Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 21st, 2015, 06:31 PM
So I just wanted to post that I know about several issues with the new power attack. Its applying the attack penalty to Ranged weapons (ie Bows) and its not giving the correct damage bonus for Double Weapons.

This will be fixed in the next release.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; May 21st, 2015 at 07:10 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #111
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 25th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Where is the xRage ability that is now attached to the Barbarian class? It is causing conflicts with my user file due to the fact I added a generic xRage for animals. This is easy enough to fix on it's own, but I've also made changes to the barbarian's rage in my user file as well. I wanted to do a compare of the code logic to see if I needed to keep my rage mechanic anymore (it fixed something, just can't remember what it was). I've been looking through the obvious and not so obvious places that it could be in the new files, but I can't for the life of me find it. I haven't looked at everything, but then, most of the other things just don't seem like they would have that mechanic (spells, magic items, etc). Could you point me to the correct data file so I can get my system running again without accidentally losing something in the process? Thanks!
Kendall-DM is offline   #112
ShadowChemosh

Old May 26th, 2015, 12:43 PM
When doing this stuff for LW I don't work in the editor at all. So I know which .dat file it is in but I don't know off the top of my head which editor "Tab" it is in.

I will take a look tonight when I get home.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #113
ShadowChemosh

Old May 26th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Where is the xRage ability that is now attached to the Barbarian class? It is causing conflicts with my user file due to the fact I added a generic xRage for animals. This is easy enough to fix on it's own, but I've also made changes to the barbarian's rage in my user file as well. I wanted to do a compare of the code logic to see if I needed to keep my rage mechanic anymore (it fixed something, just can't remember what it was). I've been looking through the obvious and not so obvious places that it could be in the new files, but I can't for the life of me find it. I haven't looked at everything, but then, most of the other things just don't seem like they would have that mechanic (spells, magic items, etc). Could you point me to the correct data file so I can get my system running again without accidentally losing something in the process? Thanks!
xRage is a "Special". So in the editor its located "General->Special" tab. Then you can simply search for "xRage" to find it quickly.

So the only thing is some of the XML Comments don't come through in the Editor. So here is the notes for the different Value fields:
Code:
    <fieldval field="Value" value="4"/>   <!-- Attribute Bonus -->
    <fieldval field="Value2" value="2"/>  <!-- Will Save Bonus -->
    <fieldval field="Value3" value="-2"/> <!-- Armor Class Penalty -->
    <fieldval field="Value4" value="3"/>  <!-- Rounds of Rage -->

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #114
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 27th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
xRage is a "Special". So in the editor its located "General->Special" tab. Then you can simply search for "xRage" to find it quickly.

Hmmm, I did not find it there. Is it listed as something other than 'Rage'?
Kendall-DM is offline   #115
ShadowChemosh

Old May 27th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Hmmm, I did not find it there. Is it listed as something other than 'Rage'?
Nope its called "Rage". You can search by "name" or Thing ID in the list when you do "New (Copy)" by the way.

P.S - Just to make sure we are on the same page. You are looking in the editor for this Thing right?

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; May 27th, 2015 at 12:52 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #116
ShadowChemosh

Old May 27th, 2015, 12:55 PM
So just wanted to point out that going forward the Community and others with there own mods to d20 should start using a two digit "ID".

In the Editor I think under 'Tools' is the ability to set that two digit value so that the Editor automatically appends all Unique ID's with that value.

So in example you could make it xRage instead be "xDMRage" assuming DM means something to you. You could do this different for "each" book but I found it makes sense to do the Two Digit ID based on "each" package.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #117
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 27th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So just wanted to point out that going forward the Community and others with there own mods to d20 should start using a two digit "ID".

In the Editor I think under 'Tools' is the ability to set that two digit value so that the Editor automatically appends all Unique ID's with that value.

So in example you could make it xRage instead be "xDMRage" assuming DM means something to you. You could do this different for "each" book but I found it makes sense to do the Two Digit ID based on "each" package.
I have done things like that, but to be honest, the xRage I'm using was not one for Barbarians, since that was already covered pretty well in the original files, I just had to modify that (cBrbRage). My xRage was for creatures, such as the Badger and I didn't think that would be something that would conflict. Obviously, I wasn't very forward thinking about that.

I don't debate that it is, in fact, under General->Specials, but there are a ton of .dat files to look at, and I looked in the obvious places to find it, like the Barbarian one, then other ancillary ones that seemed like they would have it. But you're right, I could just get a copy of it, look at it (which is all I need to do), then delete that copy once I'm satisfied with the contents. I think I was accidently looking in the Adjustments though, doh!
Kendall-DM is offline   #118
ShadowChemosh

Old May 27th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Quote:
but there are a ton of .dat files to look at, and I looked in the obvious places to find it, like the Barbarian one, then other ancillary ones that seemed like they would have it.
What .dat files are you looking at? d20 has its skeletal files encrypted just like Pathfinder does. I know some of the old community files use to be called .dat is that what you mean?

So I did just remember that d20 has a subfolder called "source" but its list of .dat files are not complete. Plus I have never updated these files as they are not the files I work with. So to get to anything "new" that I do you must use the editor to get access to the Things.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #119
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 28th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Fixed it last night. It's working like a charm now. Still have to review my barbarian code though, but that isn't a big issue for me anyhow. It's all copasetic. How would you like me to start with the Spells and getting them aligned?
Kendall-DM is offline   #120
Closed Thread