Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

mirtos

Old March 4th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Ive noticed that the "Priest" class from chiefweasel has a bug. The "Extra Channel" feat doesnt affect it.

So I was looking at the Channel Energy ability for the priest class, and i noticed it was missing one script that the normal channel energy has.

"perform hero.assign[Hero.Channel]"

I thought that was it, as I looked at the way the feat worked, but that didnt seem to do anything. Does anyone know what the fix might be?

EDIT: Actually, the script had the perform hero.assign[Hero.Channel] so I was wrong about that. It does seem to be ignoring the Extra Channel feat. Going to look into it.

Last edited by mirtos; March 4th, 2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: apparantly i can't read
mirtos is offline   #331
Aurrin

Old March 4th, 2013, 07:23 PM
I'm sorry if this is something obvious, but I haven't been able to find an answer after a fair bit of searching. When I configure a character portfolio, most of the Eberron sources are disabled. I've checked, and I do have the paid version (Core), plus all three bestiaries, APG, UC, UM, and UE. It doesn't give me any indication that I can find as to why the sources are disabled. Am I doing something wrong? I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HLEberronDisabled.jpg (53.2 KB, 7 views)
Aurrin is offline   #332
mirtos

Old March 5th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I think i see why, but im not sure i know how to fix it. Priest Channel is prChannel, presumably because they made it d8 instead of d6 (god knows why?), whereas all other channels are xChannel.

Extra Channel specifically looks for xChannel. I imagine I could create a feat for Priest Channels only, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

One thing i would love to be able to do would be able to modify the "core" feats/classes. Whats the correct way to do that? (without literally copying every one?) Duplicate a system?
mirtos is offline   #333
Maidhc O Casain

Old March 5th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurrin View Post
I'm sorry if this is something obvious, but I haven't been able to find an answer after a fair bit of searching. When I configure a character portfolio, most of the Eberron sources are disabled. I've checked, and I do have the paid version (Core), plus all three bestiaries, APG, UC, UM, and UE. It doesn't give me any indication that I can find as to why the sources are disabled. Am I doing something wrong? I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean.
I get the same thing.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #334
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 5th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
Ive noticed that the "Priest" class from chiefweasel has a bug. The "Extra Channel" feat doesnt affect it.

So I was looking at the Channel Energy ability for the priest class, and i noticed it was missing one script that the normal channel energy has.

"perform hero.assign[Hero.Channel]"

I thought that was it, as I looked at the way the feat worked, but that didnt seem to do anything. Does anyone know what the fix might be?

EDIT: Actually, the script had the perform hero.assign[Hero.Channel] so I was wrong about that. It does seem to be ignoring the Extra Channel feat. Going to look into it.
The latest version is on d20pfsrd actually. It would appear the one on Cheifweasel's site is outdated. It would also appear their is a lot of duplication of files actually. Will need to work on that. Download the PFRPG_ToS_Priest.user file from from d20pfsrd as it was fixed back in Oct 2011.

As d20pfsrd confirms to the OGL and CUP I can't post some files to the site. So in example Spell-less Ranger is not OGL so I can't post it to d20pfsrd. This is why some files exist on Cheifweasels site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurrin View Post
Hmm guess based on how LW shows disabled sources I should have put a note about those. They are disabled as I have not done them yet. I wanted to have the Source ID's out their so that other Editors could correctly source mark to those books. Then as I add stuff for those books I will enable them.

Yea I can see how that is not very clear actually. Sometimes what is obvious for the person designing something is not obvious to another person.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #335
chiefweasel

Old March 5th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Hey Shadow, we should get together and sync the files to make sure everthing is up to date. I don't receive files hardly at all, so its mostly static. It could use a good refresh.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #336
mirtos

Old March 5th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The latest version is on d20pfsrd actually. It would appear the one on Cheifweasel's site is outdated. It would also appear their is a lot of duplication of files actually. Will need to work on that. Download the PFRPG_ToS_Priest.user file from from d20pfsrd as it was fixed back in Oct 2011.

As d20pfsrd confirms to the OGL and CUP I can't post some files to the site. So in example Spell-less Ranger is not OGL so I can't post it to d20pfsrd. This is why some files exist on Cheifweasels site.

(

Thanks for the info!
mirtos is offline   #337
Jamz

Old March 5th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Hi, I wanted to run a couple of PF modules and so I thought I'd check this data set out (awesome work BTW!)

So, I have the latest PF dataset, all the Core books, Ultimate books, & Beast books, I configured the secondary updates, downloaded the community bestiary, everything is good so far... So I now download The Harrowing and Carrion Hill zips from http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/commu...tions/hero-lab

I didn't use the .user from The Harrowing zip (as I assume the one from the community bestiary is the correct one and already there?) But, when I load The Harrowing.por file I get the following errors:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\Lee\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_iss ues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Pick 'spScriCha0' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '239'
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Rogg'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'The Harrowing'
Pick 'raFunJuggl' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '426'
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Bear, Grizzly'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'raUniRidin' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '426'
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Brambleson'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'rFeyBrambl' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '430'
Chained pick 'spConfLes1' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '430'
Chained pick 'spDeteMag0' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '430'
Chained pick 'spDimeDoo3' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '430'
Chained pick 'spInviGre4' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '430'
Chained pick 'spKnowDir0' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '430'
Chained pick 'spLocaObj2' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '430'
Chained pick 'spMageArm1' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '430'
Chained pick 'spPasswit1' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '430'
Chained pick 'spTrueStr1' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '430'
Chained pick 'spRemoCur3' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '430'
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Embor Comes-By-Night'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'raStlShdw' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '427'
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Marzalee the Weaver'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'rVAntGQuen' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '438'
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Animated Wax Gobs'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'rcAOMolten' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '428'
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Sonnorae'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'rHagMute' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '425'
Chained pick 'spBestCur3' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '425'
Chained pick 'spBlindne2' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '425'
Chained pick 'spContagi3' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '425'
Chained pick 'spContWea7' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '425'
Chained pick 'spCrusDes3' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '425'
Chained pick 'spCureLig1' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '425'

If I save it under another name and reload it I get:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\Lee\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_iss ues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Am I just dealing with an outdated .por file or doing something wrong?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #338
frumple

Old March 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Jamz. You need both the Bestiary_Modules.user file and Harrowing.user files. The user files with the Module name has unique monsters, items etc. from that module. The module bestiary is for more general races.
frumple is offline   #339
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 5th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Hi, I wanted to run a couple of PF modules and so I thought I'd check this data set out (awesome work BTW!)

So, I have the latest PF dataset, all the Core books, Ultimate books, & Beast books, I configured the secondary updates, downloaded the community bestiary, everything is good so far... So I now download The Harrowing and Carrion Hill zips from http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/commu...tions/hero-lab

I didn't use the .user from The Harrowing zip (as I assume the one from the community bestiary is the correct one and already there?) But, when I load The Harrowing.por file I get the following errors:

Am I just dealing with an outdated .por file or doing something wrong?
Only the .zip files in the "Community Bestiary" folder work with the Community Bestiary. Based on the fact that you said the .zip file had a .user file you downloaded the Chava version of the module and not the CB one.

The site has a little yellow folder with a name to try and break down each section. In this case you want all the stuff at the very top of the site actually. Another way to know for sure you have the right zip file is that it will contain a ReadMe.txt file that says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadME.txt
For these .por files to work correctly you must have the latest version of the "Community Bestiary" data set downloaded and installed.

See THIS forum post for details on how to get it:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=15583
Download the file "The Harrowing.zip" instead which also has a break down of all the encounters in the module by section. These will open without errors then also as I do my best to do keep the .pors updated using the "Prepare for Distribution" option in HL.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #340
Closed Thread