Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rickjonzz

Old April 9th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Two questions / feature requests:

(1) Is there a way to have ranged touch attacks as a weapon? (For ray spells and the like.)

(2) In a related question, is there a way to roll the damage for a spell?

That said, it's really impressive and I like it a LOT.
rickjonzz is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 9th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc664 View Post
Awesome App!!

So dropbox support I would second, FWIW.

In the meantime, I did the ol' Open In from dropbox and that is good enough for now, but it looks like the file in drop box gets copied into the Hero Lab app. From there I'm just editing a local copy, not updating / changing the Drop Box original - is that correct?

In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to put all the player sheets in one place (dropbox) and have everyone use them during game, but then all updates and changes from game make it back to the portfolio original(s). Great for GM reference and use between sessions as well.... Journal updates could be made, secret information staged for the players, equipment could be stolen by unscrupulous NPCs that just happened to be very helpful when they were setting up camp...

So far, though, it's awesome. I'm super excited about using it at my table. Thanks Lone Wolf!
Proper Dropbox support is something we have planned for a future version, but we wanted to get the basics out now so that people can use the app.
Colen is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 9th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjonzz View Post
(1) Is there a way to have ranged touch attacks as a weapon? (For ray spells and the like.)
Normally I would say simply install the file "TouchAttacks.user" from d20pfsrd but you can't install a .user file. I will get that fixed by creating a .hl file to install the file instead. Then if you use Safari to download the file from d20pfsrd it will ask you to open it in HL and you will get a weapons called "Ranged Touch Attack" and "Touch Attack" you can add to your character sheet then.

Will do that tonight.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 9th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjonzz View Post
Two questions / feature requests:

(2) In a related question, is there a way to roll the damage for a spell?

That said, it's really impressive and I like it a LOT.
1) You can see your melee and ranged touch attacks by tapping the "Attack Bonus" table entry - they should be displayed in the description text there. I'll see if we can figure out a good way to have them displayed in the weapons list; the problem is most characters won't want to see them, so I'm not sure it's appropriate to always show them there.

2) Not currently. We'll be expanding the dice roller to allow you to roll whichever combination of dice you want, but calculating the appropriate damage for each spell is a big chunk of work that Hero Lab doesn't do yet.
Colen is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 9th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonious View Post
Either this can't be done on a Mac or I can't find it when I have my iPad attached to my Mac with iTunes open. Can you give instructions? Hopefully this will be a built in feature soon because I have already had to import the same character three times and I can't remove any of them.

Thank you.
Go to the "File Sharing" section in iTunes, find the Hero Lab app, select the file(s) you don't want, and press the Delete key on your keyboard.

Better file management support is definitely something we'll be adding in the future.
Colen is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 9th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHerald View Post
No I have an iPad. I used the wrong description when I typed my question.
Try the following link - can you access the app from it? https://itunes.apple.com/bm/app/hero...er/id628821549
Colen is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 9th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
1) You can see your melee and ranged touch attacks by tapping the "Attack Bonus" table entry - they should be displayed in the description text there. I'll see if we can figure out a good way to have them displayed in the weapons list; the problem is most characters won't want to see them, so I'm not sure it's appropriate to always show them there.
Honestly Colen I don't know why you guys never added my TouchAttacks.user file to HL core. It gets used ALLOT as its also a great thing to have for pen and paper sheets as it keeps the stuff on the front page of your character sheet.

In this case you would simply be able to add the weapons when you want or don't want. For my houserules data set its even setup to correctly apply TWF rules for a magus when they Spellcombat. Ancient1's character sheet even now looks for my "touch attack/ranged touch attack" weapon on print out to correctly display stats for a Magus also.

Maybe its time again to look at a simple solution like this?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
DarkHerald

Old April 9th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Try the following link - can you access the app from it? https://itunes.apple.com/bm/app/hero...er/id628821549
It asks me to change store accounts. Says product not available in South African store
DarkHerald is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old April 9th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Perhaps it hasn't propagated to all of the non-US stores yet...
Unseelie is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 10th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHerald View Post
It asks me to change store accounts. Says product not available in South African store
I just checked the app management page for Hero Lab, and it's definitely flagged as being available in South Africa. We've also had downloads from as far afield as Brazil, Australia, Denmark, and China, so the app is definitely available in non-US stores.

I'd recommend contacting Apple support about this issue - they may be able to explain why you can't see the app.
Colen is offline   #30 Reply With Quote