Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PepticBurrito

Old June 28th, 2012, 05:27 PM
The Hero Lab Advanced Race Guide support is completely missing pretty much every alternate racial trait in the book (there MIGHT be one, but I couldn't find any). The majority of the book is devoted to alternate racial builds. Do you guys intend to support alternate racial traits at all or is only the race builder chapter supported?

While the spells appear to have been added, they have no racial limitations as required. Will this be corrected?

Why is "Leshy" in the subtypes when it's not in the book? I can't even figure out where this detailed description came from. Could you clean up the subtypes categorization so that ones that are found in the ARG are more clear and ones that are more "generic" are labeled as such?

Additionally, Fly is done incorrectly. When the advanced movement trait fly is added to a race, maneuverability is set to poor and not clumsy (-4 to fly instead of the required -8).
PepticBurrito is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 28th, 2012, 09:56 PM
All ARTs of the races are included. Make sure that you have the ARG source selected, and that further down you have selected the "Optional Rule" that says "Use Alternate Racial Traits". Does that cause them to show up in your system?

The spells are more commonly used by the races whose chapters they are listed under, but it is not mandatory that the person learning them be of that race. Thus we did not see that a race requirement was necessary. The last paragraph of pg 9, where it talks about spells, reads "The spells in this section are common to spellcasting members of the race. Sometimes they only target members of the race, but often they are just the race’s well guarded secrets; members of other races can learn to cast them with GM permission."

The Race Builder includes all racial subtypes for you to select among, that way you can build your race with the maximum flexibility. I believe Leshy is a subtype of plants found in Bestiary 3.

Thanks for pointing out the Flight being Poor instead of clumsy, that's a bug we missed, sorry. I'll get that fixed.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old June 28th, 2012, 10:16 PM
That's weird as looking at Dwarf in HL and comparing the Archetypes, Favored bonuses, and Alternate Racial Traits, it appears that everything from the ARG is in there.

Can you provide any specific examples of something missing?

The only mention I found in the ARG regarding spells is describing them as "race-specific" (ARG, p.5) but I don't see anything that explicitly prohibits other races from learning them (presumably in the game they'd have to find someone willing to share them, but that's simple speculation).

Leshy is a subtype introduced in the Bestiary 3 and available in the PRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/b...#leshy-subtype

Flight - Looks like it does say "Poor" on the character sheet instead of "Clumsy" when you take just Flight (without taking any Flight, Improved). I added this to the Bug thread.

And ninja'd by Aaron. Talk about service...
enrious is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 28th, 2012, 10:21 PM
We'll I'm always happy for a helping hand anyway, thanks enrious.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
PepticBurrito

Old June 29th, 2012, 11:29 PM
I had incorrect assumed alt racial trials would be available for a custom "Human" creation. Aka, a "human" with wings (or any other general trait) and human only special traits. It never dawned on me load up Human and see how the modifications work there. Not as custom as I would like, but technically book.

In terms of the spells, it seems to me, that a GM would at the very least need to know off the bat that a spell's origination is with a specifically labeled race. I would love to give my players more flavor to their race choices. If you play Elf, you get these elven spells. It's there for feats and archetypes, at the very least, I'd like to see the spells have at the very top "Spell origin: Elves", if not an outright setting to limit spells to race.

Again, you've done a lot of care properly separating racial choices by source. It would be nice if the subtype labels were done in the same way.
PepticBurrito is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old July 2nd, 2012, 06:51 AM
If you have a "custom" human that you still want to be able to access the alternate human racial traits, you have to enable it in the editor. In the race tab go to "racial traits allowed" and select human. I had that same problem.
asvaldson is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
steveh

Old July 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
All ARTs of the races are included. Make sure that you have the ARG source selected, and that further down you have selected the "Optional Rule" that says "Use Alternate Racial Traits".
How do I select a source? How do I even figure out if my data packages are being used? I don't see where I can get to a window or screen that allows me to select or deselect data packages.
steveh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
How do I select a source? How do I even figure out if my data packages are being used? I don't see where I can get to a window or screen that allows me to select or deselect data packages.
Hi. You make those selections on the Configure Hero window. Scroll down the list of options, past the Pathfinder Society entries, and you'll start to see the listings of the data packages for selection.
John is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 30th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Configure Your Hero window.
This is the first window of options you see when you start Hero Lab and it can be reached anytime by pressing "CTRL-K".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
I have found a problem with the ARG info. It seems that age, height, and weight rolls haven't been put in for the non-core races.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #10 Reply With Quote