If we could build the ability and it's configurable in a way that would allow for multiple types of astral suits, it would be preferable, I think.

Oh, and FYI, The Psychic Warrior has spellcraft as a class skill. It currently does not in the latest version of the files.

Last edited by Quintain; May 9th, 2014 at 04:44 AM.
Quintain is offline   #218 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 9th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Will try and make them easy to modify when we put in the Archetypes. Will do our best.

Quote:
Oh, and FYI, The Psychic Warrior has spellcraft as a class skill. It currently does not in the latest version of the files.
Thanks for the bug report.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #219 Reply With Quote
catman123456

Old May 12th, 2014, 09:39 AM
When I select the dread I can't get any of the bonus feats.
catman123456 is offline   #220 Reply With Quote