Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

mallardduck

Old January 16th, 2012, 04:14 PM
The Carrion Crown adventure path has +1 ghost touch arrows as a magic item, but it throws a flag in HL (melee weapon prerequisite).
mallardduck is offline   #231
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 16th, 2012, 04:46 PM
On pg 469 of the Core Rulebook, ghost touch is listed among the available powers for melee weapons, but not listed among the available powers for Ranged weapons.
Mathias is online now   #232
mallardduck

Old January 16th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Yep, understand that - Paizo broke their own rules. Is it possible to add the special item in the carrion crown adventure path content?
mallardduck is offline   #233
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 16th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallardduck View Post
Yep, understand that - Paizo broke their own rules. Is it possible to add the special item in the carrion crown adventure path content?
Its just a warning. Hero Lab does not stop you from doing something "illegal" by the rules. I have a player in a my group with the same issue and we just ignore the warning as we know its valid for CC in this specific case.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #234
Vassago Embrace

Old January 17th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago Embrace View Post
Hi guys, I just downloaded the demo version of herolab.

It seems I can use the tactical console for actual play.

I have a couple of issues with the "adjust" tab. For example, I cannot find neither the bane nor the guidance spell for example.

Am I missing out something?

Would you recommend the tactical console for actual play? Is it complete, can I really keep track of everything happening in the game (including tricky things like spell effects etc.?)

Thanks!
Anyone?
Vassago Embrace is offline   #235
ShadowChemosh

Old January 17th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
I have a couple of issues with the "adjust" tab. For example, I cannot find neither the bane nor the guidance spell for example.
Looks like Bane got missed somehow when doing the CORE spells. You could for now easily replicate it with a single adjustment that gives a -1 to Attack. The fear part is circumstantial so nothing to be done for that but to remember to add it.

For Guidance its a +1 bonus on a single d20 roll. Having an adjustment for it would be a little confusing as it would have to add the +1 to "everything". Seems just as easy to simply add +1 to the d20 roll when used. Though at the same time it "should" be there so it can be tracked.

Quote:
Would you recommend the tactical console for actual play? Is it complete, can I really keep track of everything happening in the game (including tricky things like spell effects etc.?)
I know many people that do use it and it works great. The DM for my current CC campaign is using it and he would be so lost I think without it now. Especially last game when the BBEG cast summon monster and got 3 dire rats. Boom couple of mouse clicks and they where added to the tactical console and combat moved right along.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #236
Virtue

Old January 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Im sure this has been reported wondering if there is no way for it be fixed

When I do printings of my characters who has to many attacks the entire attack row becomes all jumbled and prints overtop of its self so we cant see the damage and other parts of the attack

When I do printings with the option checked for the full discription of abilities and feats it only shows three lines worth of text is their any way to change this?

If these are unreported errors then thats a plus too
Virtue is offline   #237
egg_green

Old January 17th, 2012, 02:48 PM
The text for the Wounding weapon ability is incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Lab
Wounding: A wounding weapon deals 1 point of Constitution damage from blood loss when it hits a creature. A critical hit does not multiply the Constitution damage. Creatures immune to critical hits (such as plants and constructs) are immune to the Consitution damage dealt by this weapon.

Moderate evocation; CL 10th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, mage's sword; Price +2 bonus.
. . . but the PRD states:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The PRD
Wounding: A wounding weapon deals 1 point of bleed damage when it hits a creature. Multiple hits from a wounding weapon increase the bleed damage. Bleeding creatures take the bleed damage at the start of their turns. Bleeding can be stopped by a DC 15 Heal check or through the application of any spell that cures hit point damage. A critical hit does not multiply the bleed damage. Creatures immune to critical hits are immune to the bleed damage dealt by this weapon.

Moderate evocation; CL 10th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, bleed; Price +2 bonus.
egg_green is offline   #238
ShadowChemosh

Old January 17th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
When I do printings of my characters who has to many attacks the entire attack row becomes all jumbled and prints overtop of its self so we cant see the damage and other parts of the attack

When I do printings with the option checked for the full discription of abilities and feats it only shows three lines worth of text is their any way to change this?

If these are unreported errors then thats a plus too
Have you tried out the "Custom" character sheets? You can download two different ones from inside of Hero Lab. When you start HL before you select Pathfinder click on "Find Updates". Then near the bottom of the list is the Ancient's One sheet and Armidale's sheet.

Both are REALLY nice and should solve both your issues.

Once installed to use them you go to "File->Save Custom Output".

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #239
Lurch

Old January 17th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I just found an error in the description for the spell Legend Lore (Bard 4); after the spell's expected text, it goes on to include the text from the "Lesser" spell descriptor.
Lurch is offline   #240
Closed Thread