Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ecultist

Old February 25th, 2016, 06:47 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to create a Custom Class using the Editor and I've run into a few difficulties.

I have a special ability called 'Refine Technique' which allows a character to select from the following list of items: Distant Melody, Distracting Melody, Favored Audience and Inescapable Performance. They are selected at levels 5, 9, 13, etc.

I have created Refined Technique as a Class Special in an attempt to make it like the Rogue's Special Ability and the options which were available to be selected Distant Melody, etc. were created as Custom Abilities.

Even though I'm trying to base the process off of the Rogue class, I can't seem to figure out how to link Distant Melody, etc. to Refined Technique so the character can choose an option on the Class tab in the character editor. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
ecultist is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 4th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Hi. Sorry for missing this previously.

Assuming Refined Technique is a class special, you can use the Custom Expression under "Dropdown Selection Setup" to get what you need. A custom expression is nothing more than a collection of tags. For your purposes, you can be very specific with what you want to show up in the dropdown selection menu by using your specials thingids. I'm going to use example thingids. You'll want to use your own:

Code:
thingid.xDistMel & thingid.xDistMel & thingid.xFavAud & thingid.InesPerf
Other ways to use this feature would be to allow any class special that is on your character and is specific to the class you created, like this:

Code:
component.BaseClSpec & SpecSource.cHelpCus & Helper.ShowSpec
You'll want to replace cHelpCus with whatever the thingid is for your class helper thing. This code would actually include Refine Technique in the list. To avoid that, you can do something like this:

Code:
component.BaseClSpec & SpecSource.cHelpCus & Helper.ShowSpec & !thingid.xRefTech
By placing '!' in front of the thingid tag, you are telling HL to exclude anything with that tag on it. Also, for reference, you can use '|' as OR.

Lastly, you'll want to select All Picks on Hero in the Restrict First List To... dropdown.

Hope this helps.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 4th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Code:
thingid.xDistMel & thingid.xDistMel & thingid.xFavAud & thingid.InesPerf
Sorry for butting in again but I think this is a MT with the & sign. The above is saying that the Pick would need ALL those tags present to be valid. Which nothing will have all 4 thingid.? tags. I think you mean to use "|" for "OR".

Code:
thingid.xDistMel | thingid.xDistMel | thingid.xFavAud | thingid.InesPerf
This means that if any of these tags are present on a Pick it will get displayed in the dropdown list.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 5th, 2016, 04:38 AM
Yep. That's correct. Sorry. Very sleepy this week.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ecultist

Old March 7th, 2016, 03:58 AM
Hi,

Thank you for the update, I'll give that a try and see how it works.
ecultist is offline   #5 Reply With Quote