Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Minous

Old March 28th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I admit I am not 100% sure either way.

Either Arron or Mathias will answer. Or if you can email the .user file your working with I can take a look. Its SO MUCH easier/faster for me to just see and work with a .user file.

Email is my forum user id (at) yahoo (dot) com.
Email is on its way to you.
Minous is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 28th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I admit I am not 100% sure either way.

Either Arron or Mathias will answer. Or if you can email the .user file your working with I can take a look. Its SO MUCH easier/faster for me to just see and work with a .user file.

Email is my forum user id (at) yahoo (dot) com.
If I understand correctly, you want to know how to change how the number in between the arrows is displayed, right? Unfortunately, that is determined by the finalize script for the field which the incrementer works on. So if you're incrementing a field which already exists, you don't have access to change that.
Aaron is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 28th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
If I understand correctly, you want to know how to change how the number in between the arrows is displayed, right? Unfortunately, that is determined by the finalize script for the field which the incrementer works on. So if you're incrementing a field which already exists, you don't have access to change that.
I have a max value hard coded into the incrementer (which does work) I am trying to get a current value / max value similar to how wands appear in the in play tab
Minous is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 28th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Again, the display is set by the finalize script for the field you increment through. trkUser is the one shown in the pick template for the Tracked Resources table. What field are you incrementing through? If it is a field you added, then you can add a finalize script to it so it behaves as you wish. If it isn't then you're out of luck, and will have to settle for the UI looking how it looks, sadly.
Aaron is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 28th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Thanks Aaron. I couldn't remember if this was possible on a configurable or not. I never really had the need before to try.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 28th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Im just kind of banging on the keyboard here, but what I have done so far was add Helper.Increment to the list of tags. This go me the counter I was looking for. I stumbled upon Helper.Minimum0 to set the lower value (again I added it to the list of tags) then in the fields button I set abUsrMax = 2 which controls the max value.

At this point I am just spit balling stuff since my primary goal is fairly simple, Shadow has a copy of the current test, so I am waiting to hear back on his thoughts, and get advice on how to progress. If I need to re-write everything I dont have that much invested. My primary goal here is to get a good foundation since most of the FJC stuff is just tracking and then creating adjustments/notes for the boons. The hard part is getting the basics ironed out.
Minous is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 30th, 2017, 06:59 AM
Thanks for all of the help. Ive got one more thing that I want to achieve. How can you get a notes section on an item? Looking to have the pencil Icon with a section for adding comments about how/what was completed for each item.
Minous is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 30th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Assuming the pick you are working with has the Notes component, you can use the following portal

Code:
    <portal
      id="notes"
      style="actNotes"
      tiptext="Click here to make notes about this background">
      <action
        action="notes"
        field="Notes">
        </action>
      </portal>
Aaron is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 30th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Im using the editor and am in the racial Cust Special tab, not sure how to do what your suggesting.
Minous is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 30th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Im using the editor and am in the racial Cust Special tab, not sure how to do what your suggesting.
This thread is called "Custom Tab", so aren't you building your own tab, along with building all the visual elements on that tab?

Aaron gave you the visual element that will place a notes button into the display.
Mathias is offline   #20 Reply With Quote