Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Fiordhraoi

Old May 22nd, 2016, 11:44 AM
Hey all, I did a search but didn't see this addressed anywhere.

I'm toying with some optional mechanics that would introduce several new skills. Because I'm going to want PCs to be able to buy these skills in addition to their normal skills, I wanted to increase the number of skill points per level classes get.

I know that for many items, you can create a copy, make changes, and then set the "copy" to supersede the original (I forget how to do that last part, but I can find it again).

When I go to New(Copy) a class, however, it insists on making it a new class with different spelling, etc, etc. I really don't want to have to have a game full of Wyzards, Durids, Rouges, and Clurichs.

Is there a way to change simple things like that in the base classes without having to create an entire "alternate" class that's spelled differently?
Fiordhraoi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old May 22nd, 2016, 03:41 PM
Easiest would just be to give them the adjustment and tell them how many additional points per level they get.

You could create a mechanic that would change the field on the character, but I think the adjument would be easiest.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 23rd, 2016, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiordhraoi View Post
When I go to New(Copy) a class, however, it insists on making it a new class with different spelling, etc, etc. I really don't want to have to have a game full of Wyzards, Durids, Rouges, and Clurichs.
Actually it doesn't. HL only cares about Unique ID's nothing else. As long as your 3 digit and 10 digit Unique ID's are unique that's it. "Names" are not used by HL to check for uniqueness in the system.

I am with AndrewD2 to either use an adjustment that is already available or create a mechanic with the logic from the adjustment to increase skills.

Another way is to use make a new Archetype for each class that increases the Skill Points per level to what you want. This would be really easy to do actually and would require no scripting. But your players would have to remember to apply the archetype when making there character.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fiordhraoi

Old June 20th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Cool, thanks for the help guys, I'll give it a shot.
Fiordhraoi is offline   #4 Reply With Quote