Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 15th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
d20pfsrd - Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (vX.XX)
RavenX have been hard at work inputting material from Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting and the Skills and Powers books. It is now ready for everyone to unleash in there games!

For setup details to get this data set please see THIS post.

After installing this data set you will have a two new options that can be check marked in the Configure Your Hero window listed under the "Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting".
V1.5 - September 15, 2013
RavenX
Existing files have had numerous bug fixes since the previous release, some deity unique ids were changed to reflect conflicts in hero lab.
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Deities and Spells
-bug fixes.
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Equipment
-bug fixes.
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Feats
-no changes.
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Languages
-bug fixes.
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Prestige Classes
-no changes
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Races
-bug fixes.
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Region Traits and Knowledge Local Skills
-no changes.

Note: New sources/books where added that are grayed out. These are a work in progress and as they get added the sources will become available to be check marked. Please note that additional add-ons are still in the planning phases at this time. I don't have a lot of spare time to work on this data at this time, but the unselectable options should give you an idea of what is planned for the future.

Files added in this update:
Forgotten Realms Shining South
-This is an early release, covering the Loxo and Thri-kreen races of Toril and feats. This book is the current project and being worked through when I have spare time. Please Note: You need the Psionics Unleashed supplement to make use of the Thri-kreen's psionic abilities.

Forgotten Realms Underdark
-This is an early release, for those who waited patiently. I do not have time to add all of the prestige classes and get scripts functioning properly on everything at this time. I am releasing these files, as is.

Psionics Unleashed v1.8 is also included now with FR.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 15th, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #521
Kane_Severance

Old September 15th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
You appear to be correct sir. I accidentally left the Archetype file for WotW out of the player pack. Sigh... bad Shadow!

I just put out a quick update to the player pack (v2.17) to add the missing file in. Update and you will find the archetype available then.
Thanks for the quick response and update! You rock.
Kane_Severance is offline   #522
Kane_Severance

Old September 15th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Just noticed the Lord of Darkness antipaladin archetype accidentally includes the level 17 Hand of Tyranny Monk archetype class feature, "Tongue of Lies." Everything else seems correct on it.
Kane_Severance is offline   #523
Frodie

Old September 16th, 2013, 05:00 AM
I got the same error as before.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
4.2b 371

major: 6, minor: 2, build: 9200, platform: 2, version: , spmaj: 0, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005e6cd9
Type: bad read"

I seemed to narrow it down to a set of files I am working on for a 3pp, they haven't been release yet, so it cool. But the files seem to work fine without the community files, but get the error with them.

Ok, I think I found the issue. I have 3 new cleric domains, and for some reason when they are with the community dataset, it seems to assign automatic languages, weapon and armor groups and feats. Each have 6 each and I can't unselect them, (they don't even show up).

IDK, I'll rebuild the domains and see.
There wasn't anything weird in the files (psionics, xml or anything), just kind of straight forward. IDK, any idea how I can hunt down the error?

Ok, found the root of the issue. It has something to do with the txt box of the deity. I copied it to notepad to make sure there isn't something strange. Just plain txt, no bold or italics, and it still falls out. Is there some kind of over all txt limit to all the user files? or maybe a user file limit itself? The fold I have it in has just about all the files around.

Ok, I found the real issue. There seems to be a user file limit. Maybe it's my PC laptop specs (it's a few years old). But I deleted a few users files that I will not use and the files worked fine.

Last edited by Frodie; September 16th, 2013 at 07:57 AM.
Frodie is offline   #524
bodrin

Old September 16th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane_Severance View Post
Just noticed the Lord of Darkness antipaladin archetype accidentally includes the level 17 Hand of Tyranny Monk archetype class feature, "Tongue of Lies." Everything else seems correct on it.
I'll take a look at this as soon as I get some spare time.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #525
ShadowChemosh

Old September 16th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
Ok, I found the real issue. There seems to be a user file limit. Maybe it's my PC laptop specs (it's a few years old). But I deleted a few users files that I will not use and the files worked fine.
That is really strange as I know for the d20 project at point we had over 500+ individual .user files without issues.

Can you send me over the files that cause the problem? I am happy to take a look and see if we can track it down.

Are you using Windows or Mac? I have found on the Mac it has some characters it can't deal with and I have scripts that take them out the stuff before I release.

If you want help feel free to email me at my forum id at yahoo dot com.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #526
Frodie

Old September 16th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Yea, I can send the files to you and stake a look. I am on a PC, but IDK what the 3pp is using to edit the txt.

I sent the files to you. They include the Modern Path files I am working because one of the 3pp files is tied to them.

Last edited by Frodie; September 16th, 2013 at 01:26 PM.
Frodie is offline   #527
Xykal

Old September 17th, 2013, 04:15 PM
After the latest update, I can no longer see any user generated content and I get the following errors when I load into Pathfinder:

Syntax error in "eval" script for Thing 'ruBloodsuc' (Eval Script '#3') on line 6
-> Non-existent thing 'raxBlooDra' used by script

This repeats for ruFleaGian, ruGutslug, and ruLandLamp.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Xykal
Xykal is offline   #528
RavenX

Old September 17th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xykal View Post
After the latest update, I can no longer see any user generated content
Hero Lab boots up in safe mode if there are errors in the compiler encountered somewhere. That is why you're not seeing any user generated content.

Based on the fact it said "Non-existent thing" something was renamed that had a dependency accessed via a script.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #529
Quintain

Old September 17th, 2013, 08:55 PM
The FR stuff doesn't seem to include the Psionic stuff...but when I have the .user files from the Psionics unleashed import, I get duplicate record errors.

I can't seem to configure it so they exist in harmony.

any ideas?
Quintain is offline   #530
Closed Thread