Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
djc664

Old January 8th, 2011, 01:15 PM
So using the joy that is the Bestiary 1 & 2, I went to put in every NPC/Monster that's indicated in the book. I also like to share.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wp7cgoadiglpt9h

This link is to the zip file containing the User file & Por file.

The User file should be copied into the Hero Lab Pathfinder data folder, and includes the following additions:
  • Mother of Oblivion
  • "Converted" Ogrekin Deformities from RotRL vol 3
  • Rat, Donkey
  • Spider, Huge Funnel Web

The races are all linked to the Rise of the Runelords Optional selection, so to use them in your own campaign you will need to Configure Hero & check off that adventure path option. You need the Bestiary 2 add-on to make use of the extra Ogrekin Deformaties (they interface with the Ogrekin NPC race).

The Portfolio file has my conversions of all of the NPCs and Monsters in the volume. None of these are official, of course, but I tried to keep as close to the book as possible. The following validation errors come up but I ignore them for the following reasons:
  • Ogrekin Zombies - when the Zombie template is added to an Ogrekin, the Humanoid type is changed to Undead. This throws an error for the Ogrekin race which is looking for a humanoid character type. That said, all the bonuses are either moot or still applied.
  • Too many Languages - Many of the Giants & Ogrekin have only Giant (and not common) in their starting languages. Through Configure Hero, I selected "No Common Language" and added the starting language of Giant, which throws the error. You could spend a skill point in Linguistics instead, but I didn't want to change the skill points in the conversion for something that should be built in.
  • Bears! - Rangers can't have bears as companions anymore. I didn't have the heart to break this to Jakardros; he's just been through so much lately. Perhaps after AP we explain that changes are necessary. Either way, it only tells you they aren't for Rangers and still works as needed.

Please let me know if you find any other issues! I'm going to go through the first two books like this, I think, because there are some gaps in the Bestiary 2 content which I've already coded. Might as well complete the two year project. :/

Last edited by djc664; January 8th, 2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: clarity
djc664 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote