Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Skarn

Old June 16th, 2017, 11:02 PM
I'm converting some of the 'Lesser Golems' from Dragon #341 to use in a Pathfinder campaign.

I've got the standard four info blocks on the NPC tab set with default text, but I'd like to auto-populate another block as well, 'Tactics - During Combat'. Is there a Field ID that I can manually add to the race so as to auto-populate this information from the 'Default' button?

Also, is there a field that I can use to override a Natural Attack's default damage type? I used wArm and overrode the livename since I couldn't find where in the editor to create a new Natural Attack, but that has B/S, and I'm pretty sure that the golem's Slash attack should only be dealing slashing damage.

Last edited by Skarn; June 16th, 2017 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Added a second question
Skarn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old June 18th, 2017, 06:08 AM
If you set the type from PC to NPC, an NPC tab appears.

Clicking add a facet of NPC information gets a pop up, where tactics (amongst other options) appears.
This is where I've seen NPC tactics, for some 3rd party products.

Not sure how you'd get that box to populate, for a creature type that appears in the encounter builder, but you could fill it in for a creature that you save as a portfolio.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 18th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarn View Post
I've got the standard four info blocks on the NPC tab set with default text, but I'd like to auto-populate another block as well, 'Tactics - During Combat'. Is there a Field ID that I can manually add to the race so as to auto-populate this information from the 'Default' button?
No. This is added in the .por file not the editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarn View Post
Also, is there a field that I can use to override a Natural Attack's default damage type? I used wArm and overrode the livename since I couldn't find where in the editor to create a new Natural Attack, but that has B/S, and I'm pretty sure that the golem's Slash attack should only be dealing slashing damage.
You should be using the "Other Natural Attack" so you can set the livename and set the damage tags yourself. This is also preferred so that creatures that get "Arm" bonuses would not being adding values to a natural attack that is not an "Arm".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote